I want an app for...

Guest Frankish

Guest BunnyPunch

It's entirely possible what I'm looking for is in settings and I've just been too dumb to find it, but I'm after better control of sync-ing.

Ideally, what I'm after is a list of all the applications installed and the ability to control how and when they sync. I know some applications have reasonable controls in their settings, but some don't. An example today was Springpad - I have auto sync unticked, but nonetheless it decided to sync while I was using it out and about. In Evernote you have an option to only sync using WiFi, but not all applications give you that control. I know you can turn off auto-sync in settings, but I want Gmail to auto-sync at all times - it's everything else that's the issue. Anyone know of anything that offers that kind of control?

I'm guessing Tasker offers that capability but I'd like to be sure before buying it, and I'm wondering if there's anything out there for that specific purpose.

Guest nikonboy
is there an application that I use touchscreen or something else to go back instead of using back button.

Many thanks

Button Savior from the market does the job for me

Guest IronDoc
It's entirely possible what I'm looking for is in settings and I've just been too dumb to find it, but I'm after better control of sync-ing.

Ideally, what I'm after is a list of all the applications installed and the ability to control how and when they sync. I know some applications have reasonable controls in their settings, but some don't. An example today was Springpad - I have auto sync unticked, but nonetheless it decided to sync while I was using it out and about. In Evernote you have an option to only sync using WiFi, but not all applications give you that control. I know you can turn off auto-sync in settings, but I want Gmail to auto-sync at all times - it's everything else that's the issue. Anyone know of anything that offers that kind of control?

I'm guessing Tasker offers that capability but I'd like to be sure before buying it, and I'm wondering if there's anything out there for that specific purpose.

Tasker generally can't control anything inside another app unless they allow it to. They'll usually tell you they have 'tasker integration' on their page.

Guest BunnyPunch
Tasker generally can't control anything inside another app unless they allow it to. They'll usually tell you they have 'tasker integration' on their page.

Thank you - oh well. The search continues.

Guest CRIS.F.7
Which clock are you using? Looks nice :(

Looks like one of the different layout options of Fancy Widget Pro. Cost bout' a quid from the market but well worth it you get a lifetimes worth of skins and very clean and polished.

Guest mau34

thanks for the answer for my last question, but got a few more...

went to france for a week, was using a sim with no 3g, n now back in england, 3g keeps turning itself on for some reason (i use switchpro to turn 3g/wifi on and off), any way to stop this?

also when i use 'automatic' for time, it changes my time to gmt + 1, i am using 3 and it was behaving alright when before i went to france, any idea guys?

thanks for the help in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ezablade

Wonder if anyone can help me...

I'm looking for an app that brings calndar reminders up on the screen, in the same way that Handcent displays sms messages... that is, it turns the screen on from sleep and displays the message nice and clearly on the screen, so you can't miss it.

The calendar reminders are pretty pathetic, a single bleep and the icon in the status bar, which I hide using Launcher pro.

I've seen one that looked promising, but the free version was so hobbled that I've no idea if it's what I'm after, and don't want to be paying out if it's not quite there..

Guest ranXeron

I´m looking for an app which helps me to practise my bass licks.

It should:

playback mp3s

loop from point a -> b

change speed without changing pitch

cheers

Guest Rotmann
Is there an app besides Tasker which automaticaly turns on bluetooth while I am charging my phone?

Try AutomateIt or Locale. Both great FREE and good UI alternatives to tasker (maybe not so complex but much easier to deal with).

Guest rak007
Wonder if anyone can help me...

I'm looking for an app that brings calndar reminders up on the screen, in the same way that Handcent displays sms messages... that is, it turns the screen on from sleep and displays the message nice and clearly on the screen, so you can't miss it.

The calendar reminders are pretty pathetic, a single bleep and the icon in the status bar, which I hide using Launcher pro.

I've seen one that looked promising, but the free version was so hobbled that I've no idea if it's what I'm after, and don't want to be paying out if it's not quite there..

Mee too in search of an exactly similar app. The inbuilt reminder / google calendar reminder is useless and i still miss my reminders because of its pathetic notification.

Guest beangeles
is there an application that I use touchscreen or something else to go back instead of using back button.

Many thanks

try button savior

Guest Hamleteer
Mee too in search of an exactly similar app. The inbuilt reminder / google calendar reminder is useless and i still miss my reminders because of its pathetic notification.

Pure Calendar is what I use - but as a widget on my home screen. It is life saver for me having it like this. It does cost, but only just over £1. The reminder is still just in the taskbar with a simple notification, but as I check the phone every now and again, I see when/what is happening next anyway. I found this screenshot on the web so you can see how it works (size of the widget and colours/skin can of course easly be changed.

5398200860_aa96c21716.jpg

Guest frenchdroid
Is there an app besides Tasker which automaticaly turns on bluetooth while I am charging my phone?

The ADW Launcher I have in Cyanogenmod 7 has a Power Control widget which has various settings, one of which is to tun on bluetooth when connected to external power and another, separate option, to turn it off when disconnecting from external power.

I'm using CM7 nightly 25 and have zero problems.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dunfiedoughball

I am looking for an app that means i can send photos/music/videos from my PC to phone over wifi instead of by USB a bit like "chrome to phone" works with web pages.

Any suggestions?

cheers

Guest The Soup Thief
I am looking for an app that means i can send photos/music/videos from my PC to phone over wifi instead of by USB a bit like "chrome to phone" works with web pages.

Any suggestions?

cheers

Could just use Dropbox - very easy to set up. Personally I use SwiFTP for this kinda thing

Have you tried droidwall yet? It's a firewall application wich controlls whether an app uses wifi or mobile data or neither. Don't know if you can apply specific sync rules, but there's a general sync option.

Guest flibb

Any suggestions?

cheers

I use a combination of dropbox, myphoneexplorer and winamp to do those things. Dropbox is great for hanling general files and works over wifi or the phones data connection, myphoneexplorer is purely wifi based and lets you access tuff on your phone from a PC (you cn also send files to the phone), winamp is purely media, it lets you sync stuff over wifi.

Guest dunfiedoughball
Could just use Dropbox - very easy to set up. Personally I use SwiFTP for this kinda thing

I use a combination of dropbox, myphoneexplorer and winamp to do those things. Dropbox is great for hanling general files and works over wifi or the phones data connection, myphoneexplorer is purely wifi based and lets you access tuff on your phone from a PC (you cn also send files to the phone), winamp is purely media, it lets you sync stuff over wifi.

Thanks Guys,

Plenty to experiment with there.

cheers

Guest Michealtbh

Any suggestions?

cheers

WebSharing

Guest McrRed

I'm looking for a sound recorder that features Volume or Gain control of some description.

I'm in a band (that's obviously too loud) and would like to be able to use the Blade to record rehearsals.

I tried a couple of apps but without being able reduce gain/volume the sound just ends up like a mush.

Guest jakobitm

I am searching for an application which will unlock phone from deep sleep with MENU or Volume button. Using top button is most annoying thing with an Android.

Cheers

jakobitm