Quickoffice HD (tablet version)

Guest extrememonkey

Guest extrememonkey

Thought I would share this as most won't visit the Advent Vega forum here on Modaco.....

Quickoffice Hd has been ripped from the Adam Ink.... This is a full working updated version not available on tbe market.

Now I have fully tested it on my Vega, and briefly on my Streak and it its by far the best app I have used for creating and editing word files et al, you can even edit and create and sync google docs.....

Link to Vega forum post

This may Or may not get pulled depending if Paul Or the mods see it as illegal content.....

Thought I would share this as most won't visit the Advent Vega forum here on Modaco.....

Quickoffice Hd has been ripped from the Adam Ink.... This is a full working updated version not available on tbe market.

Now I have fully tested it on my Vega, and briefly on my Streak and it its by far the best app I have used for creating and editing word files et al, you can even edit and create and sync google docs.....

Link to Vega forum post

This may Or may not get pulled depending if Paul Or the mods see it as illegal content.....

Works great

Edit : said that too soon.... I cannot find an editing options .

Edited by Gopu

Guest rgsekula
This MUST replace the built in Quickoffice.apk in DJ_Steve's StreakRom 1.6.2!

Im on Steves 1.5.3 and I can't get this installed.

I've tried thru gmail, root explorer and astro. -> "Installing"...."Application not installed".

:lol:

Im on Steves 1.5.3 and I can't get this installed.

I've tried thru gmail, root explorer and astro. -> "Installing"...."Application not installed".

:lol:

Make sure ur existing one is uninstalled.

Guest extrememonkey

Firstly uninstall your previous version, to save more questions - use root uninstaller from the market if you can't uninstall with root explorer.....

The new HD version will have a small HD on the logo.....

Guest alert_bri

Very nice indeed, the file finder interface works really well on the Streak. Thanks for the heads-up... One more step towards replacing my laptop!

Cheers

Brian

Firstly uninstall your previous version, to save more questions - use root uninstaller from the market if you can't uninstall with root explorer.....

works great

Guest rgsekula
Make sure ur existing one is uninstalled.

Ended up using Titanium backup to uninstall.

thanks working perfectly now.

Guest extrememonkey
Very nice indeed, the file finder interface works really well on the Streak. Thanks for the heads-up... One more step towards replacing my laptop!

Cheers

Brian

If only we could get a ported copy of Adobe Creative Suite to Android and the ability to use a graphics tablet then my laptop would be next to near redundant......

Guest zrospeed
Used Titanium backup to uninstall and it won't install.

Used root remove to uninstall and dot won't install.

Any tips on manually doing this?

i just managed to install it. one try. first i used root explorer to delete quickoffice.apk on system/apps/ ...then i rebooted. then installed the new quickoffice hd apk. enjoy

Guest LorD CLockaN
Hi Guys,

Can anyone post a quick step by step guide on how to get this installed and running?

LOL!! read one post above!!

edit:

I just did this:

-Removed quickoffice.apk from /system/app

-downloaded the quickoffice.zip from above link

-transfered it via dropbox to streak and installed it without issues or prior reboots!

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Dunno If I'm missing something here but I unistalled the last quickoffice and installed the linked version and they are exactly the same. I don't have any HD anywhere :lol:

LOL!! read one post above!!

edit:

I just did this:

-Removed quickoffice.apk from /system/app

-downloaded the quickoffice.zip from above link

-transfered it via dropbox to streak and installed it without issues or prior reboots!

I did but he just said what he did to remove the old one and then 'I installed then new one' but didnt explain how? The fact that its a zip file rather than an apk threw me off a little which is why I posted the question.

Thanks for the steps though, much appreciated!

EDIT: Ok, I've dropped the zip file onto my sdcard but when I browse to it via Root Explorer and click on it, it just shows me all the files...how do I get it to install?

Edited by NAZty

Guest LorD CLockaN

:lol: rename .zip into .apk file and you're welcome :)

@NO1FAN:

The shortcut after installation is different.. It has a little HD on it

Edited by LorD CLockaN

@NO1FAN:

Awesome! Thanks once again!

Oh yeah just noticed one more thing...when I browse to /system/app I can also see something called PassionQuickOffice.apk - am I ok to delete this as well?

Guest LorD CLockaN

don't know, I've allready deleted a bunch of stuff from there that I don't use and are not swystem required!

Try tapping on it and than some option or something to see the full name of a program.. or try to move it to sd card and you'll see if it's needed for something! than you can delete it later

@NO1FAN:

When I download the link It Is already a .apk so no need to rename it. I uninstalled the quickoffice that was originally on there and then installed the quickoffice.apk but for me It's exactly the same application. No little HD at all. This is weird that you got a zip file as on my screen it shows as an apk.

Any chance someone could email me the zip?

don't know, I've allready deleted a bunch of stuff from there that I don't use and are not swystem required!

Try tapping on it and than some option or something to see the full name of a program.. or try to move it to sd card and you'll see if it's needed for something! than you can delete it later

Sorry for the silly questions - what you have advised is very logical, I have now moved it as advised and installed the tablet version which is up and running!

Guest LorD CLockaN
When I download the link It Is already a .apk so no need to rename it. I uninstalled the quickoffice that was originally on there and then installed the quickoffice.apk but for me It's exactly the same application. No little HD at all. This is weird that you got a zip file as on my screen it shows as an apk.

Any chance someone could email me the zip?

This is what I've downloaded and than rename it to...

my upload: http://rapidshare.com/files/444640217/QuickofficeHD.apk