Some questions about csc and my rom

Guest kkostas

Guest kkostas

hello guys i would like to ask a few questions about roms cause i am a bit confused

for 1st i got an b7610 bought from vodafone Greece and now that i use another carrier something from vodafone is replacing vodafones settings (browser front page/connections/mms) etc some times and even unblocks connections that i have blocked with nodata.

i'm satisfied by the rom it runs cause i made some modifications to it. what i like to ask is what is causing the carrier modifications even if i delete the settings. i heard it has something to do with CSC but i got no idea what that is and if i can change it without losing my phones greek language support.

my phones s/w version is the following

PDA: B7610NBUIL1

CSC: B7610NVGRIL1

PHONE B7610BUIK1

any ideas?

thanks for reading.

Guest kkostas

hello again.

i flashed the phone using the latest official firmware i found B7610NXXJC2 this is a multi language rom and its great. works fine for me. the only issue i have is that i cant use the hardware keyboard old sortcut to toggle between languages i have to press Sym+space for the language menu to appear. does any one know how this is modified?

Guest sakisds
hello again.

i flashed the phone using the latest official firmware i found B7610NXXJC2 this is a multi language rom and its great. works fine for me. the only issue i have is that i cant use the hardware keyboard old sortcut to toggle between languages i have to press Sym+space for the language menu to appear. does any one know how this is modified?

Hi there, I am from Greece too and I flashed official JC2 CSC too. The change language key works only on some ROMs, usually full ones. I found no fix for this so far.

Edited by sakisds

Guest sakisds
Hello from Greece ! one question can we put this rom http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...7610-23144-rom/

and have Greek menu; And if we can , how we can do it?

thanks for replies

No, you can't have menus in Greek. You can write in Greek normally but you can't use it for the menu. I can try and cook a Greek light ROM if you want. 6.5.3?

• 3 weeks later...