[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Re battery issues with this rom : -

First, I must totally agree with what oh!dougal has said above, very good advice...

I also had slight battery issues, recalibration helped a wee bit... However I've recalibrated again and the battery is now lasting for ages - after each 48 hrs of normal usage ( wifi, calls, texts, gmail, app downloads, syncs etc ) I still have approx 10 % left, the key is to totally max out the battery during the calibration process..

What I done was, after each stage of charging until fully charged ( green light ) I left the phone on charge for an extra 45 minutes each time... This has made a huge difference..

Give it a go, you've nothing to loose...

PS, for me this rom is superb ! very fast and reliable... thanks SEB

Dmont

Battery -

I think its time that at least one of the people with battery-runtime problems checked to see what is eating their battery!

Unless Seb actually has the problem, he can't investigate what is causing it.

But if you folks could tell him where your battery is going to, then he can maybe look into why that might be ... which opens the door to doing something about it.

You are right of course, thanks for the guide.

I have done as you suggested, the results reported by spare parts looked normal (no apps keeping the phone awake unexpectedly - android system was the highest). I did recalibrate the battery, but it had no effect. My conclusion is that it must be something to do with 2G (as that is all I have in my area). I went back to desoftened 0.3 and the problems disappeared. I have also tried FLB 8, and had no obvious problem (slightly less battery life, but it does have HW acceleration enabled).

I am not complaining, like i said before there are plenty of options. It seems odd that we all get such different results with the same or very similar hardware...but ho hum.

Guest mELIANTE
Reboot happened again and, you guessed it, I wasn't catlogging it... :D

But the screen of the phone went all corrupted in the moment before the reboot. I'm trying the hw acceleration enabled gralloc.msm7k.so from eclair and see if it is related, as I have hw acc on.

Doing a followup on this, and hoping I'm not talking too soon, after I applied the Eclair's gralloc.msm7k.so for hw acceleration, I still haven't got a reboot. Coincidentally, my battery life seems to have improved, but that could just be because of the multiple charges it had since I flashed this.

Now I'm even happier with dx, no flaws whatsoever for my use :P

Guest jasonXXx

Ok i have just got a second blade this time i have a tft screen i first booted the phone and yes the screen color brightness is not as good but its very usable thats on the stock orange 2.1 now i have flashed de_crossed r0.2 and i dont know if its because im used to the oled screen but it looks a bit dull not as bright as i would like also the lost step on the power widget only changes the brightness a tiny bit higher this was not the case with the oled. Does any one else notice this? And if so can any body change the framework to add a brighter max setting?

Guest Len Ash
Ok i have just got a second blade this time i have a tft screen i first booted the phone and yes the screen color brightness is not as good but its very usable thats on the stock orange 2.1 now i have flashed de_crossed r0.2 and i dont know if its because im used to the oled screen but it looks a bit dull not as bright as i would like also the lost step on the power widget only changes the brightness a tiny bit higher this was not the case with the oled. Does any one else notice this? And if so can any body change the framework to add a brighter max setting?

Yes, it is relatively easy to edit framework-res to change the autobrightness profile.

The first array is the light sensor values in Lux

The second array is the display (TFT or OLED) brightness level at the various LUx levels in the first array (value range 0 - 255) and must have an additional line to the first array.

The 3rd and 4th arrays control at what Lux level the buttons light up. Or not. These arrays must also have one more line over the first array.

This set up gives a lower brightness in low light to conserve battery, for instance.

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLevels">

<item>5</item>

<item>20</item>

<item>50</item>

<item>100</item>

<item>300</item>

<item>500</item>

<item>1000</item>

<item>3000</item>

<item>8000</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">

<item>15</item>

<item>20</item>

<item>30</item>

<item>40</item>

<item>60</item>

<item>90</item>

<item>120</item>

<item>160</item>

<item>190</item>

<item>240</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">

<item>5</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues">

<item>5</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

</integer-array>

Hi people!

So, I've been doing a tour through two other ROMs - Paul's r12 and flibblesan's G2 (both based on Chinese R4 although modified) - (I've got a cold, so couldn't get out of the house much during the weekend :D )

Both ROMs work perfectly with my Blade, apart from battery life which is (way) better with de-crossed while actually using the phone.

With the other ROMs I got a significative decrease while, for example, using Maps (GPS+3G). With de-crossed it does not decrease so fast.

Also, in Battery Use, with Paul and flibblesan's ROM there was always an 'Android System' entry even after a night's sleep. (I tried flibblesan's with HWAccell off and had the same results.) With de-crossed I only get 'Cell Standby' and 'Phone Idle' entries after the phone is not used for a while.

Regarding battery usage, de-crossed is the one that better works for me.

I tried to make a mix of these 3 ROMs since flibblesan's latest release has all the latest system/gapps and Paul's has the gingerbread launcher that I enjoyed, but was unable to do so (because I'm an ignorant :P) and was always getting keyboard FCs at boot.

So I ended up having de-crossed, with contacts+contactsprovider+phone from JJ + MMS.apk 2.2.1 (some bugs fixed) + gingerbread keyboard (market) + nexus launcher (page 2 of this thread) and jt_mcg's GB theme for this ROM.

Seb, could you please update the system/gapps to their most current versions (if needed (?))

Cya!

PS: Fun fact: when first using the lock screen (i.e after booting) the words 'unlock' and 'no sound' don't show up. Only after unlocking the screen and locking again are they present.

Edited by manji

Guest jasonXXx
Yes, it is relatively easy to edit framework-res to change the autobrightness profile.

The first array is the light sensor values in Lux

The second array is the display (TFT or OLED) brightness level at the various LUx levels in the first array (value range 0 - 255) and must have an additional line to the first array.

The 3rd and 4th arrays control at what Lux level the buttons light up. Or not. These arrays must also have one more line over the first array.

This set up gives a lower brightness in low light to conserve battery, for instance.

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLevels">

<item>5</item>

<item>20</item>

<item>50</item>

<item>100</item>

<item>300</item>

<item>500</item>

<item>1000</item>

<item>3000</item>

<item>8000</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">

<item>15</item>

<item>20</item>

<item>30</item>

<item>40</item>

<item>60</item>

<item>90</item>

<item>120</item>

<item>160</item>

<item>190</item>

<item>240</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">

<item>5</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

</integer-array>

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues">

<item>5</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

</integer-array>

Thanks for replay i dont think i can do that i all ways have problems decompiling the framework i normally drag and drop images etc to replace them but as the xml files are encrypted guess i cant do that. But it does look like a good way to satisfy my problem if i put my pulse mini and my blade both tft side by side pulse mini using stock tmob rom and blade using de_crossed and set max brightness using the power widget the pulse is a bit brighter.

Guest Len Ash
Thanks for replay i dont think i can do that i all ways have problems decompiling the framework i normally drag and drop images etc to replace them but as the xml files are encrypted guess i cant do that. But it does look like a good way to satisfy my problem if i put my pulse mini and my blade both tft side by side pulse mini using stock tmob rom and blade using de_crossed and set max brightness using the power widget the pulse is a bit brighter.

I find some themed framework-res files fail to recompile correctly, usually something to do with public.xml....

I find some themed framework-res files fail to recompile correctly, usually something to do with public.xml....

You pretty much have to decompile the stock one, also apk tool 1.3.1 (link in Frankish's Guide) and not 1.3.2 is the one that works. It seems there's a flaw in the latest version that hasn't been fixed so building system apps nearly always fails.

Guest jasonXXx

Still getting loads of errors when trying to comile can any one decompile the stock de_crossed r0.2 framework-res.apk and add this modified arrays.xml and then upload for me. I have changed the valus to the same as the TFT Stock orange rom as these seem more bright thanks in advance.

I have attached my modified xml and the de_crossed r0.2 framework.

Edit 1

Figured now.

arrays.zip

framework_res.zip

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest jasonXXx

Is there any news on how to get market to sign in via wifi? I have asked paul how he did it but had no replay.

Edit 1

Also the backlight on the buttons is still not fixed correctly some times the lights come on some times thay dont can this be fixed?

Edit 2

Figuerd it with the buttons. Would still like to know how to sign in with wifi.

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest Kthulhu
......Regarding battery usage, de-crossed is the one that better works for me.

Not for me :D

Next time you are "sick" please try de-soft and see how its behave!

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest oh!dougal
I just cant get maps to find my location......ive cleared the cache etc but no joy anyone else suffer the same with this?

You can make things easier for GPS by turning on wifi, and the Setting to use networks for positioning.

For the first fix (after clearing data, like when installing a new rom), help is good. After it knows roughly where it might be, it can fix with GPS much more easily/quickly.

My suspicion is that the original 'cross' (X880) rom might be lacking A-GPS (since recent trade show photos indicate it as being an option rather than standard for all wholesale buyers).

My GPS is working really rather splendidly.

I'm using Wbaw's fix, but edited as discussed in that mod's thread. http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-roms-gps-fix/

I've only very occasionally made very brief trips to Lower Barden Reservoir, near Skipton, Yorkshire... which seems to be avoided totally by using wifi at least initially.

Guest julakali

I flashed this because i started to get GPS Problems (1h no fix) with eclair (also 404 rom).

Tried to use this rom today - after 8 hours almost not-using i got 30% battery, the phone was warm most of the time (so i guess its not a calibration thing).

Flashed another 2.2 now so I'm not going to investigate this any further.

But Sebastians 404 de-orangenated had fascinating battery life.. maybe i will return to 2.1 because of this :D

PS: GPS worked. REALLY fast fixes (the first time like 3 seconds)

Edited by julakali

Not for me :D

Next time you are "sick" please try de-soft and see how its behave!

Will do. :D

But from those I mentioned, de-crossed is the one which gets a better battery life for me.

BTW, is Seb M.I.A or something? :)

Will do. :D

But from those I mentioned, de-crossed is the one which gets a better battery life for me.

BTW, is Seb M.I.A or something? :D

He's in Barcelona at MWC chatting up a pretty ZTE sales rep trying to get his hands on (her) and more importantly a pre release engineering build of the ZTE Skate!

He's in Barcelona at MWC chatting up a pretty ZTE sales rep trying to get his hands on (her) and more importantly a pre release engineering build of the ZTE Skate!

Haha, brilliant. :D

Thanks!

Guest Rotmann
I flashed this because i started to get GPS Problems (1h no fix) with eclair (also 404 rom).

Tried to use this rom today - after 8 hours almost not-using i got 30% battery, the phone was warm most of the time (so i guess its not a calibration thing).

Flashed another 2.2 now so I'm not going to investigate this any further.

But Sebastians 404 de-orangenated had fascinating battery life.. maybe i will return to 2.1 because of this :D

PS: GPS worked. REALLY fast fixes (the first time like 3 seconds)

Had this sometimes too, changed to FLB Froyo, problem over.

Guest jasonXXx
Is there any news on how to get market to sign in via wifi? I have asked paul how he did it but had no replay.

Edit 1

Also the backlight on the buttons is still not fixed correctly some times the lights come on some times thay dont can this be fixed?

Edit 2

Figuerd it with the buttons. Would still like to know how to sign in with wifi.

Bump

Guest barisxen

Dear Friends,

I am new at all these android things...I did pass the rom to my cell phone but i have problems connecting with the android market...is there any solution

or i have done sth wrong?!