[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

yes i think i did...where was my mistake? :/

Usually when people have problems with the market, it's because they didn't login with 3G the first time.

Do you have you google account set up under Settings - Accounts & Sync?

What is the exact problem with Market? Doesn't stop loading? An error?

Edited by manji

Guest barisxen

maybe i stopped the 3g in the first time..i was scared of the wap charges u know...

all the rest i do is completely right because i check the google id and pass thhrough my pc...

i think i stopped the process in the beggining...i have to connect to the market through 3g?for the 1st time?

Yes. :D

All Android ROMs do that. Dunno why Google wants people to login OTA (over the air)

Paul's ROM (Modaco ROM) has a workaround so you can login using Wi-fi.

EDIT:

Which error is it?

Edited by manji

Guest damjan006

I haven't had any problems concerning battery live with this ROM, the only problem is using the market with WiFi ( I can't connect try 3g because i have no INTERNET data plan ). I've noticed that multi-touch zooming in and out works best with this ROM using the android browser ( is the Java script better optimized or what ?? And can we use this browser along with the Java script optimizations ( if thats the case ) with other ROM's lets say FLB's ?? And last sorry if this questions sound a little noobish )

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jonny Murray

Hi i have just installed this on my san francisco , i had JJ9 before but wanted to try and see if i could get better battery life with this one .

One issue i have found is that when using internet data connection on my giffgaff sim i only get a 3G icon at the top of the screen wheras with all the other roms ive tried i either got a 'H' for Hsdpa or on one i got a 3G+ for the faster connection. Is this a problem with mine or is it common.

I searched through the topic and couldnt find any mention of it.

cheers

Guest manji

I think that is just because the H icon isn't "activated".

I'm using this ROM and have absolutely no problem. Try using some sort of speedtest to determine actual speed.

Guest oh!dougal
... i only get a 3G icon at the top of the screen wheras with all the other roms ive tried i either got a 'H' for Hsdpa or on one i got a 3G+ for the faster connection. Is this a problem with mine or is it common.

Running DX2 now for a while.

Frequently (but sadly not always) get an 'H'. (T-Mobile UK)

Its been very nice and boring.

Had to reboot once when things went rather strange. Vlingo instantly failed to recognise speech and Maps placed me in Yorkshire instead of just off the M25. Rebooted and back to sweet rationality.

Guest Jonny Murray

I'm using this ROM and have absolutely no problem. Try using some sort of speedtest to determine actual speed.

Weird cos i nearly always got the H icon on jellyfish rls9 and speeds were quick and i have never seen it on this rom, shame i didnt write down speeds i got from last one to compare with this one, ive seen speed test app on the market , ll download that and see juts what im getting

cheers

Guest Jonny Murray

Just an update i downloaded speedtest.net app and ran it and it said 742kbps download and 245kbps upload and ping of 242ms. Am i right in saying thats HSDPA speeds anyway ?

Weird how it doesnt show the H though

Guest Jonny Murray
Running DX2 now for a while.

Frequently (but sadly not always) get an 'H'. (T-Mobile UK)

Its been very nice and boring.

Had to reboot once when things went rather strange. Vlingo instantly failed to recognise speech and Maps placed me in Yorkshire instead of just off the M25. Rebooted and back to sweet rationality.

Looked back through posts and be gentle cos im still learning but what does DX2 mean :( sorry if thats stupid question but like a said i joined these forums to gain knowledge

Guest womble_sanfran
Looked back through posts and be gentle cos im still learning but what does DX2 mean :( sorry if thats stupid question but like a said i joined these forums to gain knowledge

Presumably DX2= De-Crossed r0.2

Guest oh!dougal
Looked back through posts and be gentle cos im still learning but what does DX2 mean :(

Sorry, thought my shorthand was self-explanatory.

Yes, this rom.

Its based on the rom from the X880 version of the Blade family.

Sebastian404 called it de-crossed (de-X'ed - geddit?) ...

I haven't spotted anyone referring to 'Cheque' (or to the first version as 'Bun') ...

Guest manji

I've been using this ROM as my daily and quite like it.

Do any of you guys know how to update google/system apps? I reckon it is not enough to add/replace in the rom zip?

Guest Jonny Murray
Sorry, thought my shorthand was self-explanatory.

Yes, this rom.

Its based on the rom from the X880 version of the Blade family.

Sebastian404 called it de-crossed (de-X'ed - geddit?) ...

I haven't spotted anyone referring to 'Cheque' (or to the first version as 'Bun') ...

cheers makes sense when you stop and think for a while, cheers for the info

• 2 months later...
Guest protocold
Yes. :D

All Android ROMs do that. Dunno why Google wants people to login OTA (over the air)

Paul's ROM (Modaco ROM) has a workaround so you can login using Wi-fi.

EDIT:

Which error is it?

Can anyone point to a fix? I need get this up without 3G data plan, so I am currently stuck with only WIFI.

Please help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chealsearock
Can anyone point to a fix? I need get this up without 3G data plan, so I am currently stuck with only WIFI.

Please help.

you could skip the installation and then set up wifi, go to the market and login to the account, or you could remove your sim before you booot.