[ROM] 26/Jan r0.2: de-crossed (cheque) ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [froyo] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Len Ash
And how do you rate battery usage?

No problems here... and I've set syncs to frequent for various news, weather, social networks etc. for hammer...

And WiFi reconnects even when leaving the AP "zone" and returning.

Seems awesome! I was trying to remember other problems people had with the other Firmwares...

So I guess one other thing that could complement this "stock package" would be a Gingerbread visual update! I guess jt_mcg was working on it. ;)

Guest Lassito

So far I am very satisfied with the battery consumption. In any case better than with Jelly Fish RSL9. Had already worked 2 hours on the phone and am currently at 60%. So far, I noticed nothing bad about the ROM. Oh, and Bluetooth was turned on I also continuous. Wifi I have not tried yet! So far, the best ROM I had installed. Wait, we have tested a few days until I do everything and then I sign up again.

Guest edge123

As for DNS over WiFi problem... the reason was the USB connection...

When I flashed ZTE while it was connected to USB -- DNS not worked on any ROM (include JJ).

But after I disconntect ZTE from USB, and reflashed(!) ROM again, and reboot -- everything work fine.

Guest Chris_M
That isn't the point of this ROM though. I suspect the majority of users want a working phone as a base, rather than a pseudo-Nintendo. KK and his developments are a different branch to this. So any tweaks would surely be done under KKs wing well away from this development.

What this gives us is a solid and unmolested base to build on to suit our *phones*. And it does that rather well so far.

It depends what you mean by an unmolested base. Do you mean stock Android? Or stock ZTE customisations? Or stock operator customisations?

I'd argue that an 'unmolested base' should have the default Android dialer, with working contact joining and Facebook Sync. Whereas this has the ZTE smart dialer, with no FB Sync.

But hey - it's Seb's ROM, so he's perfectly entitled to configure it exactly how he wants. Personally I'm loving it so far - smooth and stable, with excellent battery life. Thanks Seb!

Edited by Chris_M

Guest ovolactohippo

Anyone else not able to get suggestions / autocomplete on the android keyboard? The options are there and ticked but don't do anything for me.

Guest Chris_M
Anyone else not able to get suggestions / autocomplete on the android keyboard? The options are there and ticked but don't do anything for me.

Yes, I find the same thing...

Guest oh!dougal
2.6.32.9-perf

Unnfortunately, that's not quite the whole story!

@Seb: If this Kernel is compiled from ZTE source with only the Minimum Necessary Change (*) to compile and run ... then perhaps it would be a good candidate for github seeding?

* Asimov reference ...

Guest ManMetDeHamer

so i flashed this rom today, looks good this far.

only one little problem my superuser isnt working.. i tried deleting the files from taskmanger like said a few posts back but dint do anything either.

Titanium backup for example just freezes on asking for root rights.

i also tried running universal androot again but that dint fix either.

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest Chris_M

Another minor bug I'm seeing - my screen doesn't automatically go to sleep, even if I choose different values in "Settings / Display / Screen Timeout".

Anyone else seeing this, or is it a problem with my setup?

Guest Lassito

For me, the display time out works perfectly. Could not see that there are mistakes here.

I really could find no material errors in the Rom. All the apps I work profitable without problems.

Edited by Lassito

Guest Len Ash
Another minor bug I'm seeing - my screen doesn't automatically go to sleep, even if I choose different values in "Settings / Display / Screen Timeout".

Have you checked Applications>Development>?

Mine certainly works...

Edited by Len Ash

Seems awesome! I was trying to remember other problems people had with the other Firmwares...

So I guess one other thing that could complement this "stock package" would be a Gingerbread visual update! I guess jt_mcg was working on it. ;)

It's there and it works, except it's not signed and it needs to be reflashed when a restore fails. I tried signing it last night before bed, and I must have messed something up! I flashed fine and worked but still failed on restoring from backup, although it was closer. It didn't boot loop and made it to the lock screen, but I got fc's when I unlocked it so I'm doing it wrong!

It's my first attempt and I'm pressed for time so hopefully I'll have that figured out and fixed later this afternoon with a couple more to follow possibly tomorrow.

Guest mELIANTE
And how do you rate battery usage?

Pretty good. For an example, durinng the night, my phone lost 0 battery. I never had this happen, I leave the phone in 3G and with data ON through the night and it always would lose something, but tonight, the first night with de-crossed, it remained on 42% of battery. I am really baffled by this ;)

Guest Len Ash
Pretty good. For an example, durinng the night, my phone lost 0 battery. I never had this happen, I leave the phone in 3G and with data ON through the night and it always would lose something, but tonight, the first night with de-crossed, it remained on 42% of battery. I am really baffled by this ;)

So - no sync with anything then? You would expect some battery usage when in sleep over a period of time if syncing anything like contacts/FB/Twitter/News/Email etc.

Otherwise, you would expect 1 or 2% over a few hours of "natural" consumption due to the fact that the CPU is in a low clock state.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I find this ROM frugal when deliberately heavily syncing/updating during sleep and therefore partial wakening via 2G activity.

Having said that, MCR r11 and JJ9 are not a mile different under the same or similar conditions. I just need more than 1 testbed phone to run a live head-to-head!!

Guest mELIANTE
So - no sync with anything then? You would expect some battery usage when in sleep over a period of time if syncing anything like contacts/FB/Twitter/News/Email etc.

Otherwise, you would expect 1 or 2% over a few hours of "natural" consumption due to the fact that the CPU is in a low clock state.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I find this ROM frugal when deliberately heavily syncing/updating during sleep and therefore partial wakening via 2G activity.

Having said that, MCR r11 and JJ9 are not a mile different under the same or similar conditions. I just need more than 1 testbed phone to run a live head-to-head!!

No sync though. I previously had JJ9 and it managed to lose about 10% over night in the same conditions but, as I said before, it might have been only my phone.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Chris_M

I've just rebooted, and it seems to be working now. Strange...

Guest Lassito

With Jellyfish RSL9 I have consumed vast amounts of battery while the Bluetooth. I have the Live View from SE but now makes me worry more because the battery lasts much longer. I'm really excited.

Guest karololszak

On JJ9, the WiFi drains battery really quickly! After 24hrs with WiFi off, my battery was at approx 90% (I was amazed by that ;) though I didn't use my phone much then...), then, (next day), after turning wifi on, browsing through apps, facebook & twitter, and playing games (hw_ui + ahb_oc + blue gingerbread mod + blue keyboard + custom build.prop with 62 vm size + SetCPU "performance" @ 710 MHz), it went down really quickly to like 60% after 2hrs, and now it's about 9% (after 52 hours or so...)

It's almost the same as it was on the 2.1 stock though ;) But I thought new ROM could make battery life longer...