01/Feb r2 refresh - MoDaCo Custom Kernel for the Advent Vega

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bakedecake
Should work on 1.06.5 too I think? Not sure tho.

P

It does work, I am using it.

I couldn't figure out how to update to 1.08 with CWM installed so I just flashed it over 1.06.5.

Quadrant score was just over 2000.

Edited by bakedecake

Guest trevor432990
It does work, I am using it.

I couldn't figure out how to update to 1.08 with CWM installed so I just flashed it over 1.06.5.

Quadrant score was just over 2000.

Is yours v1.06.5 with or without Performance Pack Baked?

Ta! ;)

Edited by trevor432990

Guest bakedecake
Is yours v1.06.5 with or without Performance Pack Baked?

With performance pack

Quadrant just gave 1782!

edit: just got 2342, must have been still waking up with the earlier benchmark.

edit: just got 2448 after installing 1.08, r6 without performance pack & mck r2

Edited by bakedecake

Guest HunteronX

Thanks Paul - trying out Cifs Manager now! ;)

EDIT: I had to create the mounted folders manually, but then everything worked perfectly! Again, thank you very much!

Edited by HunteronX

Guest alphaola

First pic - Webmachines 1.07.5 + MCR6 + pp

post-793638-1296238485_thumb.png

Second pic - webmachines 1.075 + mcr6 + pp +mck

post-793638-1296238569_thumb.png

third pic - webmachines 1.075 + mcr6 + pp +mck

post-793638-1296238648_thumb.png

second run of quadrant.

Guest Adam Bennett

MCK R2 works fine on my Vega running 1.06.5 + MCR (with Performance Pack).

Flashed using MonkeyBoy451's instructions (thanks!).

Quadrant score of 2208.

CIFS support + cifsmanger + RockPlayer takes the Vega to a whole new level of awesome!!

Thanks Paul!!

Edited by Adam Bennett

Guest software

Tun support in the kernel is also awsome. I have been waiting for this the most. But. Openvpn is not working on r6 I think there is something funky with the ifconfig/busybox settings or version. Its not the kernel because itf logs in and sets up the tunnel correctly its just not setting the ip on the interface .

Guest zzleezz
MCK R2 works fine on my Vega running 1.06.5 + MCR (with Performance Pack).

Flashed using MonkeyBoy451's instructions (thanks!).

Quadrant score of 2208.

CIFS support + cifsmanger + RockPlayer takes the Vega to a whole new level of awesome!!

Thanks Paul!!

Loving CIFS + Rockplayer too!! Whole new level.

Request for NTFS support for USB drives, that achievable?

Guest Dan Holliday

This is fantastic, thankyou paul, been waiting for CIFS and TUN from the day I purchased my vega.

I'm sure you have loads of ideas, but if I may suggest some of my own (Althought really they may be bugs with the original code)

Playing DIVx using hardware gives no sound if encoded with acc, a52 or 5.1 sound. Maybe there is a way that the video can be hardware decoded and the sound software decoded.

Unfortunatly at the moment you can only do software decoding for both and it really drops the quality of the video.

m.tvcatchup.com allows you to stream live tv in the uk. Works on all my other android devices but on the vega it keeps stopping after 1 second.

I understand if this are beyond what your willing to do, but thought I would mention them incase you know a little trick.

If I get a chance I will also look into it and pass on my updates.

Again, thanks for all your time, you made the Vega a product worth having.

Guest shadow wave
No - not with clockwork.

I just copied the 2 files into my android-sdk/tools folder that contains the adb.exe and ran the following from a cmd prompt:

adb push boot.img /data/local/

adb push flash_image /data/local/

adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/flash_image

adb shell /data/local/flash_image boot /data/local/boot.img

Edit:

I should also say that my Vega is updated with the 1.0.8 firmware and running r6 MCR (without Performance Pack)

Thanks for this guide, it seems to have worked fine.

Guest warriorscot

Not bad at all, Just tried it out with 1.08 and the r6 with and without PP. Quadrant score with PP of 2366 so its pretty good. Only problem is that the small bar doesn't work on the r6(tried three different bake including the previously working copy of r6 w/ PP). I can live without it but it's a pain.

PS Did a clean wipe and got small bar working. Seems to be a common problem that I had earlier where small bar will only install on a clean system.

Edited by warriorscot

Can anyone give me some tips on cifsmanger the Kernel been sent down fine!

How would I get USB key support now though?

Edited by remlap

Guest zzleezz
Potentially, really necessary tho? ;)

P

Its something that has been batted around as a handy feature for a while so while probably not necessary it would be handy to a fair few. Think that while fat32 formatted usb hard drives have been reported working people have only been able to make a 30gig (ish) partition visible. Was hoping that NTFS support would sort out these problems.

Saying all that now I have CIFS working the need at home for USB attached storage is a lot less ;) Still useful on the road tho.

Potentially, really necessary tho? ;)

P

Probably not, BUT, you can't have files over 2gb in size on FAT32 and that is easily hit with a 720p movie file, EXT+ would work, but not in Windows, so NTFS would be nice for that, but it's a pretty limited reason tbh! ;)

Guest mipper100

No doubt a stupid newbiw question but my kernel is now 2.6.32.9_MCK_r2 means i have updated correctly ? im just asking as I had a memory issue when loading the image ? Thanks James ;)

Edited by mipper100

Hi Guys,

Sorry another newbie to the Vega here. I just got mine a few hours ago.

I've already flashed with the new 1.08 image and just installed the mod from carl rose here.

I was just wondering a few things.

Firstly, looking at MonkeyBoy's instructions in this topic, I have the files copied to my SD card currently, but where do I find the folder "android-sdk" if it's not there, do i just create a new folder in the root dir?

Secondly, how can i run from a command prompt? Do I need to download a cmd interface from the market or is it hidden away somewhere?

Lastly, I'm going to try updating with this Kernel and also Paul's custom rom but I'm interested to see performance increases etc. Can someone advise where i can get the program that everyone seems to use to measure quadrant scores?

Thanks guys, loving the Vega so far!

;)

Guest zzleezz
Hi Guys,

Sorry another newbie to the Vega here. I just got mine a few hours ago.

I've already flashed with the new 1.08 image and just installed the mod from carl rose here.

I was just wondering a few things.

Firstly, looking at MonkeyBoy's instructions in this topic, I have the files copied to my SD card currently, but where do I find the folder "android-sdk" if it's not there, do i just create a new folder in the root dir?

Secondly, how can i run from a command prompt? Do I need to download a cmd interface from the market or is it hidden away somewhere?

Lastly, I'm going to try updating with this Kernel and also Paul's custom rom but I'm interested to see performance increases etc. Can someone advise where i can get the program that everyone seems to use to measure quadrant scores?

Thanks guys, loving the Vega so far!

:D

Ohboy! You have some reading to do mate ;)

Made a good start tho, you are on the right track but got a little lost towards the end. ADB is run from your windows/mac/linux computer with the vega connected with a USB lead. Now you know that I am sure you can figure out the rest (hint, ADB is part of the android SDK (Software Dev Kit)).

The files you downloaded need to be on your computer so they can be "pushed" to the vega.

And to get a quadrant score install "quadrant" from the android market ;)

Have fun!

Guest gdwhitehouse
Noticed something worrying there are more little screen errors like little lines when screen is in use.

Are you on 1.08?

I noticed more of that when I was on 1.08.

G

Guest dimondigital
Noticed something worrying there are more little screen errors like little lines when screen is in use.

Yes, I've noticed this too, a little bit annoying

P.S. I'm on 1.06 with Modaco PP + some custom packs + r2 MCK

Edited by dimondigital