San Francisco Root Flash

Guest 24may1956

Guest 24may1956

Hi Wonder if anyone can help, Im trying to gain root rights via superuser as per pauls instructions copied in micro mart last week.

Im running XP S3. I have access to some files on the San Francisco when the phone is in normal mode, however when after following the instructions to "turn the phone on with volume up Held" (I get the static green android) the phone becomes invisable to my PC, it askes for a Android USB driver, I have already downloaded and installed the driver from the ZTE website for the ZTE blade, this seems to have no effect, Anyone suggest anything........!

;)

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Are you just trying to gain root access? (eg, allow apps perform actions that require special permissions, eg, certian screenshot apps, task managers, wireless bug fix apps etc)

Or are you trying to update your phone to a newer rom, eg the Modaco Custom Froyo rls7 or are you trying to update the phones theme or boot animation?

I am assuming you are trying to do the second, in which case you need to Root your phone using Universal androot, which is available on the market, install busybox (with busybox installer, also available on the market) and install clockworkmod recovery

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ling-clockwork/

I hope this helps

;)

Edited by Mushroom_Lord