Offtopic question!

Guest whatkatedoes

Guest Lennyuk
As a stop-gap between now & contract end when you can opt for a Desire / LG Optimus X2 / other, I'd recommend the HTC Wildfire. decent phone available in Argos for £149.99 - not as powerful as some others but a very nice phone.

£50 pound more than a san fran and with a smaller/worse screen.

Guest 2old2mould

WKD, did you get your SF? I've been playing with one for a while and they are very good for modding. Paul's ROM is so far the best I've tried (surprise surprise!). As a bonus the neoprene case that came with my N1 fits it perfectly! 2o2m.

If you didnt get one and money became no object then the Desire Z (you mentioned the keyboard) is really nice! Great screen and sooooo quick.

Guest whatkatedoes

Well I went to the Orange shop and they had the white and the grey one for £99, but "required" purchase of a £20 topup... but I had a crisis of doubt as I thought I should just put up with my bricklike n900 until november and then get a slick phone that more closely meets my requirements...

But I came to my senses when I got home and ordered a white one (couldnt help it, I think they look fab!) for £89+£10topup-Quidco ;)

Guest bennji_boy
Well I went to the Orange shop and they had the white and the grey one for £99, but "required" purchase of a £20 topup... but I had a crisis of doubt as I thought I should just put up with my bricklike n900 until november and then get a slick phone that more closely meets my requirements...

But I came to my senses when I got home and ordered a white one (couldnt help it, I think they look fab!) for £89+£10topup-Quidco ;)

Can you use the San Francisco on other networks?

Guest English Haze

Easy wasn't it?

Now ditch the Orange SIM and get one from GiffGaff. Use my sig. link and we both get a fiver credit ;)

Edited by English Haze

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rferrett

Wow, those Giff Gaff prices are amazing. How on earth do they make any money?

Blimey, looks like a good option when my contract is up. If they are still in business then.

Guest Tainlorn

Have just decided to get a San Francisco as well. Now ive used my Vega for a few weeks and my brother has just got a Desire HD its really the end of WinMo for me, much as i love (or should i say loved) my Touch Pro 2. Android really is another level in comparison! Once my contract is up in 6 months, i'll probably upgrade to a Desire HD, or maybe the Incredible S that HTC just announced.

Amazon are going them for £99 inc £10 top up and inc delivery. Plus i have some Nectar points so i can get another £20 off, then ebay the TP2 :D