[THEMES] Themes for Sebastian's de-crossed r0.2

Guest jt_mcg

With Frankish's assistance, I've ported some (hopefully all eventually) of his themes to Sebastian's de-crossed r0.2 firmware. All credit goes to Frankish, his previous work, guide, and updater.zip and the creators of the original themes that have been ported to the Blade & Sebastian for creating a nice firmware.

Some of these themes I've never used before so they may not be perfect, but it's a start.

The themes are framework-res and services.jar modifications changing some icons, images, status bar & clock colours, and text colours etc. The framework-res.apk has been signed to match the firmware so there should be no issues when restoring a nandroid backup.

The themes have been tested on clockwork 2.5.1.8 and 3.0.0.5, if you use an older version of clockwork you'll need to upgrade to avail of these themes.

For users of Amon Ra Recovery, Download the Stock Theme Here that works with Ra, also download the theme you want below and use 7zip etc to copy the framework-res.apk and services.jar from the theme you want into a Copy You Make of the Stock Theme zip. Then you have a stock theme and the one you've created with the themed files. You most likely need to toggle signature verification when flashing either the stock theme or the theme with the copied files.

Please backup before applying and use at your own risk. The stock theme is available here

Hopefully I'll find some time later to port some more if your favourite isn't here yet, but I'm not committing to any timeframe!!

Enjoy and Practice Safe Flashing!!

Slightly Modified Gingerbread

This is based on the gingerbread theme, but the clock and ticker text has been changed from white to the grey colour matching the icons. The notification dropdown is also done in a darker colour than stock.

post-780581-1296490255_thumb.png

Download Here

With Transparent Notifications & Grey ClockHere

With Transparent Notifications & White Clock Here

Elegant Steel

This theme is true to Frankish's version with a transparent notification area etc.

post-780581-1296490465_thumb.pngpost-780581-1296490480_thumb.png

Download Elegant Steel

Desire Sense

post-780581-1296490721_thumb.pngpost-780581-1296490740_thumb.png

Download Desire Sense

Revo

post-780581-1296524091_thumb.pngpost-780581-1296524113_thumb.png

Download Revo

Desire Slate

post-780581-1296567333_thumb.pngpost-780581-1296567351_thumb.png

Download Desire Slate

Galaxy S

post-780581-1296570670_thumb.pngpost-780581-1296570688_thumb.png

Download Galaxy S

GenX

post-780581-1296577447_thumb.pngpost-780581-1296577462_thumb.png

Download GenX Updated 5/2/2011 to make Clear button text more legible.

Blue GB

post-780581-1296573997_thumb.pngpost-780581-1296574014_thumb.png

Download Blue GB

Edited by jt_mcg

Awsome!

I'll surely use the Gingerbread one.

Any issues with that one that one that you might have found? ;)

Thank you!!

None I've found anyway, That one was posted in Seb's thread earlier and has been downloaded 60 something times and there's no one complaining so far.

Great work mate. ;)

I've tinkered with my own before, but all credit goes to you for the guide and extra help to be able to post these up here!!

Thanks again Frankish and keep up the good work!

Guest That-Guy
Awsome!

I'll surely use the Gingerbread one.

Any issues with that one that one that you might have found? ;)

Thank you!!

I use that Gingerbread theme but the JJfish version and it works great!

Very nice, was really looking forward to the Elegant Steel theme.

CBM anyone?

Glad I did that one near the beginning for you! Hope you enjoy.

Now updated with Revo.

Desire Slate coming tomorrow for sure and possibly more depending on how bad I fail at battery mods!

Guest Bluedriver
Glad I did that one near the beginning for you! Hope you enjoy.

Now updated with Revo.

Desire Slate coming tomorrow for sure and possibly more depending on how bad I fail at battery mods!

Hi

since yesterday I've been trying to install these themes, and always without success, so I decided to try one of the themes for the Jelly, and it works fine without any problems, but with the themes for this rom nothing happens ;)

the installation process in "recovery" runs without problems with no errors and no strange messages, but when I reboot everything remains the same ;)

strange...happened to more of you guys?

Hi

since yesterday I've been trying to install these themes, and always without success, so I decided to try one of the themes for the Jelly, and it works fine without any problems, but with the themes for this rom nothing happens ;)

the installation process in "recovery" runs without problems with no errors and no strange messages, but when I reboot everything remains the same ;)

strange...happened to more of you guys?

What recovery are you using? That does seem quite strange and I'm not sure what the problem would be at the moment.

Which one in particular have you tried, maybe I uploaded the stock one twice by mistake....

Edited by jt_mcg

Could you do the blue gingerbread? Thanks.

Yeah, I'm testing Galaxy S now and then unfortunately have some real responsibilities to take care of this afternoon, but if I get a chance I'll do it this evening.

Could you try one in the meantime and see if it installs!

Op Updated Galaxy S and Blue Gingerbread available

Gen X available now too.

Other mods, circle battery, and tweaks coming later in the week hopefully.

I haven't used most of these themes previously to making them and installing them for this, so if there's any text colour issues I may have missed let me know and I'll see what I can do to remedy them.

Edited by jt_mcg

Guest Frankish

Looks like you have been busy mate great work. If you are using my new .zip files as a base i used a newer update script that will not work on amon ra recoveries for some reason.

It works on newest clockworks though.

Looks like you have been busy mate great work. If you are using my new .zip files as a base i used a newer update script that will not work on amon ra recoveries for some reason.

It works on newest clockworks though.

Yeah, I got stuck in!

I did use your newest scripts and I saw that Amon Ra isn't working that's why I put clockwork 2.5.1.8 and 3.x.x.x in the op.

I suppose some people don't bother reading that though.;)

I haven't used Ra recovery myself and don't know much about how it works. Maybe we can get Sebastian to help us get it to work.

I know f'all about the update/updater scripts to this point, so I just left yours intact and let "Frankish Magic" do it's work!

Thanks again for all your help and guides!

Guest Frankish

In one of my threads i uploaded an old style update-script, so if people want to use that they can delete updater-script and update-binary from the zip and just add update-script. Then it works on Amon Ra and pre-3.x.x.x clockworks. TBH the old amend scripting Google got rid of in android 1.5 or something like that but we stuck to using it.

Everyone needs to move to the newer one.

Here we go, an update-script that works on Amon Ra.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0h80rtmzy2mwyb3

I'm not sure why Amon Ra appears to read the script fine but not follow through on the actual actions. Clockwork is the superior recovery now and even looks better now i dig the orange.

Many Thanks! I'll get those changes for people in the op.

I dig the orange in 3.0.0.5 too....hmmm Maybe an Orange GB forthcoming.

Guest Frankish
Many Thanks! I'll get those changes for people in the op.

I dig the orange in 3.0.0.5 too....hmmm Maybe an Orange GB forthcoming.

I was considering doing that too what with half the images already being orange. It would be cool to do the other bits too. Battery and whatnot.

I was considering doing that too what with half the images already being orange. It would be cool to do the other bits too. Battery and whatnot.

It would be kind of nice, I'll recolour the icons etc but I've only been truly successful about half the time when I try to do .9s. You want to collaborate?

Guest Frankish

Maybe yeah. I don't get the problem with the .9's? My main problem is the 8 bit .pngs. I hate having to go through converting them all to 32bit just so photoshop doesn't destroy the transparency in them. That's before i even recolour!

Guest Frankish

I've just finished piecing a theme together. It's a minimal theme i put together form two different minimal themes. I wanted one with no colour so i could use any wallpaper etc. ;)

b729ee51aea60727fb5f3085681298dfa1da4375c6065b4afc88dd0cc839c0e46g.jpg

EDIT:

Hmm looking at it on my phone i'm not sure i like the grey sort of colour bars i think i may make it flat black like gingerbread statusbar etc. But with these icons.

Edited by Frankish

I've just finished piecing a theme together. It's a minimal theme i put together form two different minimal themes. I wanted one with no colour so i could use any wallpaper etc. ;)

That's Nice Work! I think you're right about the status bar especially with the dock you have and it will look better with the volume context menu too imo. I think that's along the lines of what I'll do for myself and post it up if it turns out nicely. I just need to find the right icon set and other things for usb connected etc.

I think I know what I've been doing wrong with .9s (and I'm too embarrassed to say!!) but I haven't had a chance to see if it was as nooby of a mistake as I think it was.

Edited by jt_mcg