Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications

Guest twrock

Guest twrock
Would it be possible for you to build the cyanogenmod camera app with this fix? In my opinion the tweaks in this app are really good and you can deactivate the annoying focus sound ;-)

Version 0.3.3 (available shortly) has anegin's camera app fix. But you can just download his fix and flash it yourself without installing a whole new rom.

Guest romanmosko
I did build a Chinese Android boot animation. I'll look for it and post it later. But I won't put it in the rom. I'm worried there is not enough space.

The 0.3.3 version will be ready shortly. But I will warn you, I don't intend to keep updating this rom forever! I hope people will move on to another rom.

I understand. Thank you for your work. But worthy to enter versions yet.

Guest rulerofkaos
Version 0.3.3 (available shortly) has anegin's camera app fix. But you can just download his fix and flash it yourself without installing a whole new rom.

I already got it, but it is the AOSP camera app, isnt't it?

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest twrock

Warning: I have not even tested this rom myself. I don't have time at the moment, because I must leave my phone on this evening. You are on your own with the beta testing.

New beta uploaded. Unless there is some unforeseen errors, this will be the next version of this rom.

Download links:

rom f0.3.3

gapps f0.3.3

Please let me know if there are any problems with this rom. See the first post for installation instructions.

Changelog:

ROM:

Added anegin's Camera fix to /system

Minor fix in build.prop

GAPPS:

Updated Gmail /system

Updated Market /system

Updated Twitter /data

Updated AndExplorer in /data

Updated Google Maps /data

Updated RomManager /data

Installed A2SD gui /data

Installed Set MAC Address /data

Installed CpuNotify /data

Edited by twrock

Guest UTOPY
Warning: I have not even tested this rom myself. I don't have time at the moment, because I must leave my phone on this evening. You are on your own with the beta testing.

New beta uploaded. Unless there is some unforeseen errors, this will be the next version of this rom.

Download links:

rom f0.3.3 (I'm concerned that this upload might have an error in the file; it did not complete as normal; please inform if there is a file error.)

gapps f0.3.3

Please let me know if there are any problems with this rom. See the first post for installation instructions.

Changelog:

ROM:

Minor fix in build.prop

GAPPS:

Updated Gmail /system

Updated Market /system

Updated Twitter /data

Updated RomManager /data

Installed A2SD gui /data

Merci TWROCK,

Download ok, install ok, I test, but there is no reason that this does not work well.

Guest twrock
Yes, I try this ROM, but I don't like it. Your ROM is most better for me.

And one moment. Can you make bootanimation as in Chinease? (initial anroid logo)

You're awesome, twrock! :D

Ah, I think I misunderstood you before.

You can get rid of the Cyanogenmod bootanimation very easily. Two ways:

1. After installing the rom, use some type of root file manager (RootExplorer is one) to delete the bootanimation file: /system/media/bootanimation.zip

2. Before installing the rom, open the rom zip file. Delete the /system/media/bootanimation.zip file. Re-zip the rom. Install.

Either way, it should work.

I agree. I prefer the simple Android boot animation.

Guest romanmosko
1. After installing the rom, use some type of root file manager (RootExplorer is one) to delete the bootanimation file: /system/media/bootanimation.zip

It work! Awesome! Thanks!

Guest UTOPY

Download links:

rom f0.3.3

gapps f0.3.3

Changelog:

ROM:

Minor fix in build.prop

GAPPS:

Updated Gmail /system

Updated Market /system

Updated Twitter /data

Updated RomManager /data

Installed A2SD gui /data

Goodnight TWROCK

I have problems with screen rotation with this version. the screen is stuck in landscape mode, it returns more in portrait mode, this is done randomly. Forced to restart phone.

An idea!

Guest twrock
Goodnight TWROCK

I have problems with screen rotation with this version. the screen is stuck in landscape mode, it returns more in portrait mode, this is done randomly. Forced to restart phone.

An idea!

Hmm, nothing has changed in this latest rom that should cause that to be different than before, so I don't know why. The "catchall" answer is to suggest you wipe before installation, but this will remove all apps and data.

Three suggestions:

1. Disable 270 degrees in Settings/CM Settings/User interface

2. Disable screen rotation in ADWLauncher

3. Make sure you always hold the device in portrait mode while it is booting.

Those are the only suggestions I have heard from others on how to solve this problem. I have never had this problem, and I can't verify that any of those solutions will work to solve it. Maybe someone else knows more.

Guest UTOPY
Hmm, nothing has changed in this latest rom that should cause that to be different than before, so I don't know why. The "catchall" answer is to suggest you wipe before installation, but this will remove all apps and data.

Three suggestions:

1. Disable 270 degrees in Settings/CM Settings/User interface

2. Disable screen rotation in ADWLauncher

3. Make sure you always hold the device in portrait mode while it is booting.

Those are the only suggestions I have heard from others on how to solve this problem. I have never had this problem, and I can't verify that any of those solutions will work to solve it. Maybe someone else knows more.

Hello twrock

I'll hold your proposal 3: Make Sure You Always Hold The device in portrait mode while booting It Is.

Moreover I think the setting of the swap should be in running.

No problems this morning.

Sometimes by turning on the GPS-Fi logo starts (Curious). an idea!

Thank you

Guest twrock
Patch to Camera system app for CyanogenMod.

It allows you to:

- capture multiple photos at 3Mpx resolution without forceclose.

- record video without repeated autofocus

Built from last Froyo AOSP source + some fixes.

Download (flash from recovery): Camera_cm6_patched_anegin.zip

UPD: error in update-script fixed

anegin, I noticed that in your modified camera app, there are only two options for focus: Auto and Macro. Previously there was also Normal. I preferred this option because it was faster and worked very well in almost all circumstances (except Macro). Was there a reason for its removal? Would it be difficult to replace that?

Guest pepe24

twrock,

Is it possible to change the phone and contacts app to original from 2.1 ?

- I miss the smart dialer function in CM roms....

Thanks,

Petar

Guest twrock
twrock,

Thanks,

Petar

I'm sorry Petar. I won't be doing that. I am trying to stop my development of this rom. But, you can try to do that yourself. Modifying roms is not really that difficult. There are probably people here who know which files you need to copy over from the 2.1 rom if you start a new thread and ask.

Good luck.

Guest pessta
twrock,

Thanks,

Petar

I'm missing this apps, too. If anybody can help us, please do it! thx

Guest twrock

Download links:

rom f0.3.3

gapps f0.3.3

Changelog:

ROM:

Minor fix in build.prop

GAPPS:

Updated Gmail /system

Updated Market /system

Updated Twitter /data

Updated RomManager /data

Installed A2SD gui /data

Ok beta testers. Has anyone found any reason why I should not "release" 0.3.3 and put the links in the first post? I'm ready just as soon as I hear the feedback.

Guest UTOPY
Ok beta testers. Has anyone found any reason why I should not "release" 0.3.3 and put the links in the first post? I'm ready just as soon as I hear the feedback.

Twrock hello,

It's good for me, I tested sms, internet, video tv, video yutube, gps, games. SWAP and app2sd.

it's ok for 2 days.

Thank you for everything

Guest Casterina

Need help... basically.. i installed the your rom Twrock 0.3.3 and when i unlock the screen.. it says 'the process andrid.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.' what do i dooo?

Guest twrock
Need help... basically.. i installed the your rom Twrock 0.3.3 and when i unlock the screen.. it says 'the process andrid.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.' what do i dooo?

For the most part, you can ignore the acore warnings and just hit "wait" on the process warnings on the first boot of any new rom.

However, I don't have those problems when I install this rom. I think a lot of the reason I don't have the problem is because of the process I follow when I install a new rom. I always do a full wipe on a new install and start with a "clean" system. (At a minimum I format cache.) I am very "careful" during the first boot, and I follow a very conservative set of steps to help the rom finish setting up without my interference. I have posted a very detailed description of that process in the second post of this thread. Please refer to that. I believe it will help.

Guest todoleo

Thanks for your work!

This mod is now happily running on my trusty old T-Mobile Pulse. The temptation to get a ZTE Blade has been abated for now...

I'm using the Zeam Launcher instead of the stock one and have uninstalled Touchpal to make it slightly more responsive.

Thanks again!

Guest no_se
[...]

However, I don't have those problems when I install this rom. I think a lot of the reason I don't have the problem is because of the process I follow when I install a new rom. I always do a full wipe on a new install and start with a "clean" system. (At a minimum I format cache.)

[...]

This rom and specially the configuration for sd-card, swap,.. is pretty much exactly what I want. Thanks for the great work.

My phone rebooted (for example while browsing) several times at first, but after cleaning cache everything works stable. Maybe adding the hint on cache in the second post will help other newbies avoiding this.