Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications

Guest twrock

Guest studio68

Hi All!

I've formatted my 2GB SD but AFTER the CM Mod installation..

It's a mistake?

because the A2SD system info say my RAm is full:(

What is the problem?the solution?

Thx:)

Edited by studio68

Guest twrock
This room better than that of Antonio?

sorry for bad english

:D

No. Just different. Whatever you like and whatever works well for you is what you want to use.

Guest komruz

Hi,

Will this work for the Tmobile Pulse Mini?

I will be using your method for installation but using the files from this link who reffered to you for istallation:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...anogenmod-plus/

Please can you tell me how to format my memory card - read for istallation . I have a 4gb card.

I will also be trying the 710 flash, does this go on at the end once the main rom has been flashed on ?

Many thanks

Komi

Guest twrock
Hi,

Will this work for the Tmobile Pulse Mini?

I will be using your method for installation but using the files from this link who reffered to you for istallation:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...anogenmod-plus/

Please can you tell me how to format my memory card - read for istallation . I have a 4gb card.

I will also be trying the 710 flash, does this go on at the end once the main rom has been flashed on ?

Many thanks

Komi

Do you know if this would work fine on top of the 2.1 Venezuela update? Sorry for my english

Sorry to both of you. I know nothing about the suitability of this rom on other hardware. You can always try making a Nandroid backup first and then just test it. Or maybe someone else knows more and can help you.

Guest twrock
Hi All!

I've formatted my 2GB SD but AFTER the CM Mod installation..

It's a mistake?

because the A2SD system info say my RAm is full:(

What is the problem?the solution?

Thx:)

You question and description are confusing to me. I really don't know what this means: "A2SD system info say my RAm is full".

I'd suggest you start over with the installation from the beginning, following the instruction exactly this time.

Guest twrock

Many thanks

Komi

SD formatting: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1470531

710 flashing? Yes, any time you want to flash it after the initial rom should be fine.

Guest skaot

Hi twrock,

Thanks for your great ROM! In my opinion this is the best ROM at the moment! :D

But my pulse freezes randomly. Now thats happend the second time since ive installed the rom 2 Weeks ago.

First time the phone freezes over night, so that the alarm wasnt ringing... - App: AlarmClock

Second time, the phone were in Standby-Mode and freezes there, so that i couldn't get it on.

Everytime the phone were frozen i had to take the battery out, wait 1 minute and insert the battery again and started the phone.

I have no idea why the pulse is freezing...

After the first time, i've tried to log the phone with catlog, but after the second freeze i havent got any log-files stored on the SD-Card.

Now im trying to log the strange freezes with aLog and hope that i can poste a log-file here.

Following .zips are installed:

- CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2

- gapps-pulse-f0.3.2

- Camera_cm6_patched_anegin

- dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed

Guest twrock
Hi twrock,

Thanks for your great ROM! In my opinion this is the best ROM at the moment! :D

But my pulse freezes randomly. Now thats happend the second time since ive installed the rom 2 Weeks ago.

First time the phone freezes over night, so that the alarm wasnt ringing... - App: AlarmClock

Second time, the phone were in Standby-Mode and freezes there, so that i couldn't get it on.

Everytime the phone were frozen i had to take the battery out, wait 1 minute and insert the battery again and started the phone.

I have no idea why the pulse is freezing...

After the first time, i've tried to log the phone with catlog, but after the second freeze i havent got any log-files stored on the SD-Card.

Now im trying to log the strange freezes with aLog and hope that i can poste a log-file here.

Following .zips are installed:

- CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.2

- gapps-pulse-f0.3.2

- Camera_cm6_patched_anegin

- dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed

Your installation looks fine, although you didn't give any details, so I can't be sure. Version 0.3.2 has been downloaded over 1100 times, so I don't think it is a faulty rom issue. (You aren't using the newest version of the rom, but that should not be an issue.)

It might be a bad app. Did you install something new lately?

Maybe try clearing your cache.

Maybe try Fix Permissions in RomManager.

If all else fails, backup, full wipe, reinstall (v0.3.3).

Good luck.

Guest huawei8220
Changelog:

2011 03 17 update to version 0.3.3

ROM:

Added anegin's Camera fix to /system

Minor fix in build.prop

GAPPS:

Updated Gmail /system

Updated Market /system

Updated Twitter /data

Updated AndExplorer in /data

Updated Google Maps /data

Updated RomManager /data

Installed A2SD gui /data

Installed Set MAC Address /data

Installed CpuNotify /data

Hi TWROCK,

Great ROM - every thing nearly perfekt :D

The only exception => A2SD gui isn`t working for me.

Anyway - I installed A2SDGUI http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...emor-s-apps2sd/

form elgubbo wich is an apk-file that is working properly for me ......

.... and quite worth to take a look at it.

Is it possilbe to integrate it in your next mod?

Greetings from Germany

Frank (huawei8220)

Guest huawei8220

Hi,

I'm not really care if someone else ask this before, but:

is adobe flash-player (10.1 / 10.2) possible?

Market says "no suppoet for 8220"

If there is a way to use it - please let me know how you did it .....

Greetings from Germany

Frank

Guest coralex
Hi,

I'm not really care if someone else ask this before, but:

is adobe flash-player (10.1 / 10.2) possible?

Market says "no suppoet for 8220"

If there is a way to use it - please let me know how you did it .....

Greetings from Germany

Frank

Adobe Flash technology not supported by Huawei 8220 CPU ...

http://www.precentral.net/adobe-declares-o...ixi-not-so-much

Edited by coralex

Hi twrock,

I have tried the "new" CM61-Pulse0.40-f0.3.3 and it is fine. It is faster then the old 2.1 ROMs. Thanks for your efforts. :D

When I turn off the gps, the gps icon in notification bar doesn't disappear. The GPS is working well.

Maybe is it a bug or there is only on my device?

thanks.

gsz

Edited by gsz

When I turn off the gps, the gps icon in notification bar doesn't disappear. The GPS is working well.

It's a known bug of all CM rom for Pulse.

Guest huawei8220

Not just yours ........

It's the same to me (8220)

Frank

Guest huawei8220
Adobe Flash technology not supported by Huawei 8220 CPU ...

http://www.precentral.net/adobe-declares-o...ixi-not-so-much

Would Third-party players like GNASH work???

Or is the CPU (Qualcomm MSM7200A 528 MHz) generaly the Problem ??

Gnash
is an active project that aims to create a free player and browser plugin for the Adobe Flash file format and so provide a free alternative to the Adobe Flash Player under the GNU General Public License. Despite potential patent worries because of the proprietary nature of the files involved,[86] Gnash supports most SWF v7 features and some SWF v8 and v9.[87][88] Gnash runs on Windows, Linux and other operating systems on 32-bit, 64-bit and other architectures.

Swfdec
is another open-source flash player available for Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD. See also SWFOpener.

Lightspark
is a new implementation aiming to create a more modern and fast player. Besides hardware-accelerated rendering, it exploits multithreading and JIT compilation. It supports only the new ActionScript 3 VM introduced in Flash 9.

Scaleform GFx is a commercial alternative Flash player that features full hardware acceleration using the GPU and has high conformance with both Flash 10 ActionScript 3[89] and Flash 8 AS2. Scaleform GFx is licensed as a game middleware solution and used by many PC and console 3D games for user interfaces, HUDs, mini games, and video playback.

rtmpdump is an open source software implementation of an RTMP client, Flash's own streaming protocol. rtmpdump was removed from Sourceforge on request by Adobe.[90] As a result, flvstreamer was forked from rtmpdump, removing all cryptography (i.e. support for RTMPE and SWF verification).

Smokescreen allows playback of Flash files using javascript in the webpage.

Guest gege001

Hi. I would like to ask if i anyone has tried to install this rom on the hungarian 2.1. do i have to install the uk 2.1 first or not? otherwise thank you for this awesome rom.

Guest GregorioUY

Does anyone know how to mute the sound on the modified camera app? I usually don't use it (is one of the weak points of the Pulse), but the other day I couldn't find the option

Guest totiadrenalin
Hi. I would like to ask if i anyone has tried to install this rom on the hungarian 2.1. do i have to install the uk 2.1 first or not? otherwise thank you for this awesome rom.

The differents are only in the partitions sizes.

UK 2.1:

/system = 110 MB

/data = 85 MB

Hu 2.1:

/system = 100 MB

/data = 95 MB

All the rest partitions are same in sisze in both of the updates.

No other differetns!

Edited by totiadrenalin

UK 2.1:

/system = 110 MB

/data = 85 MB

Hu 2.1:

/system = 100 MB

/data = 95 MB

No other differetns!

Actually the HU is with system=110MB and UK with system=100... :D

Guest gege001

UK 2.1:

/system = 110 MB

/data = 85 MB

Hu 2.1:

/system = 100 MB

/data = 95 MB

No other differetns!

Thank you! I think I will install the uk 2.1 first just to be sure.

Guest gege001

I finally installed this Rom. it's fast and really thank you for it, but wifi is not working for me. it stucks at obtaining ip adress always. i changed my MAC adress too but it didn't help. does anyone have the same problem? what could be a solution?

Oh. I almost forgot. I don't have market neither. However I installed gapps. any solutions?

Edited by gege001

Guest twrock
I finally installed this Rom. it's fast and really thank you for it, but wifi is not working for me. it stucks at obtaining ip adress always. i changed my MAC adress too but it didn't help. does anyone have the same problem? what could be a solution?

Oh. I almost forgot. I don't have market neither. However I installed gapps. any solutions?

The tell-tale sign of the cause of your problem is that you don't have Market. The likely cause is that /system is overfull. The likely cause of that is an error in what or how you installed.

These point below are already in the detailed instructions in the first post, but I will remind you of them here.

1. Did you start with the OLDER UK2.1 update as your base official rom.

2. Did you wipe before installing?

3. Did you install the gapps linked to in the first post, not some other version of gapps?

4. Did you follow every step of the installation instructions precisely?

If /system is overfull, all sorts of bad things start to happen. I suggest a reinstallation, following the instructions precisely.

Edited by twrock

Guest TaiwanCHT8k

on Huawei devices, WiFi MAC should be something like 64:16:F0:xx:xx:xx

"change MAC address" app included in this ROM worked well for me