Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications

Guest twrock

Guest Boony123

had some issues with this think its the cm6 rom in gen thats making my phone play up.

1. the app draw just dissapears :S (happend alot)

2. when i rebooted the one because it was messing up it came back on in Italian language :S

dont know if anyone else is having this issues or know whats making them happen ;)

Guest M3DD3RS
Update to f0.2c of both the rom and gapps has been posted. Please let me know if you find other (unknown) problems.

Gapps won't install now

Failure at line 4

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

Installation aborted

Edit: Sorted I had to wipe all user data

Edited by M3DD3RS

You can please write a short change log after each release in the first post? That would be great.

Thanks

Did you look at the second post in this thread? ;)

Is this ROM better then the CM6 AIO v7?

No. It's not "better" or "worse", just different.* Check out the the first two paragraphs in the first post. I think the explanation is there.

Having said that, the "best" rom for me is the one that works the way I want it too. That's why I started modding roms in the first place. I needed to add some functionality to the roms others were putting out to get them to work the way I needed them to. Then I figured that I wasn't completely unique in what I wanted, so I started to release the roms I made for myself for the "few" others who might have the same needs as me.

And I recommend more people learn something of how to mod roms. More knowledge within this community can only help us. Unfortunately, the "brain drain" has begun as some of the most skilled have moved on, and the Pulse is not likely to attract a lot of new knowledgeable coders/hackers. Fortunately there are some still here who are actively working on improving what we've got (the AIO team for example).

So, enjoy whatever rom works best for you.

*Well, in all honesty, this rom "might" be worse if it has some huge bug or flaw I haven't noticed yet. It hasn't been used by enough people yet to be sure I didn't mess something else up like I did with the second release. (Sorry to those who wasted their time with it.) And since this exact rom is not what is usually on my phone, it's hard for me to be sure things are actually working. So as always, YMMV.

Is anyone having wifi issues with this rom? (Other than the problem we all know about that it doesn't automatically reconnect after coming back from sleep.)

I have a slightly different mod based on this one installed on my phone, and I seem to be getting some weird disconnects I never had before. Maybe it's my router, but I don't know.

台湾,谢谢你

You are welcome. Happy New Year.

Have you tried my Chinese mod of this rom? I am planning to update the latest beta again today. I think the tweak0.2c has problems still. I am testing a new beta right now. If it doesn't have any obvious bugs, I'll upload it.

Eureka! I finally figured it out. It all goes back to the mistake I made in copying the wrong zip in the first place. In any case, if it is working fine for you at the moment, keep using it. But if you are having problems, I'll have an update to gapps.zip shortly. I suspect things will be back to being stable for me after that.

Guest thisweb
Updated OpenGL to 1.1? No.

Actually I was thinking is hardware acceleration even enabled (any opengl). I believe Toti had a fix for it in Richards rom as it wasn't enabled in toms. It gave FPS improvements and better game performance.

the one in red:

* Enables JIT;

* Sets heapsize to 24m;

* Changes wifi.supplicant_scan_interval to 30 seconds, fixing the wifi not reconnecting after sleep and saving some battery; (thanks totiadrenalin)

* Enables hardware accelaration (debug.hw.sf); (thanks totiadrenalin)

* Installs libGLES_qcom.so and gralloc.msm7k; (a big thanks again to toti laugh.gif)

* Installs the 710MHz OC kernel. (thank you starkos)

Edited by thisweb

Guest Fusion0306

I'm kind of annoyed by the rotation getting stuck bug. I know that it's not just this rom's problem, but all cm's for pulse.

I can live with every other bug, but this one takes the prize. I have to reboot the phone to make the rotation work again.

Is there ANY fix for this bug?

Actually I was thinking is hardware acceleration even enabled (any opengl). I believe Toti had a fix for it in Richards rom as it wasn't enabled in toms. It gave FPS improvements and better game performance.

the one in red:

* Enables JIT;

* Sets heapsize to 24m;

* Changes wifi.supplicant_scan_interval to 30 seconds, fixing the wifi not reconnecting after sleep and saving some battery; (thanks totiadrenalin)

* Enables hardware accelaration (debug.hw.sf); (thanks totiadrenalin)

* Installs libGLES_qcom.so and gralloc.msm7k; (a big thanks again to toti laugh.gif)

* Installs the 710MHz OC kernel. (thank you starkos)

I really don't know. I got a Neocore of 26.7 on this rom, if that helps anyone decide. But I don't know what that means. I'm not a gamer, so I haven't figured out a good use for a higher frame rate and I haven't been very motivated to make that change. ;)

For the rest of that, personally I do enable JIT and set the heap size to 24. But I can't use the 710mhz kernel (it bootloops for me), and I wouldn't use that high of setting anyway. I run at 576mhz most of the time (gotta save some battery ;) ). But IIRC, the attempted fix for wifi by setting the supplicant scan time to 30 didn't work anyway. (What I really should do is put the Blade Wifi Fix and Wifi Status into the rom.)

Guest M3DD3RS
I'm kind of annoyed by the rotation getting stuck bug. I know that it's not just this rom's problem, but all cm's for pulse.

I can live with every other bug, but this one takes the prize. I have to reboot the phone to make the rotation work again.

Is there ANY fix for this bug?

I've only had it since I installed yesterdays update ;)

Before then it was actually quite slick at rotating ;)

I've only had it since I installed yesterdays update ;)

Before then it was actually quite slick at rotating ;)

Is that problem there with f0.3? Can you tell me how to duplicate it? I haven't seen it on my own phone.

In the dark recesses of my memory I think I recall this was a problem at some time in the past, but I don't remember what it was or what solved it. Incidentally, I have 270 degrees turned off. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Guest Fusion0306
Incidentally, I have 270 degrees turned off. I wonder if that makes a difference.

I'll try to disable the 270 degrees. We'll see if that helps. Cheers!

Hello

Very good job, I just let the V7 for your version I find it much more stable. I thank you for sharing your work. My phone is transforming this HUAWEI U8230. 24.3FPS

PS: Can you add open GL 1.1, or you find it useless?

Guest Fulcrum_X

Weird.. freshly installed this ROM from Stock 1.5 and DE 2.1. Now it cannot connect to my Wifi network and I don't have certain apps like Gmail and Market!

Guest Fulcrum_X
the system partition of the DE 2.1 update is too small for this rom, you have to flash thr uk or hu 2.1 update

Thanks. Reinstalled everything with HU 2.1 update. But had 2 reboots already the last 30 minutes, while busy with deleting apps and being in the Market... :P

Edit: this is insane. After deleting the standard included Apps (facebook, twitter, google voice, maps, rom manager) the apps keep appearing when rebooted! Even after a 'clean' reboot...

Edited by Fulcrum_X

Guest i am not a hacker

Hi.

I had the CM6 ROM that Tom made before this that you editted. I made a huge mistake when putting this onto my Pulse. I followed all the steps, but when I was downloading the GApps and ROM, my connection went, so I only had part of the ZIP. I didn't know about that. On the recovery image, I installed the A2SD, but when I did the other two (which had only partly downloaded), it aborted. My solution would to be download the two again, and copy the files to my SD, but I can't do that becuase I don't have anything like a Micro SD reader. I also can't copy via USB because I don't have a ROM. What shall I do??? IM STUCK :huh:(( :P :D :P :P :P

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest Boony123
Hello

Very good job, I just let the V7 for your version I find it much more stable. I thank you for sharing your work. My phone is transforming this HUAWEI U8230. 24.3FPS

PS: Can you add open GL 1.1, or you find it useless?

change value on line ro.opengles.version=65536 to 65537 in build.prop

then goto reboot in recovery then flash the file below

(dont know if peoples build.prop file is different for each phone or if it can be flashed so never added to this zip (someone else made))

this rom seems fine, added SetCPU at maxed and got 28 on neocore and 430+ on Quadrant just changed the launcher to launcher pro becauase default one was messing up my dock bar was just disapearing all the time :S

libGLES_qcom_signed.zip

Edited by Boony123

Thanks. Reinstalled everything with HU 2.1 update. But had 2 reboots already the last 30 minutes, while busy with deleting apps and being in the Market... :P

Edit: this is insane. After deleting the standard included Apps (facebook, twitter, google voice, maps, rom manager) the apps keep appearing when rebooted! Even after a 'clean' reboot...

I have this funny feeling that you still did not read all of the install instructions or chose not to follow them exactly as they were written. If that is true, you can't expect things to work correctly. My best guess is that you either skipped the format of /system or that you used a different Gapps than f0.3 that I have a link to (most probable in my estimation). But because in one of your previous posts you already told us that you didn't follow all the instructions carefully, I can't know what else you did or didn't do.

Go back to the start. Do every step over, EXACTLY as I wrote them. (This includes stuff like which official rom you start with and which files you download and the order you install things, etc.) Then if you are still having problems, come back and let us know again what they are, AFTER you do that. But there is no point telling us more about what doesn't work until after you solve the problem as best you can on your end by starting over and doing it right.

*To prove to myself that this is not a problem with the rom, I just uninstalled Twitter (I don't use it anyway), and rebooted. It is indeed gone. Believe me, I'm not saying I always get everything right. I too make mistakes. But the first thing I do when something doesn't work is to go back and try to figure out what I did wrong by looking at the information I've been given.

And for everyone else: People, please, you have to at least follow the instructions or learn enough to know for sure which things are optional or have alternative methods for doing it. Don't skip stuff unless you have sufficient knowledge as to why you can do it differently than what was said. If you aren't going to follow the instructions EXACTLY, you most likely won't get the same results. A lot of headache and time wasted can be avoided if you RTM.

Edited by twrock

Hi.

I had the CM6 ROM that Tom made before this that you editted. I made a huge mistake when putting this onto my Pulse. I followed all the steps, but when I was downloading the GApps and ROM, my connection went, so I only had part of the ZIP. I didn't know about that. On the recovery image, I installed the A2SD, but when I did the other two (which had only partly downloaded), it aborted. My solution would to be download the two again, and copy the files to my SD, but I can't do that becuase I don't have anything like a Micro SD reader. I also can't copy via USB because I don't have a ROM. What shall I do??? IM STUCK :huh:(( :P :D :P :P :P

CW Recovery has the ability to mount your USB. Boot into recovery, go to the partitions menu item. The last item is "mount USB" (or something like that).

Or, if you still have Tom's rom, just reinstall that one instead and start over.

change value on line ro.opengles.version=65536 to 65537 in build.prop

then goto reboot in recovery then flash the file below

(dont know if peoples build.prop file is different for each phone or if it can be flashed so never added to this zip (someone else made))

this rom seems fine, added SetCPU at maxed and got 28 on neocore and 430+ on Quadrant just changed the launcher to launcher pro becauase default one was messing up my dock bar was just disapearing all the time :S

Thanks for the simple instructions and link. I'll give this a try tonight as well. If it really is that simple, I'll integrate it into the rom in the next update.

But, to be sure, I assume there is no loss of stability with this change, right?