Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications

Guest twrock

Guest totiadrenalin

I purchased this battery/charger combo recently, and I'm happy with it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ME:L:OC:US:1123

I'm not completely convinced it is a full 1700mAh, but it seems to work at least as good as my original battery did.

And an additional feature is that the charger has a USB power out port. I think it is definitely worth the money if you are looking for a replacement battery.

Just cane back to the Pulse forum to check how my pulse owners palls are doing.

It's verry nice the fellung to see that the pulse legend is still alive.

I can confirm that even so the desire s have a aluminium body, and gorila glass with 16M colors slcd multitouch up to 4 fingers display. compares tge price between this phone and Pulse. Pulse is the wunner regarding to build quallity. I loved my Pulse even so i had so sold it to getter enough money to buy the htc desire s. but regarding to speed, stability, and battery live, desire s littery eats up pulse. But i must commit tha Pulse was and still is a live legend. Twork

just continue your good work.

Guest EgyptoBoy

thank you twrock now i understand it and my phone faster now

i have another issue / the End Call Key didn't work like the stock 2.1 Rom how can i set it (GO home ) on this Rom ??

thanks.

i have another issue / the End Call Key didn't work like the stock 2.1 Rom how can i set it (GO home ) on this Rom ??

thanks.

There is some possibles to change that in these post http://android.modaco.com/topic/315636-customise-hardware-buttons/page__st__100

But maybe twrock will have a better solution.

Guest totiadrenalin

First of all I'm sorry that i get off topic!

Hey I just rebuild my last eclair custom rom. I don't have the chance to test it, because I don't have the phone anymore.

Also if you want to I can pull the system files from my desire s.

If this could help you to inject the sense UI into the cm7 rom for pulse.

Any way! It's so nice to see that you continue to work on pulse.

:)

Just write me back anything you need.

And here is the link of the rom:

Guest pedrojaime

twrock: I use app2sd but there are certain apps which do not like to be moved to sd. in my case: skype, swype, angel dialer, auto memory manager, go launcher EX, smooth calendar and SD-Booster. You are in fact correct, applications residing in /system/app cannot be moved or linked to sd. The above applications which all reside under /data/app, cannot be moved to SD using app2sd but CAN be linked to SD using the Link2SD program. I have no hard evidence but I seemed to notice that the performance of these apps improved when linking them to SD, defintely noticed the launcher working faster. Also, thanks a lot for your hard work and follow up on this rom, really appreciate it!

Hey Toti you missing us already! The Pulse may not be the fastest but limiting the number and size of packages makes a big difference to responsiveness and I can see mine lasting for many years to come! Its just a shame Huawei will not release the source code for the drivers to get camera working on CM7. For this reason CM61 is still the most stable and functional IMHO. Still, I am sure 5 years from now my pulse will still be in a lot better shape than the majority of smartphones out there. If I get a chance to test your eclair rom, will get back to you in a separate post, lot of things going on at the moment so must have a working phone in my pocket ;)

Edited by pedrojaime

Guest twrock

thanks.

That setting is not in "Settings" on this rom. It is in an app called "Spare Parts". It is on your phone already.

Guest twrock

twrock: I use app2sd but there are certain apps which do not like to be moved to sd. in my case: skype, swype, angel dialer, auto memory manager, go launcher EX, smooth calendar and SD-Booster. You are in fact correct, applications residing in /system/app cannot be moved or linked to sd. The above applications which all reside under /data/app, cannot be moved to SD using app2sd but CAN be linked to SD using the Link2SD program. I have no hard evidence but I seemed to notice that the performance of these apps improved when linking them to SD, defintely noticed the launcher working faster. Also, thanks a lot for your hard work and follow up on this rom, really appreciate it!

<snip>

Interesting. My experience is different than yours. I also use two of the apps that you have listed as problematic for you: Swype and Smooth Calendar. However, they are both definitely moved to sd-ext by DT Apps2SD. I can't speak for the other apps you list because I don't use those.

OT (again), I've still been testing all sorts of rom builds and boot combinations in my spare time. I still have not found any that exceed the battery life of this rom. But, I don't get much more than a full day (24 hours) of use with this rom.

Edit: I just installed Skype. I hadn't realized that the Android app would let me do SkypeOut. (Is that a new feature?) Anyway, it also was handled correctly by DT Apps2SD and was moved to sd-ext. So I'm not sure why you are not seeing the same things I am with DT.

Edited by twrock

Guest DinkaDanka

Hello !

I have installed the "Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications " ROM, and when I play an MP4 movie, at the 1hour 11 minutes, the sound resets and starts from the beginning, but the movie goes on. It happens with every movie, always at 1h:11min. I tried it with many player, and many converter programs, it happens every time!

Do you now any solutions for this?? Very annoying that I can't watch the whole movie !!

Thank you guys!

Hello !

I have installed the "Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications " ROM, and when I play an MP4 movie, at the 1hour 11 minutes, the sound resets and starts from the beginning, but the movie goes on. It happens with every movie, always at 1h:11min. I tried it with many player, and many converter programs, it happens every time!

Do you now any solutions for this?? Very annoying that I can't watch the whole movie !!

Thank you guys!

Wow, that strange, and kind of funny.

I have no idea what's going on. I've never heard of the issue, and I don't watch movies so I haven't seen it myself.

This idea is not a real solution, but maybe you could split the movie into two parts?

Otherwise, the 2.1 roms are still a really good option.

Guest DinkaDanka

Wow, that strange, and kind of funny.

I have no idea what's going on. I've never heard of the issue, and I don't watch movies so I haven't seen it myself.

This idea is not a real solution, but maybe you could split the movie into two parts?

Otherwise, the 2.1 roms are still a really good option.

Thank you for the fast reply. I tried to split the movie into 2 pieces, and it works this way. Maybe there is something wrong with the audio or video codec in the ROM. But anyway thanks. Problem solved :)

Guest sleepingman

well...i have a small issue that i need help to fix....

my market has updated to 3.1.3 and its keep FC.

i'm using the rom made by antonioPT cm6-plus; has anybody experienced the same thing?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english :P

cumps

well...i have a small issue that i need help to fix....

my market has updated to 3.1.3 and its keep FC.

i'm using the rom made by antonioPT cm6-plus; has anybody experienced the same thing?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english :P

cumps

I'm not sure if that problem is specific to the CM6-Plus rom, but my Market has updated to 3.0.27 with this rom, and is working fine.

I don't like the new Market app, but it is working as Google intended. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the ROM and instrucxtions.

I have .a small problem in that when I install speechsynthesis data installer as required by google navigation, the phone reboots when installing the app. I have tried a few times and it happens every time. Has anybody had this same problem?.

EDIT: Seems all apps that I install reboot the phone whilst installing. So either my phone is maybe faulty or I have some corruption in the rom I guess.

Edited by JackSF

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jayneck

Hi...

This is specially for AntonioPT... but any other is welcome to answer

I need the phone to be correctly recognized as a u8230 and not u8220...

I installed software from market before and now I can't!

What can I do to make it recognize it properly? Is there something on teh main ROM 2.1 that can be ripped?

Thanks...

(great work by the way... I just struggled to make it work and with the gingerfroyo 2.4 theme it really makes the difference!!!)

Guest twrock

Thanks for the ROM and instrucxtions.

I have .a small problem in that when I install speechsynthesis data installer as required by google navigation, the phone reboots when installing the app. I have tried a few times and it happens every time. Has anybody had this same problem?.

EDIT: Seems all apps that I install reboot the phone whilst installing. So either my phone is maybe faulty or I have some corruption in the rom I guess.

Possibilities I can think of:

1. delete both the cache and data of the Market app on your phone and try again. See Menu/Settings/Applications/All apps.

2. see the link in my signature for rom installation problems. Your problem might be related to to the limited amount of space in /system you had when installing the rom.

Guest twrock

Hi...

This is specially for AntonioPT... but any other is welcome to answer

I need the phone to be correctly recognized as a u8230 and not u8220...

I installed software from market before and now I can't!

What can I do to make it recognize it properly? Is there something on teh main ROM 2.1 that can be ripped?

Thanks...

(great work by the way... I just struggled to make it work and with the gingerfroyo 2.4 theme it really makes the difference!!!)

Seems backward. Are you sure this isn't a location problem? A couple of months ago Google dropped paid Market support for Taiwan, and I've had to use Market Enabler ever since.

I'm not sure you are referring to this rom, but it you are, this rom is set up to identify itself to the Market as a Nexus phone, meaning it should show "everything". But if you want to change that yourself to be sure, it's in build.prop. You should open the build.prop in the RBM2 rom and use that to replace two key lines:

ro.build.description=

ro.build.fingerprint=

You might also want to replace all references to U8220 with U8230, but I'm only guessing. You can just experiment and see what works for you.

Guest mate.st

I installed this rom,everthing is ok .But I would like to have my app stored on sd. Is it possible to do partition sd from rom manager,and after that install dt-a2sd from recovery. It that posiible?

I and have sd 2gb what are recomended partition size?

Guest bato1994

I'm having a bit of trouble. I've downloaded the '' cyanogenmod-plus-pulse-v0.9/ " file and now have to "Choose a zip to apply" However, once I click onto the file, no "install" option pops up. All I can see are the : META-INF and system options. ????

Guest Black_Hands

I have problem with smart search in Dial pad, with another rom or model I can key-in some number or characters it will shows the name in Contacts. Can I do the same or some app can do that ?

Thanks.

Update :

I found it, app name : TouchPal . Perfect dialer exactly what i mean.

Edited by Black_Hands

I installed this rom,everthing is ok .But I would like to have my app stored on sd. Is it possible to do partition sd from rom manager,and after that install dt-a2sd from recovery. It that posiible?

I and have sd 2gb what are recomended partition size?

For partitioning, you can use your computer or AmonRA Recovery. There are other ways as well. See the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide as well.

Check the first and second posts in this thread for suggestions on such issues a partition sizes and post-installation settings.

I'm having a bit of trouble. I've downloaded the '' cyanogenmod-plus-pulse-v0.9/ " file and now have to "Choose a zip to apply" However, once I click onto the file, no "install" option pops up. All I can see are the : META-INF and system options. ????

This won't answer your question, but I'd recommend you ask your questions about the CM Plus rom in that thread. That way people who also have experience installing and using that rom will more likely notice your question.

Having said that, my best guess is that you aren't making the right choice. Try "Install zip from sd card". Maybe go back and carefully read again and follow all the instructions.

Guest JDMikey

I have a problem I have found the ROM Somewhere on Google becaus e I could not see no link to it but I cannot find the Google Apps File fore the Android Market Place. Thanks for this ROM is seems stable enough.

I have a problem I have found the ROM Somewhere on Google becaus e I could not see no link to it but I cannot find the Google Apps File fore the Android Market Place. Thanks for this ROM is seems stable enough.

I have similar problem the first time I installed twrock's ROM - no google Market.

The reason I figured is that I did't install UK 2.1 from year 2010 (not the latest UK 2.1 from t-mobile UK site).

The newer rom gives only ~80M /system partition, while the older - ~100M. So the explanation why some or all google apps were not installed on your phone.

So just install UK 2.1 from year 2010 - as mentioned in instructions in initial posts of this thread. Only after that install this ROM.

It definately helped in my case.

Hope this help.

Guest JDMikey

I have got to say this is a good MOD its fully supported with Android Market and Cam Fix (Back Cam) wifi works well and Storage to SD works well.

I tried it out with a few Apps it it works great with the GO Launcher Customizations