MoDaCo Custom r7 Beta discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bakedecake

TweetDeck force closes after installing this, I have tried clearing data and cache but after logging in again it FC's straight away. It was fine with 1.06.5 & 1.08 with the mck r2.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest emergant
You should clear your dalvik cache ('adb shell stop && adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/* && adb reboot'). That should help.

re: speed and responsiveness, this has no significant performance enhancements as yet, this is primarily testing the install system!

P

Just a me too post to say flashed via cwm with no problems. Thanks Paul.

Had to download via the mac though. As others have said my vega cant download from this site.

Do you recommend putting the performance pack on top of this build?

Guest Sir Gash
You should clear your dalvik cache ('adb shell stop && adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/* && adb reboot'). That should help.

re: speed and responsiveness, this has no significant performance enhancements as yet, this is primarily testing the install system!

P

Thanks, should have thought of that! Clearing dalvik cache has helped a lot.

Cheers

EDIT: Maybe you should add that to the install script or advise CMW users to clear it first in the install instructions

Edited by Sir Gash

TweetDeck force closes after installing this, I have tried clearing data and cache but after logging in again it FC's straight away. It was fine with 1.06.5 & 1.08 with the mck r2.

Fixed in pre3 (online shortly).

P

Thanks, should have thought of that! Clearing dalvik cache has helped a lot.

Cheers

EDIT: Maybe you should add that to the install script or advise CMW users to clear it first in the install instructions

I have 'old A2SD' working in this ROM if anyone wants it.

P

Guest extrememonkey

Flashed with clockwork and all good.... As others have mentioned its slow when first booted and a little laggy compared to 1.605 with pp, but that its to be expected.

Thanks Paul...... Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for us next!!!

Guest extrememonkey

Any chance of getting this available to download directly to the Vega? - or its it just me???

As I'm one that uses Cwm to install it is so much easier if this could be done.... I have tried using different brothers but either the download doesn't (Opera mini) or downloads a 700kb file (miren)

re: speed, i'm not finding this slow once it's done it's initial sync bits (and I've replaced the stock launcher which is notoriously bloated!)

Quadrant screenshot below.

P

quadrantpre3.png

Any chance of getting this available to download directly to the Vega? - or its it just me???

As I'm one that uses Cwm to install it is so much easier if this could be done.... I have tried using different brothers but either the download doesn't (Opera mini) or downloads a 700kb file (miren)

Yeah, i'm working on resolving that.

P

Guest Sir Gash
I have 'old A2SD' working in this ROM if anyone wants it.

P

If you mean have an ext2/3/4 partition on SD for apps, then yes please! I'm quickly running out of space!

Also, would it be possible to have the required files for the USB host/slave switch on the SD instead of internal storage? It is taking up 25MB of precious space.

Cheers!

Guest professordes
This topic is for discussion of the installation system testing for r7 and future ROMs.

In line with feedback received, I have decided to improve the current install system to allow installation of FULL ROMS via either script method or ClockworkMod from the same zip. ClockworkMod will NOT be mandatory for new releases.

So, here's a test ROM if you're feeling brave!

P

pre2 installs OK via CWM

No flash in /system/etc/..priv anymore? (and I get a "not enough space", when I try and install from an apk elsewhere)

I also get a "Low on space" notification though I have plenty of space on /data

Just about to try pre3.. ;)

Edited by professordes

Guest professordes
Forgot to mention, flash is preinstalled.

P

The Beeb website was telling me I had the wrong version of flash with pre2 for some reason, it's happy with pre3. The "Low on space" warning has also gone away with pre3.

Roll on a PP.....