MoDaCo Custom r7 Beta discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Thresherinc
Can a Windows person test the below for me!

In install-windows.bat, FIND:

adb-windows.exe push files\data\mcr\sh /data/sh
and AFTER, ADD:
adb-windows.exe shell "/sbin/busybox chmod 4755 /data/sh"
Hopefully that should resolve the issue! P
Done and problem still exists. Latest output
c:\Vega_r7_pre4>install-windows.bat

Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings-Applications

-Development and connect to PC...

Mounting and emptying system partition...

remount succeeded

1256 KB/s (768320 bytes in 0.597s)

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Permission denied (13) -

Waiting for device...

Copying new files...

push: files/data/app/com.modaco.vegausbmode.apk -> /data/app/com.modaco.vegausbmode.apk

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tarling
Can a Windows person test the below for me!

In install-windows.bat, FIND:

adb-windows.exe push files\data\mcr\sh /data/sh
and AFTER, ADD:
adb-windows.exe shell "/sbin/busybox chmod 4755 /data/sh"

Hopefully that should resolve the issue!

P

I did a new 1.08 flash then applied r4 with your change to the bat file.

The permission denied errors earlier in the script didn't happen, but I still got lots of

errors during the "Creating Symlinks..." and "Setting permissions..." bits of the script

EDIT: and the same error at the "Flashing boot image...." too

Edited by tarling

Guest zzleezz

Just realised that you have released this Inc the pp to the general population. Don't see much sign of the whiners queueing up to say thanks.......

Although I'm a contributor and happy to carry that on in the future can I just say on behalf of us all Ta very much :-)

Guest Lennyuk
Just realised that you have released this Inc the pp to the general population. Don't see much sign of the whiners queueing up to say thanks.......

Although I'm a contributor and happy to carry that on in the future can I just say on behalf of us all Ta very much :-)

its only a beta, I am sure when its final and in a full kitchen the pp will be back to being only in the kitchen.

The files are openly available to be installed FREE anyway, and paul has never said or suggested otherwise.

Edited by Lennyuk

its only a beta, I am sure when its final and in a full kitchen the pp will be back to being only in the kitchen.

The files are openly available to be installed FREE anyway, and paul has never said or suggested otherwise.

No, PP will be fully integrated into all the builds going forward.

I have always said EXACTLY what the PP contains in the first post in the PP topic. ;)

P

Guest MotherSpyder
Installed pre4 over pre3 via cwm. Working perfect.

Not noticed screen artifacts yet, only ever got them mildly before.

Quadrant gave first score of 1700 and second score of 2500 don't think ill bother with it from now on. Overall feel is faster.

Quick question for you - does your Quadrant report that the Vega only has one core? Noticed over the week-end that

mine says one CPU and one core.. couldn't for the life of me remember if I've ever seen it say two cores.. probably just

Quadrant not being optimised for this Tegra SOC, but I'm still curious.

Guest zzleezz

Thanks for missing the point entirely again Lenny. Is it special skill that lawyers are taught?

Was was hoping my thanks would illicit a more positive response from end users such as yourself but heyho.

Guest Lennyuk
Thanks for missing the point entirely again Lenny. Is it special skill that lawyers are taught?

Was was hoping my thanks would illicit a more positive response from end users such as yourself but heyho.

I knew what you were getting at, I said what I said so that others would know what was going on, such people who are likely to kick up a fuss again once the PP goes back to being in the kitchen.

Which Paul has now confirmed will not happen ;)

Edited by Lennyuk

Guest MotherSpyder
No, PP will be fully integrated into all the builds going forward.

I have always said EXACTLY what the PP contains in the first post in the PP topic. ;)

P

TBH, I couldn't see it being any other way going forward, what with the Vega getting a stronger following from different forums;

and the fact that Google is basing Honeycomb on this very SOC.. That, Mr Anderson, is the sound of inevitability.

Still, I'm happy to have paid-up - I've paid more attention to this site as a result of spending coin on it, and have

subsequently enjoyed and benefited my time here a heckuva lot more. Ta Paul and co, absolutely no complaints from me.

Edited by MotherSpyder

Guest zzleezz
Quick question for you - does your Quadrant report that the Vega only has one core? Noticed over the week-end that

mine says one CPU and one core.. couldn't for the life of me remember if I've ever seen it say two cores.. probably just

Quadrant not being optimised for this Tegra SOC, but I'm still curious.

Yup. 1 core. But I'm pretty sure that android only supports single core right now. Feel Free to put me right.

*edit*

I'm a dullard ignore me :-)

Edited by zzleezz

Guest warriorscot

Nice job on the pre4 performance is smooth and the CWM install was flawless. My quadrant score was down 200 points but that might just be a hiccup I am sure will be ironed out in the final r7.

Edited by warriorscot

Guest emergant
Nice job on the pre4 performance is smooth and the CWM install was flawless. My quadrant score was down 200 points but that might just be a hiccup I am sure will be ironed out in the final r7.

Okay I'm back. As stated before pre4 via cwm hung on the booting screen I used nvflash to format misc and when that didnt fix it I flashed pre4s boot.img. Still didnt work. I then realised that pre4 didnt provide a system.img so I went back to an older system.img backup and recoverred.

Not sure what to do now. Three options I think

1 flash a virgin 1.08 then pre4 clearing user data. I'd rather not but if its the only way...

2 re download pre 4 incase mine was corrupted and try again.

3 Beg or borrow a pre3 so that I flash 2, then 3, then 4 instead of 2 and then 4 but I undserstand that this shouldnt be necessary.

Any other suggestions?

Edit, as a side note for Paul When I was playing, I partitioned the boot partition and rebooted into fastboot usb protocol as I suspected. Dont know if this is useful information?

Edited by emergant

Yup. 1 core. But I'm pretty sure that android only supports single core right now. Feel Free to put me right.

If you run 'busybox top' you can see both CPUs being used.

P

Guest thedicemaster

nope, pre6 still doesn't work.

bootloop.

at the end it came with a whole lot of busybox permission denied errors.

EDIT: paul, do you happen to know what partition number user data is stored in?

trying to figure out how to re-flash an official rom without wiping settings/apps

Edited by thedicemaster

pre6 with another Windows fix. Hopefully this is the win! ;)

P

Hm, didn't work unfortunately. Seems to be stuck in an infinite reboot loop. A lot of "exec /system/bin/sh failed: permission denied (13)" messages populated the screen after the install, not sure if that's got anything to do with it?

Guest emergant
nope, pre6 still doesn't work.

bootloop.

at the end it came with a whole lot of busybox permission denied errors.

EDIT: paul, do you happen to know what partition number user data is stored in?

trying to figure out how to re-flash an official rom without wiping settings/apps

Data is on partition id 11

If you look in the vega rom zip file info is in flash.cfg

Guest emergant

I solved my boot hang after a cwm install by backing up my user data, restoring a nandroid backup from 3 days ago then flashing pre5 with cwm and usind cwm advanced restore to get todays user data backup back. Not had time to play much but it boots and looks fine.

I have no idea what caused the problem.