MoDaCo Custom r7 Beta discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest emergant
i checked there, but UDA doesn't really scream "data partition" to me.

Agreed. Theres another thread on the forum which documents this but I can tell you that I've modified my flash.cfg to write my data.img to that partition and it works fine

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tarling
pre6 with another Windows fix. Hopefully this is the win! ;)

P

Hi,

If by any chance the only difference is the bat file, would you be able to post this separately please to save downloading the whole thing again.

Thanks for all your help, btw!

Updated first post:

NOTE: Due to unexpected complexities installing from Windows, the 'script method' is NOT working for Windows at the moment. If you are using Windows, install via ClockworkMod only at this time!

I've found the main issue, but it's a complex one that i'll fix tomorrow.

P

Guest Thresherinc
I've found the main issue, but it's a complex one that i'll fix tomorrow.

P

I shall await the fix tomorrow then, in the vain hope it keeps my apps and setup as is.

:-D

I'd like to thank you for the effort you put in Paul.

Guest HunteronX
Installed r7 pre6 using non-CWM method under OSX... went on perfectly and will go and have a play now, Thanks Paul.

Works fine on clockwork mod as well - thanks Paul!

Flashed r7 pre6 throufh recovery. That went fine. During flashing i noticed that the progressbar in clockwork goes way out of its boundery.

I have to say that i have some more problems with distorted graphics (the lines on the screen) then i had with 1.08 with r6 (without pp). The lines appear now when i am typing this message using Dolphin HD.

Nothing else that i can say at the moment. Seems to be working well.

Thanks.

Guest Sir Gash

Hi Paul,

Before releasing r7 final, could you please look into the rendering issues? They are very bad with this kernel as you can see:

post-797044-1296680438_thumb.png

Lots of black lines at the bottom of the screen, looks much worse in motion!

post-797044-1296680450_thumb.png

Look at the Save and Discard buttons and the top of the crop box

FYI, they rarely occurred with the stock kernel (only rarely noticed them during screen transitions).

With MCK r2 on 1.06.5+r6+PP they are equally as bad as r7 pre6

There is something about this kernel that doesn't play nice with Tegra 2 ;)

I might try one of the Cyanogen ROMS again to see if it happens on them too.

Cheers

Edited by Sir Gash

Been testing my bluetooth/wifi issue on stock roms and the screen corruption occurs on stock 1.08. No luck with the bluetooth issue - gonna take it back to currys tomorrow as I do need it to work.

Guest English Haze

I did a clean wipe and flashed with cwm. Everything seems to be working fine. Very slight display artifacts rarely seen. 2350 Quadrant score. No problems with the benchmark videos. This is a great, fast, smooth rom for me. Definitely faster and smoother than stock 1.6 or 1.8. Thanks!

Guest warriorscot
Just wondering - does this update wipe existing data (as with the Advent stock upgrades) or keep it (as applying the other MCRs did)?

No need to wipe it unless you want to apply a fresh 1.08 update before hand.

Guest James Muscat
No need to wipe it unless you want to apply a fresh 1.08 update before hand.

Great, thanks! Looking forward to trying it - Paul is a legend ;)

Guest kevinha
r7 pre7 online, with Windows flashing via script FIXED! ;)

If you want to grab the batch file only (the only change), you can find it here.

P

install worked fine for me on win x64 except for minor minor 'rm: cant remove /system/lost+found directory not empty' at the beginning. will now have a play.

Guest Lennyuk
re: screen corruption, what's the most reliable way to replicate it?

Then I can work on eliminating it! ;)

P

it comes up at random, play a game (e.g. bubble buster) load a webpage like modaco, use a graphic heavy app like plume.

Its always there, but often goes after a few seconds, or if you scroll the screen.

Guest dannight
re: screen corruption, what's the most reliable way to replicate it?

Then I can work on eliminating it! ;)

P

I get these issues with games, can pretty much guarantee that at any given point during a game of Droid Words Free there will be some artefacts over the letter tiles and buttons beneath (and generally all over the place).

These issues started appearing after updating to the r2 kernel (running MCR 1.0.6 - gonna try this this evening or maybe hold off till there's more news on the glitches)

Paul, you're a fecking legend!