Screen calibration wrong - Vega unusable

Guest tarling

Guest tarling

Hello,

I've applied the latest update from Paul on top of a clean 1.08 build using CWM.

It was all working well until I ran moduleap.apk to recalibrate the screen. Having read various posts about this, I unplugged the device first and I was careful not to touch the screen except for the recalibration button. But the screen is now calibrated completely wrong - the "cursor" is about half a screen width to the left of where it should be.

I thought re-installing firmware (1.08) would reset it, but it hasn't made any difference. And so now I'm unable to get beyond the screen where you press to agree to the EULA

Without being able to control the device, I can't think how to correct this problem. I'm quite a novice with all this stuff.

- does anyone know how to clear the calibration settings? can one use the nvflash program to clear the appropriate part of the (memory)?

- while on the EULA screen, the device is in USB debugging mode. would it be possible to use adb to clear the calibration settings? or maybe switch usb modes so I could control the device using a mouse

I've got myself in a bit of a pickle here - any suggestions to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest tarling

Admin - feel free to delete this, but I managed to switch to USB host mode, plug a mouse in and recalibrate, using files fudged together from other peoples ideas

adb-windows.exe wait-for-device
adb-windows.exe remount
adb-windows.exe push flash_image /data/local/
adb-windows.exe shell chmod 4755 /data/local/flash_image
adb-windows.exe shell /data/local/flash_image boot /mnt/sdcard/USB/host.img[/codebox]

Sorry for the noise...

Guest 2old2mould

Hi Tarling,

Sorry to hear about the issue with your screen.

I have applied Module AP in the same way and had no issues (clean 1.08, CWM, r6, MCK). Perhaps you should go back and try again from a clean install.

I appreciate this doesnt solve your problem but at least you know it's OK to use the app.

2o2m.

Guest elephantsoup
Hello,

I've applied the latest update from Paul on top of a clean 1.08 build using CWM.

It was all working well until I ran moduleap.apk to recalibrate the screen. Having read various posts about this, I unplugged the device first and I was careful not to touch the screen except for the recalibration button. But the screen is now calibrated completely wrong - the "cursor" is about half a screen width to the left of where it should be.

I thought re-installing firmware (1.08) would reset it, but it hasn't made any difference. And so now I'm unable to get beyond the screen where you press to agree to the EULA

Without being able to control the device, I can't think how to correct this problem. I'm quite a novice with all this stuff.

- does anyone know how to clear the calibration settings? can one use the nvflash program to clear the appropriate part of the (memory)?

- while on the EULA screen, the device is in USB debugging mode. would it be possible to use adb to clear the calibration settings? or maybe switch usb modes so I could control the device using a mouse

I've got myself in a bit of a pickle here - any suggestions to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have the same problem.

Can you please explain what files you used to solve it.

Thanks

Guest tarling
I have the same problem.

Can you please explain what files you used to solve it.

Thanks

For reference, we've sorted this issue out via PMs. For anyone else, the files are taken from the USB slave/host Gscript fix from a few weeks ago. PM me for details if necessary

Guest elephantsoup
For reference, we've sorted this issue out via PMs. For anyone else, the files are taken from the USB slave/host Gscript fix from a few weeks ago. PM me for details if necessary

Yes,

Problem solved after great help from tarling.

Thanks once again for the help.

Guest tarling

Since this has come up again with other users, here's the information I sent

I'm no expert in these things, but have uploaded a file for you here

http://www.jamestarling.co.uk/usbfix.zip

When your Vega is in the EULA screen after its first boot, it should be in USB debugging mode (there should be a beetle in the notification bar)

Connect to your Vega via USB and run the set-host.bat script. (preferably from a console window)

I think you need to then reboot, and it should now be in USB host mode which means you can control the pointer by a USB mouse

Then, when I ran the screen calibration utility again, it calibrated correctly.

I think I then started again - flashed 1.08, applied MCR patch

Hope this works for you. If you've not connected via ADB before, have a dig around in the forums. You may need to install drivers on your PC. Bit of a pain, but you should only need to do it once

Guest AndiTails

I had a similar problem at the weekend, but a simpler solution.

If you have ADB Debugging enabled on the Tablet, then just use DroidExplorer:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...vega-from-a-pc/

(It also installs drivers for you!)

It allows you to remote control the Vega via ADB (albeit rather slowly) - just enough to get you to calibration and no need to mess about with USB Host, etc.

Edited by AndiTails

• 8 months later...
Guest Herkatus

I tried all the guides for fixing this problem and yours was the better one so far. But after trying other guides I seem to lost the calibration tool. Can anyone provide me an official rom (1.09 or inferior because 1.10 also does't have the tool)?