09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest princeotter
Have fun and thanks for everything - I don't know how you find the time for all these updates! BTW, did you get a chance to put the left handed idea into R8?

Shame Paul is away just as a new build is released (but have a good time Paul and hopefully the alloy can be repaired :-( ). In some ways therefore I am hoping it doesn't have anything too exciting in it any way - and presumably the Flash will be available from elsewhere

Guest Ramnath

Has anyone tried the latest version from Stock?

I ran the quadrant test thrice, and it was around 2250.

Just before flashing with the updated stock, I ran quadrant test on Paul's, and it was the same.

Just curious does the official version now includes PP and latest updates (performance wise) as in r8?

Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

Thanks for your ongoing support everyone!

P

Thank YOU for your support! hang in there young lad 10yrs is just the start of what I am sure is a long and happy time together (me after 30yrs I wonder :D).

all the best to you and yours!

R8: Internet doesn't work fine for me; after 30 minutes it stucks; tried this with Wifi and with 3g dongle.

Anybody who found a solution?

Same here too, need to do a total wipe and install r6 or r7 again :P

Edit: Reinstalled a clean version of Vega 1.6.05, but wifi is still not working...

Edit 2: Works after reboot, lets hope it keeps working....

Edited by C_G

Guest dukla2000
Same here too, need to do a total wipe and install r6 or r7 again :P

Edit: Reinstalled a clean version of Vega 1.6.05, but wifi is still not working...

Edit 2: Works after reboot, lets hope it keeps working....

No problems here - think my path since last full wipe is 1.7, r7 then r8.

Guest vega virgin
No problems here - think my path since last full wipe is 1.7, r7 then r8.

I have installed r8 with no problems so far, how to i activate the 3D gallery?

Still problems with WiFi. I think this is a hardware problem.

Just filled in the return form. My tablet will go back for a repair or replacement...

Edited by C_G

Hello,

today i applied the r8 update. Everything was fine but I wanted to try the Screen calibration.

After the process was finished the touchscreen does not work properly anymore!

The input is only recognized on some areas of the screen and even then just with 2 or more fingers on the screen.

I've flashed to 1.09 after the problem -> no improvement

I reapplied r8 -> no improvement

I'm no stuck at the EULA and cannot press the Agree-Button on the bottom.

Can some help me please?

regards, Stefan

Guest tylordurton
Hello

After switching USB to USB Host i dont get a mouse pointer with my plugged wired USB mouse.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

I have the same issue with no mouse pointer :-(

Guest feragca

Hi,

I´m really newbie, and I have a pair of questions.

My New advent is at home, I´m going to update it and I wonder if it´s better with the last release 1.09 or just 1.08+MCR 8

Is it going this last one with flash?

Anybody knows if it is possible to apply R8 over 1.09?

If it is not .. there will be a r9?

Thanks in advance for all

Fernando

Advent in Spain

Guest darlo_stu

c:\modaco\r8>install-windows.bat

Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings-Applications

-Development and connect to PC...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

Hi ... newbie here ... downloaded R8 from the online kitchen ... USB Debugging is selected ... but stuck at above.

PC is Windows Vista ... any hints?

Guest trevor432990
c:\modaco\r8>install-windows.bat

Waiting for device... ensure 'USB Debugging' is enabled in Settings-Applications

-Development and connect to PC...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

Hi ... newbie here ... downloaded R8 from the online kitchen ... USB Debugging is selected ... but stuck at above.

PC is Windows Vista ... any hints?

Sounds like your USB Drivers on the PC need to be re-installed try this :-

First, using Windows Explorer you need to go to the folder on your PC where you unzipped the files from Pauls download pack. In that folder will be a folder called 'usbdriver' and within that, one called 'usb_driver' and it is in this sub-folder where all the drivers you need are held.

If when you run the 'install-windows.bat' command as instructed nothing happens or you only get say a couple of lines of text displayed then you will need to do the following:-

Go to CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER and if you have the Vega connected by USB (with power on) you should see some new hardware called ANDROID PHONE and/or NVIDIA HARMONY. Right click on each entry and click 'Uninstall' then go to the top of the list where it displays your computers name and right click on the entry and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. The Windows new hardware wizard will then pop-up asking if you have a driver disk or not. Say you have and browse to the folder called 'usb_driver' described above and select it. The hardware should then be installed with the correct drivers.

Repeat the 'install-windows.bat' command and hopefully this time a whole list of program output should appear showing it is working and in less than a minute it should all be done and your Vega will reboot itself. Then on Vega go into SETTINGS>ABOUT DEVICE and the Kernel Version should include the text ...v1.xx.... where xx is the level you are now at i.e. 04.

Note:- You may need to do the above with every new release as it seems to be the only way of updating the drivers properly unless someone else can tell us a better way

Guest Mickgoodie1

Hi everyone.

any ideas of how to ge this R8 rom to work in ad hoc wifi mode? I cannot connect to my driod tethering software on my Htc hero after upgrading to this version, It did work before hand with the updated wpa_supplicant. My hero is fine as my PC can connect with no issues do I know its a vega issue.

any ideas would be appriciated?

Very nice rom, thanks paul. Ä° need something that looking one no on this rom.....

just i try and use huaewi e176g 3g dongle and works perfect but why not or wher mobile setting

Under settings>wireless setting>mobile

i only can se them when add account> select google "!press and hold about 6 sevonds then see below wireless setting"

And activate 3g options.....

Mobile section cant be default under wireless settings

Sounds like your USB Drivers on the PC need to be re-installed try this :-

First, using Windows Explorer you need to go to the folder on your PC where you unzipped the files from Pauls download pack. In that folder will be a folder called 'usbdriver' and within that, one called 'usb_driver' and it is in this sub-folder where all the drivers you need are held.

If when you run the 'install-windows.bat' command as instructed nothing happens or you only get say a couple of lines of text displayed then you will need to do the following:-

Go to CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER and if you have the Vega connected by USB (with power on) you should see some new hardware called ANDROID PHONE and/or NVIDIA HARMONY. Right click on each entry and click 'Uninstall' then go to the top of the list where it displays your computers name and right click on the entry and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. The Windows new hardware wizard will then pop-up asking if you have a driver disk or not. Say you have and browse to the folder called 'usb_driver' described above and select it. The hardware should then be installed with the correct drivers.

Repeat the 'install-windows.bat' command and hopefully this time a whole list of program output should appear showing it is working and in less than a minute it should all be done and your Vega will reboot itself. Then on Vega go into SETTINGS>ABOUT DEVICE and the Kernel Version should include the text ...v1.xx.... where xx is the level you are now at i.e. 04.

Note:- You may need to do the above with every new release as it seems to be the only way of updating the drivers properly unless someone else can tell us a better way

I have had this a couple of times when my firewall (Zone Alarm) has asked for permission to allow, when you click yes the installer does not progress. I would note I connect via a router which has built in firewall anyway

I turn off the firewall for install and this works for me

Guest Alan Cox
No, not yet, trying to find a copy. In the meantime I'm trying to run the ROM install from Windows instead.

UPDATE: same result on 1.06 sadly.

UPDATE 2: Flashed the ROM from a Windows machine and it worked perfectly. My problem was clearly something specific to Linux.

Hit this too - complete with scary booting... crash booting ... crash cycle but fortunately managed to grab the box with the Android tools and keep it nailed down for long enough to sort it.

The Linux tools propogate the permissions across adb it seems, and the zip didn't have execute bits set, so the moment it pushed a shell without execute permission it blew itself up

Suggested workaround: in the install-linux script chmod -R a+x files

Alan

Guest thewinst

Afternoon peps...

Does anybody have the Fullscreen notification dropdown working on R8?

The issue I currenlty seem to have here is that file is a moddified 1.06 ROM version of the framework.jar file.

It would appear to be modded in some way by paul in the lastest 1.08 R8 ROM. I don't wonna overwrite/regress any of Pauls/Advents good progress...

OR If anyones got any advice on how the lastest framework.jar can be modded i to do the same??

Cheers in advance Vega-n's

Guys, please help... no matter what connection i use, i cant sign into my google account!

tried tethering to my phone, tried two wifi networks, just says cant establish a reliable connection.

tried hard reset and clearing gapps cache too...

thanks in advance

Guest Juan Pedro

when I go to a google account get the following message and I do not validate

can not establish a reliable data connection to the server

Thank you very much

Edited by Juan Pedro