09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xaralam

Hi

I just bougth my pov tegra device I installed the advent 1.08 rom and pauls r7 update also. Everything works fine but when I shut down my device I lost the time and date settings do I have to use suspend instead of shut down. Is this normal ?

Thanks

Edited by xaralam

Guest spachal

No, it's probably not normal. I bought a few days ago also POV, with fw1.08. I uploaded there Vega fw1.09 and then Paul's R8. After that, time&date is OK, after shutdown and power on.

Guest diazamet
Hit this too - complete with scary booting... crash booting ... crash cycle but fortunately managed to grab the box with the Android tools and keep it nailed down for long enough to sort it.

The Linux tools propogate the permissions across adb it seems, and the zip didn't have execute bits set, so the moment it pushed a shell without execute permission it blew itself up

Suggested workaround: in the install-linux script chmod -R a+x files

Alan

I had this problem on Linux. Found there were some differences between install-windows.bat and install-linux.sh, so I changed the linux script.

install-linux.sh

PS. Is this the real (Linux) Alan Cox :-)

Edited by diazamet

Guest bones2k
Sounds like your USB Drivers on the PC need to be re-installed try this :-

First, using Windows Explorer you need to go to the folder on your PC where you unzipped the files from Pauls download pack. In that folder will be a folder called 'usbdriver' and within that, one called 'usb_driver' and it is in this sub-folder where all the drivers you need are held.

If when you run the 'install-windows.bat' command as instructed nothing happens or you only get say a couple of lines of text displayed then you will need to do the following:-

Go to CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER and if you have the Vega connected by USB (with power on) you should see some new hardware called ANDROID PHONE and/or NVIDIA HARMONY. Right click on each entry and click 'Uninstall' then go to the top of the list where it displays your computers name and right click on the entry and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. The Windows new hardware wizard will then pop-up asking if you have a driver disk or not. Say you have and browse to the folder called 'usb_driver' described above and select it. The hardware should then be installed with the correct drivers.

Repeat the 'install-windows.bat' command and hopefully this time a whole list of program output should appear showing it is working and in less than a minute it should all be done and your Vega will reboot itself. Then on Vega go into SETTINGS>ABOUT DEVICE and the Kernel Version should include the text ...v1.xx.... where xx is the level you are now at i.e. 04.

Note:- You may need to do the above with every new release as it seems to be the only way of updating the drivers properly unless someone else can tell us a better way

im having a similar problem installing pauls download. Ive updated the drivers and if i try run the 'install-windows.bat' file i get the same message and if i go through a command prompt and run it from there it finishes saying 'adb-windows.exe is not recognised as an internal command....'

Again im a newbie, what am i missing? Any help would be greatly received!

Problem solved! thanx

Edited by bones2k

Guest xaralam
No, it's probably not normal. I bought a few days ago also POV, with fw1.08. I uploaded there Vega fw1.09 and then Paul's R8. After that, time&date is OK, after shutdown and power on.

I think the problem starts when I updated to Vega rom I will try to reflash with original Fw and I will check it out .By the way is it possible to install r8 over pov 1.09 fw assuming that we have solved the usb drivers problem ?

Guest Atilla Caginli

Hi all,

First of all i'm sorry abou my bad English. :D

When I run the install-windows.bat' command as instructed only get says

* Deamon not running. Starting it now on port 5037 *

* Deamon started successfully *

Then Nothing happens.

Can anybody help me?

Please

I have several times reinstall driver and restart computer but there are no any changes.

Operating System Windows Xp 32 bit SP3

Edited by Atilla Caginli

Guest simonta
Hi all,

First of all i'm sorry abou my bad English. :D

When I run the install-windows.bat' command as instructed only get says

* Deamon not running. Starting it now on port 5037 *

* Deamon started successfully *

Then Nothing happens.

Can anybody help me?

Please

I have several times reinstall driver and restart computer but there are no any changes.

Operating System Windows Xp 32 bit SP3

Your English is better than some of the "English" people on here :D

When you open device manager, do you see "Android Phone" at the top of the list? Inside Android Phone, do you see "ADB Composite Interface" or something similar. What happens whan you enter the command "adb-windows devices"?

This happened to me when my firewall asked for permission. After clicking yes for permission it hung as you describe

I turned firewall off and ran install bat again it completed that time no problem

Guest Atilla Caginli
Your English is better than some of the "English" people on here :D

When you open device manager, do you see "Android Phone" at the top of the list? Inside Android Phone, do you see "ADB Composite Interface" or something similar. What happens whan you enter the command "adb-windows devices"?

When i open the device manager i see "Nvidia USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile device "

Maybe i was mistake. Because i was trying driver inastalling at APX mode (device turned off and home and back switch pressed same time)

My device have stock rom and there are no usb host slave switch application. Maybe before this rom update other rom for my device.

If i'm wrong please show to me way of rom installation at APX recovery mode.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Atilla

Guest Mickgoodie1
Hi everyone.

any ideas of how to ge this R8 rom to work in ad hoc wifi mode? I cannot connect to my driod tethering software on my Htc hero after upgrading to this version, It did work before hand with the updated wpa_supplicant. My hero is fine as my PC can connect with no issues do I know its a vega issue.

any ideas would be appriciated?

Has anyone had this issue and managed to fix it? Could really do with fixing this and its still does not work after a complete rebuild with rom8

Guest rferrett

Anyone else having a problem with the web store not recognising your Vega with the R8?

Most annoying as it is dead handy for downloading apps on mass for a new setup.

Guest thedicemaster
Anyone else having a problem with the web store not recognising your Vega with the R8?

Most annoying as it is dead handy for downloading apps on mass for a new setup.

you mean market.android.com?

working fine here, listed as "MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega r8"

Guest spachal

>Atilla Caginli: hi, I had the same problem (still have with my English :] and had with tablet too), I was unable to run R8 on my Win7 64bit os. The solution was a notebook with Win7 32bit, installation was without any problem (with attached drivers).

Guest beegee1962
Can't install anything because the drivers are not good for x64 operating system. Guess I have to do the installation at a nearby internet cafe.

Couldn't get my USB drivers working as well. If you have a WiFi on your home network then you can do it with WiFi ADB.

1) Root your device with VisionaryPlus

2) Get a ADB over Wifi app. I prefer ADB over Wifi Widget, but you can find several in the market.

3) Start the ADB over Wifi. Set it to use port 5555 and activate it. Remember the IP address that the app shows you.

4) Get the attached install-windows-wifi.bat

5) Copy the batch file into the folder where you extracted the ROM. There should be a install-windows.bat already.

6) Edit the batch file and check line 13 and change

adb-windows.exe connect 192.168.1.15

to

adb-windows.exe connect <YourTabIPAddress>

where <YourTabIPAddress> is the IP address that ADB over WiFi told you.

7) With ADB over WiFi running on your device start the install-windows-wifi.bat

That worked for me fine and together with QtADB I do not need anymore an USB cable. I start QtADB, set connection to WiFi and enter the IP address of my tablet.

install_windows_wifi.zip

Guest spachal

I can confirm too that ADB is working right over wirelles network, I'm using ADB from Android SDK and app adbWireless from Market. It's not so fast as over usb, but I can use it in 64bit os :] ..

Guest rferrett

Right do we know what the difference between CM7 and MCR8 is that means the volume issue is sorted on the Cyanogen mods and can this be implemented in the MCR ones?

I Installed Advent 1.09 and afterwards R8. I cannot connect to wifi anymore. Device is scanning and scanning but not connecting. I can connect to wifi with official Advent 1.09.

Please can anybody help me out?

Guest lunaticinsane

Hello, i have just installed this rom and befire that i have been using higgys rom and since i have installed this rom i get too low ram on idle mod. I mean withvlow aroud 260_270mb bur with higgys i was getting around 330mb free ram on idle mod, so is this normal?

My second question is, can you watch at least 720p mkv videos with this device, i tried many players bu nome of them could be able to handle the file., again do you have avy idea, is it same with you too?

>Atilla Caginli: hi, I had the same problem (still have with my English :] and had with tablet too), I was unable to run R8 on my Win7 64bit os. The solution was a notebook with Win7 32bit, installation was without any problem (with attached drivers).

For does having problems installing windows x64 drivers here is how I manage install in win7 pro x64.

1. download the Android development, follow the link till point 9, stop at point 10, so have download Google USB Driver Package. http://www.laslow.net/2010/05/17/android-a...-windows-7-x64/

2. In order for x64 system to recognize your diver you need to modify the android_winusb.inf, follow this link http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/enable...ndroid-tablets/

And that is all you need for usb working with x64 and your Vega.

Edited by jegupi

Guest Michael74

Here is one..... I have looked around but can't see an answer.....

I was on the pre xmas factory no flash release, put r7 on, all fine.

New factory release came out with flash, put that on as a clean install and as r8 was now out put r8 on

Flash wouldn't work....... So reinstalled the release from Advent and since then everytime I add r8 it wont get past the Advent boot screen, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edit, forgot to say, I have reinstalled factory s/w from advent, and it works but still throws a wobbler when I try to put r8 on

Edited by Michael74

Here is one..... I have looked around but can't see an answer.....

I was on the pre xmas factory no flash release, put r7 on, all fine.

New factory release came out with flash, put that on as a clean install and as r8 was now out put r8 on

Flash wouldn't work....... So reinstalled the release from Advent and since then everytime I add r8 it wont get past the Advent boot screen, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edit, forgot to say, I have reinstalled factory s/w from advent, and it works but still throws a wobbler when I try to put r8 on

Just an idea.....put on the Vega 1.09 rom, then r8a addon from here http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...latest-busybox/