09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest spottyelephant

Hi,

So I followed the instructions exactly (ADB drivers, then modaco ROM for windows vista/7) and it all went fine until the Vega went to reboot, and now it's stuck in a boot loop at the android guy.

What went wrong / how do I fix it??

Thanks

Guest spottyelephant
Hi,

So I followed the instructions exactly (ADB drivers, then modaco ROM for windows vista/7) and it all went fine until the Vega went to reboot, and now it's stuck in a boot loop at the android guy.

What went wrong / how do I fix it??

Thanks

Fixed it and got it loaded!

Thanks

Guest blueshiva007
Hi SeiferTV

Did you ever find out how to get into recovery mode? I have exactly the same problem, I have version 1.10, and I can't get into recovery mode, it seems to enter it and exit all within 1-2 seconds, windows detects it as a Android-harmony / android phone but it doesn't remain connected long enough to install the drivers. Windows 7 doesn't detect the vega at any other point, even in debug mode :/

I don't know of any other way to install R8 :) can anyone help?

Hi,

i found in this site, but i forget the one who post it (to the author please forgive me). here is the method.

1. with charger unplug, press the power button for 6 secs. (the screen will be like a little flashing in black color. just a little)

2. plug your charger, plug your usb (male to male) cable.

3. press back button 2 secs, after that still hold the back, you press power button for 2 secs, then release the power button, and lastly after 2 secs again release the back button.

4. the remaining you can follow the instruction for USB driver update.

5. if finished your windows device manager will show USB nvidia recovery driver.

6.done.

Guest blueshiva007
Fixed it and got it loaded!

Thanks

can you please share your experience on how u fix it ?

i have the same problem with u due to corvus5 installation.

thanks.

Guest spottyelephant
can you please share your experience on how u fix it ?

i have the same problem with u due to corvus5 installation.

thanks.

I think the problem was that I had not installed the drivers from myadventvega.co.uk (I had only installed ADB drivers from this site) and so some of the "push" commands when loading the ROM failed - critically a new boot.img had failed.

My solution was:

- Download USB drivers and latest Stock firmware from myadventvega.co.uk

- Put the Vega into Recovery mode (Hold back button for 2 seconds, then back button + Power for 2 seconds, then just back button for 2 seconds - took a few attempts to get right, fully described here: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-driver-guides/ )

- Plug in the Vega to the laptop and install the APX / NVidia drivers (using the drivers for Vista/7, not XP in my case)

- Flashed the stock ROM (1.09) by running the .exe file from myadventvega

That got it back working on the stock rom. Then i just went and ticked "usb debugging" in settings again, and ran the Modaco ROM .bat file and the ROM installed perfectly.

Guest spottyelephant
Hi...after i put on r8 i also added this fix straight after through cwm (make sure gsensor box is unticked beforehand) and it works on majority of games...hope it helps!!

http://www.sorensiim.dk/higgsy/Vega/Vega_A...rometer_Fix.zip

Hi there,

Could you tell me how to actually apply that?? Haven't a clue.

Are there any disadvantages / problems with applying it?

Thanks

Edit: Ok, found the discussion in the R6 thread. Will give it a bash

Edited by spottyelephant

Guest chugglet

Hello everyone especially Paul

Newbie here that wants to say thanks for the ROM!!!

I got my Vega today and had already planned to flash it as soon as I could. Apart from the obvious upgrades, the new ROM is so much smoother than the stock ROM I have been playing with all day.

I had a nightmare installing it at first via my MAC, then tried to install via Windows 7 on Parallels and that also failed so I went back to what I know best and being an IT Technician that is good old Windows XP!!!

It installed without any problems at all.

So again, thanks everyone!!

Gushing over! :mellow:

Guest newtomodaco

Hi

I am quite new to the forum. Thanks a lot for the ROM. I am not sure what I have done wrong, but I have installed the R8 bake but my vega refuses to flash. So after picking out the bake from the c drive it stops at the point of saying 'ensure USB debugging is enabled in settings - applications and connect to PC. My vega is set on USB debug so am not sure why I have the issue. I am running a win 7 64 bit. Please help out of he frustration. Thanks a lot for your help.

Guest beegee1962
Hi

I am quite new to the forum. Thanks a lot for the ROM. I am not sure what I have done wrong, but I have installed the R8 bake but my vega refuses to flash. So after picking out the bake from the c drive it stops at the point of saying 'ensure USB debugging is enabled in settings - applications and connect to PC. My vega is set on USB debug so am not sure why I have the issue. I am running a win 7 64 bit. Please help out of he frustration. Thanks a lot for your help.

Most likely a problem with your USB drivers. Check “YAUDIG[XP][VISTA][7] – USB driver guides, Yet Another USB Driver Install Guide” to get ADB drivers setup. But Win 7 64bit seems to be tricky :mellow: . I am so happy that I am still on Windows XP :o

Guest scotsman87

Hey all,

Just new to the site...

Joined up and followed the 'how to guide with driver' but now I get a message stating, This device cannot start. (Code 10) and it has a tellow exclamation mark in the Device Manager beside 'Android Composite ADB Interface'

Any ideas?

Also, it says in CMD prompt it is still 'Waiting for the Device'

Guest Andylee210

Hi guys, anyway to remove any preinstalled apps (ie Talk)? Tried apps, manage apps and uninstall(as I saw someone mention here) but just get an unsuccessful message. with my galaxy s there is sgs tools to remove system/preinstalled stuff...

Guest beegee1962
Hi guys, anyway to remove any preinstalled apps (ie Talk)? Tried apps, manage apps and uninstall(as I saw someone mention here) but just get an unsuccessful message. with my galaxy s there is sgs tools to remove system/preinstalled stuff...

If you have root you can use Root Explorer to remove apps by deleting them from /system/app/.

Or if you use a custom ROM, delete the apps you do not want from the ZIP file before flashing.

Guest simonta

You can also use ROM Manager in "Chuck Norris" mode (in settings).

Guest caber

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking for help. I've tried installing the R8 default on my New Vega (April). After hitting "install-windows.bat" it just says waiting for device and hangs. Any advice? My Vega is connected, USB debugging enabled.

Guest beegee1962
Not sure if this is the right place to be asking for help. I've tried installing the R8 default on my New Vega (April). After hitting "install-windows.bat" it just says waiting for device and hangs. Any advice? My Vega is connected, USB debugging enabled.

Sounds like the usual USB driver problem. Search the forum for YAUDI, that might help you.

Guest Abz2011

Hi, had the same issue. What I done was start the install bat file again on a separate window, and that one ran, while the other was still hanging. Also, yeah make sure you follow the USB guide and have ADB in device manager showing

Guest caber
Sounds like the usual USB driver problem. Search the forum for YAUDI, that might help you.

Thanks. I tried the install drivers guide for XP but hit a wall at point 8. That screen didn't show up on my computer and Advent wasn't listed as a manufacturer. I aborted and followed the Windows 7 guide on another computer and IT WORKED. I now have Market and other stuff. The Vega behaves differently. The screen is more sensitive; and unpredictable things happen - like the media sound volume locks on mute. But a reboot so far has always fixed the problems and I am happy with the result.

So thanks again Paul - this time from a 61 year old fan.

Guest caber
Hi, had the same issue. What I done was start the install bat file again on a separate window, and that one ran, while the other was still hanging. Also, yeah make sure you follow the USB guide and have ADB in device manager showing

Thanks. see my reply to Beegee.

Guest barrydocks
Running ubuntu - and have version 1.9 advent vega

However having difficulty downloading R8 custom bake rom,

I' ve copied and extracted to another directory and once in terminal the process seems to die - this is what is get before it hangs

banyaman@sonyvaio:~/Desktop/Documents/advent$ './install-linux.sh'

Waiting for device... ensure USB Debugging is enabled in Settings-Applications-Development and connect to PC...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

can anyone help please

I have exactly the same problem, any suggestions?

Thanks

Guest Abz2011

Thanks

Not sure if this might help, but read somewhere in this ocean of a forum something about sudo??????

Guest caber

Thanks

It sounds like the problem I had. I followed the advice in this download (see my post a couple of days ago):

YAUDIG[XP][VISTA][7] – USB driver guides, Yet Another USB Driver Install Guide

Guest dudeofrude

Hi guys, only bought my vega 3 days ago and flashed it with this awesome rom after the first few hours ( lack of market was killing it for me). Everything is great im just trying to work out the extras youve added. What im wondering is if theres anyway i can edit or even remove the taskbar at the bottom all the homescreens? Also is there a keyboard avaliable with directional buttons? Thanks in advance

Guest beegee1962
Hi guys, only bought my vega 3 days ago and flashed it with this awesome rom after the first few hours ( lack of market was killing it for me). Everything is great im just trying to work out the extras youve added. What im wondering is if theres anyway i can edit or even remove the taskbar at the bottom all the homescreens? Also is there a keyboard avaliable with directional buttons? Thanks in advance

To get rid of the bottom taskbar you need to change the launcher. Search for VTL launcher (optimized for tablets) or Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher.

A keyboard with directional buttons is the NI keyboard (here is the version I use) or the Smart Keyboard from the market (I use the trial version)

Guest Nemes1s

I use SmartKeyboard Pro. Very good indeed and very customisable in terms of button size etc. Has fully directional buttons too.

I agree fully with beegee1962, LauncherPro is superb for tablets.