[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest andycanada

just wondering if it would be possible when you guys are posting messages to specify if your referring to cm6 or cm7. Sometimes its a bit confusing to determine what rom the posts are about.

Or maybe this topic should be split into two topics?

Edited by andycanada

Guest x.balli.x
Can you upload please :P

fonix already gave the solution ,

take the libs from some other rom /system/lib/hw/lights.msm7k.so and push it using adb

no proximity sensor, i thought i had it working but no

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest whatcolour
fonix already gave the solution ,

take the libs from some other rom /system/lib/hw/lights.msm7k.so and push it using adb

no proximity sensor, i thought i had it working but no

ah, ok then, thought you had proximity working

Am i the only person who gets boot loops after flashing cm7? I wiped everything using the modified clockwork provided, it shows the setup screen and then just keep looping over and over.

same here dude getting boot loop,done complete wipe too,using mod clockwork first post,even tried going to standard partition,still boot loop ?

Guest fox2000
ah, ok then, thought you had proximity working

[cm6]

my proximity sensor seems to work: when I make a call and move it near my cheek, the screen turns off :P

btw, the rom is very unstable and I am experiencing various crashes: on first boot it rebooted on app drawer, then dialer crashed when I tried to make my first call... :|

and my home button turns screen off instead of going to the home screen O_o

Edited by fox2000

Guest whatcolour
[cm6]

my proximity sensor seems to work: when I make a call and move it near my cheek, the screen turns off :P

btw, the rom is very unstable and I am experiencing various crashes: on first boot it rebooted on app drawer, then dialer crashed when I tried to make my first call... :|

and my home button turns screen off instead of going to the home screen O_o

sorry, m8, I was referring to CM7. TBH, I think CM7 is already much better than CM6, definitely worth trying if you had CM6, just follow several of the previous posts to get a few fixes in place

Edited by whatcolour

Guest fox2000
sorry, m8, I was referring to CM7. TBH, I think CM7 is already much better than CM6, definitely worth trying if you had CM6, just follow several of the previous posts to get a few fixes in place

do you think so?

isn't CM7 "really really very buggy"? :P

I think not, TBH CM6.1b2 runs much better than CM7b2.

Guest whatcolour
do you think so?

isn't CM7 "really really very buggy"? :P

you'd be surprised :-) gaming performance is much better as well, Fruit Ninja now plays ever so smoothly!

Guest Azurren
do you think so?

isn't CM7 "really really very buggy"? :huh:

No it's just quite slow :P

And every so often you have to re-open an app / press the homescreen as you get a white / black screen

But the Cyanogen porting process is staggering! :D

Guest whatcolour
I think not, TBH CM6.1b2 runs much better than CM7b2.

I first thought that when I first flashed CM7b2, but after a few tweaks here and there, it's simply great! which one is better might be subjective, but CM6.1b2 is surely not 'much' better :-) CM7b2+tweaks has my vote for sure!

Edited by whatcolour

Guest Frankish
same here dude getting boot loop,done complete wipe too,using mod clockwork first post,even tried going to standard partition,still boot loop ?

Sorted. As mentioned, go to mounts in recovery and format system.

Guest fox2000
I first thought that when I first flashed CM7b2, but after a few tweaks here and there, it's simply great! which one is better might be subjective, but CM6.1b2 is surely not 'much' better :-) CM7b2+tweaks has my vote for sure!

which are the "few tweaks" you are referring to? :P

Does anyone know why I still bootlooping on cm7? I using moded clockwork from first post,done complete wipe,assets disabled. I even tried returning to standard partition?

Does anyone know why I still bootlooping on cm7? I using moded clockwork from first post,done complete wipe,assets disabled. I even tried returning to standard partition?

Did you format /system before installing CM7b2?

Guest x.balli.x

go to recovery....mounts and storage > format /system , /data /cache

thn flash cm7