[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest thecoming

Can anyone upload a rom with the fixes and tweaks built in for cm7? i really want to use it but i feel with things like the stand by button not working is stopping me xD

Guest SWOriginal
Can anyone upload a rom with the fixes and tweaks built in for cm7? i really want to use it but i feel with things like the stand by button not working is stopping me xD

The only thing stopping you? camera dont work, its laggy as hell!, its just not usable enough to use as your main rom... the fixes are throughout the last few pages (if you dont know how to manually do it... well i wouldnt use the rom just yet)

Guest rayraven

People saying 2.3 is laggy, is JIT enabled? Can someone check?

In build.prop, see if

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

Edited by rayraven

Guest Frankish
People saying 2.3 is laggy, is JIT enabled? Can someone check?

In build.prop, see if

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

That's not in build prop but its enabled in cm settings. That line also doesn't seem to appear in aosp Gingerbread either.

Edited by Frankish

Guest fox2000

menus in cm7 are laggy and there are a lot of annoying white screens, but the rom itself isn't laggy at all!

for example, with Wifi, BT, 3g Data, all switched ON, Angry Birds runs "perfectly" (ie. as in other froyo roms) :P

Edited by fox2000

menus in cm7 are laggy and there are a lot of annoying white screens, but the rom itself isn't laggy at all!

for example, with Wifi, BT, 3g Data, all switched ON, Angry Birds runs "perfectly" (ie. as in other froyo roms) :P

Low, 2D performance overall :D

But don't worry mate, it will be sorted I am sure of this !

I can see some reasons why cm7 is slow. The dpi is to low (The small keyboard, etc) which makes it render more stuff on the screen. The second reason is that the theme switcher in cm7 disables resources preloading becuase of the theme engine which will proSPAMbly have some impact on performance. But i havent really looked into it so it might just be some missing compiler optimizations or problems with the graphic libraries.

Guest whatcolour
I can see some reasons why cm7 is slow. The dpi is to low (The small keyboard, etc) which makes it render more stuff on the screen. The second reason is that the theme switcher in cm7 disables resources preloading becuase of the theme engine which will proSPAMbly have some impact on performance. But i havent really looked into it so it might just be some missing compiler optimizations or problems with the graphic libraries.

I tried removing everything related to theme switching and saw no improvement in UI speed. The fact that stock 2.3 launcher works ever so smoothly leads me to think it's related to missing/incompatible graphics libraries.

Edited by whatcolour

Guest punkmilitia

Unnoficial update time!

Cyanogen 7 R2.1 - small update that fixes lights, I will look at the other problems we have and try and fix them later, this is for those too worried to mess around with the files.

BladeCyanogenMod7R2.1

MD5: 1F83EE1A864FB9AD52BAB9B9F8D59E56

Before installing Cyanogen, make sure you have the Latest Clockwork otherwise you will run into problems.

Once you know you have the latest clockwork then simply install Cyanogen then if you want gapps Click Here to download them then simply flash them on with clockwork.

Enjoy :P

Edited by punkmilitia

Guest punkmilitia

Unnoficial update time!

Cyanogen 7 R2.2 - for those who don't want to muck around with the files.

Fixes: Lights, power Button and Keyboard hopefully.

Download: BladeCyanogenMod7R2.2

MD5: 75FC65E04AA1832E6D9798BFBFA19F1C

How to Install:

Before installing CyanogenMod7, make sure you have the Latest Clockwork otherwise you will run into problems.

Once you know you have the latest clockwork then simply install Cyanogen then if you want gapps Click Here to download them then simply flash them on with clockwork.

I can't think of any more issues apart from video and no screen on cam, so this will probably be the last unofficial update from me for this build unless someone mentions some other stuff.,

Guest skymera
Unnoficial update time!

I can't think of any more issues apart from video and no screen on cam, so this will probably be the last unofficial update from me for this build unless someone mentions some other stuff.,

Impressive! Thanks

Guest Pierg75
Unnoficial update time!

Thanks!

Just tried it now, It seems as the keyboard is still small.

I still see the white issue with the applications...I'm downloading all the google apps right now, let's see later how it works.

Pier

Guest lazyliam

just tried flashing this rom using the new link above ive just updated to new clockwork and on reboot it wont pass the cyanogen sign its still trying the bar keeps moving and the guy keep skating along but i wont get passed ?any ideas suggestions please

Unnoficial update time!

Cyanogen 7 R2.1 - small update that fixes lights, I will look at the other problems we have and try and fix them later, this is for those too worried to mess around with the files.

BladeCyanogenMod7R2.1

MD5: 1F83EE1A864FB9AD52BAB9B9F8D59E56

Before installing Cyanogen, make sure you have the Latest Clockwork otherwise you will run into problems.

Enjoy :P

hmm, CM7 just get asked for my SIM Pin over and over with android.phone etc FC'ing then asked for pin again and again. Anyone put this on KK's 128meg system partition, am wondering if it's not enough but winzip says this ROM has around 121meg in /system so should be. Done wipe etc so wondering if it's an issue with Pin enabled sims.

also CM6b2 doesn't see my sdcard

Edited by rjm2k

Unnoficial update time!

I seem to not being able to use this, as it requests me to insert SIM card, while I am not using this one to make calls and such things, I normally only try out apps and other stuff, therefore I didn't care using a sim card.

SO ROM IS NOT FOR ME :P

Guest jonas.lindberg
Unnoficial update time!

Is it required to wipe data before flashing this update if I'm already running the CM7 beta 2?

Guest Pierg75
Unnoficial update time!

I still have the power button issue, the keyboard is still small and it still shows the white screen moving between applications.

In my case it doesn't change very much from the CM7 R2

Guest IronDoc
... wondering if it's not enough but winzip says this ROM has around 121meg in /system so should be...

Sure that isn't compressed at all?

Edit: Can someone test if this issue with the audio channels is fixed. Ie put headphones in a set an alarm or ring phone or something, then see if audio comes out of speakers or headphones.

Edited by IronDoc

Sure that isn't compressed at all?

Edit: Can someone test if this issue with the audio channels is fixed. Ie put headphones in a set an alarm or ring phone or something, then see if audio comes out of speakers or headphones.

I get it out of my headphones !