[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

For those who are interested:

A Multiupload mirror: cyanogen_blade-ota-cm6.1-beta1.1.zip

This is the exact same file as I downloaded from flibblesan's site so the MD5 must be the same!

Edit:

Never mind, the beta2 has just been posted by Tom G.

I will upload to multiupload once I have downloaded the file myself ;)

Edited by LVL91

Nice work!

Do these ROMs fit into a shrinked (128MB) system partition?

Beta 1.1 did but it was very close to the limit. Beta 2 might not fit. I use a 140MB system which is probably a better size.

@Tom G Was just wondering, in your cm7 build does the screen switch off with the power button and get the cool of animation? Just curoius as i remember with your 2.3 AOSP build it didn't

I don't think so. Maybe once EGL is working it might.

The new and much improved CM6 rom is up. See first/second post.

Beta 1.1 did but it was very close to the limit. Beta 2 might not fit. I use a 140MB system which is probably a better size.

I don't think so. Maybe once EGL is working it might.

The new and much improved CM6 rom is up. See first/second post.

Beta2 wont install, it says "Status 7" assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade"

Edited by Ram229

Guest Ashenfall
Beta2 wont install, it says "Status 7" assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade"

From the first post:

It looks like Sebastian's recovery images don't set any identifier values, so the assert in the install script will fails. Either use this modified version of Sebastian's 3.0.0.5 ClockWorkMod until the necessary values are added, or disable asserts before flashing (its an option in the "install zip from sdcard" menu).

Guest sebbo90

On Beta 2: My home button appears to be acting as my power button (although my power button is also being a power button) I'll try a reinstall and see what happens

Edit: After a reinstall the problem still persists

Edited by sebbo90

On Beta 2: My home button appears to be acting as my power button (although my power button is also being a power button) I'll try a reinstall and see what happens

I have the same problem. The problem persists after a reboot.

Guest whatcolour
I have the same problem. The problem persists after a reboot.

Great effort, Tom G! ROM runs really smooth now and gallery loads up instantly!

Other than the home button, I noticed that though auto brightness can be turned on but it doesn't really auto adjust.

Thanks again, m8!

Woah, didn't think this would be working but nice !

Really nice, to have CM6.1 for the ZTE Blade.

Thank you all !

Using Beta2, CM6.1, whenever I press home button it seem to go to sleep.

Edited by Cirno

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Sorry if this is all well known by everyone and I'm repeating it, but for the less well informed, this s the cyanogenmod change log for v.7. As you may see, there are some very interesting features included in it - one notably being stagefright fixes for our cpu, as well as JavaScript improvements, too. In all, quite a lot of pretty epic goodies.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vend.../CHANGELOG.mkdn

Guest hecatae
Sorry if this is all well known by everyone and I'm repeating it, but for the less well informed, this s the cyanogenmod change log for v.7. As you may see, there are some very interesting features included in it - one notably being stagefright fixes for our cpu, as well as JavaScript improvements, too. In all, quite a lot of pretty epic goodies.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vend.../CHANGELOG.mkdn

thanks for that, so is this build based on 6.1.0, 6.1.1, 6.1.2 or 6.1.3?

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
thanks for that, so is this build based on 6.1.0, 6.1.1, 6.1.2 or 6.1.3?

I would have thought 6.1.3, due to him most likely pulling down the most recent version. Or I could be wrong.

This is awesome!

Can anyone give me an idea on Quadrant scores though? I'm putting off installing it till I can get an idea of how stable it is. ;)

I get a score of 426 points, which is about the same with Japanese Jellyfish @ the standard 600Mhz.

Edit: After a reinstall the problem still persists

Sorry about that. When fixing the power button I messed up the home button. I will fix it tomorrow.

Great effort, Tom G! ROM runs really smooth now and gallery loads up instantly!

Other than the home button, I noticed that though auto brightness can be turned on but it doesn't really auto adjust.

Thanks again, m8!

The auto brightness does appear to be working but it needs some calibration. I will look at it later. The light sensor does work.

The proximity sensor works, but isn't being picked up in the phone app. Possibly another calibration issue.

Guest serrias
I get a score of 426 points, which is about the same with Japanese Jellyfish @ the standard 600Mhz.

Im getting around 445, (Which is the highest ive ran without the silly increase in IO scores from the system,

That said, It also seems to run 3d games 10x smoother, for example fruit ninja now runs perfectly whereas it wouldn't on any other roms before,

This seems to be one of the fastest roms yet.

Some Bugs:

Home button acts as power button.

Few apps occasionally force close

Camera (obviously)

Tbh I am amazed at how good this rom is, Thank you so much Tom G.

Brilliant work!

Ok, I just gotta say this. I love you Tom!

My phone has always been a little special with it not sleeping, not on stock rom or any custom rom and it was killing my battery (bloody suspend process running wild when I put the phone to sleep). Beta 1 of this ROM helped a lot, and beta 2 removed the problem completely, I don't know what is different about this rom but it's fixed, I'm so happy right now. ;)

Perfect ROM for me, yes it is!

Quadrant score: 440, used to get around 400 on the custom 2.2 roms.

Edited by exec

Guest whatcolour
Sorry about that. When fixing the power button I messed up the home button. I will fix it tomorrow.

The auto brightness does appear to be working but it needs some calibration. I will look at it later. The light sensor does work.

The proximity sensor works, but isn't being picked up in the phone app. Possibly another calibration issue.

Fab! Here is an odd one, phone gone completely dead when ending a call using the power button, had to remove the battery to restart. Might well be related to the home button issue though.

Guest SWOriginal

HUGE BUG (for me) - Music player does not work with any mp3, this may just be a problem with libOmxMp3Dec.so (seems the culprit for mp3 problems in most roms for the blade)

I have a temporary fix for the wrong homebutton.

Some steps:

1. Download ButtonRemapper from XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850464.

2. Open ButtonRemapper and make sure the 1st column(buttonnumber) matches the 3rd column(function) just like the settings in this picture(tap to configure): buttonremapper1.png

3. Click apply, android will restart now.

Edited by LVL91

Guest oh!dougal

Just to add my congratulations too, Tom.

And ask wtf you think the magic about that Finnish library might be?

Could it be that it was a fix cobbled together by ZTE that accidentally left in some standard calls that ZTE had otherwise 'supplemented' and hence had no need for the original standard entry points?

BTW, since the magic Finnish module had something to do with roaming, has anyone tested the CM beta when roaming?

I have a temporary fix for the wrong homebutton.

A even better fix:

Change

key 102   ENDCALL		   WAKE_DROPPED
to
key 102   HOME			  WAKE

in /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl