[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

I looked at the differences between the used 2.6.32 kernel and cm-kernel, and unfortunately those are much more different than I thought, I wouldn't try to port cm-kernel. However, I found a 2.6.35 kernel which seems to be easily portable. What do you think, is it worth a try or should we wait for 2.6.37 cm-kernel?

Guest mELIANTE
Cm6 is not supported any more by the cyanogenmod team so any new port will never be accepted as official. All focus is on CM7 now.

Wasn't aware of that. Sorry for my "noobism" :D

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
Very odd.. I was in a very dark room when the phone call was received but up until I changed them settings I had no probs. Maybe those settings are not the answer at all and just coincidence that mine froze after changing them.

I'll leave it on these settings for the next few phone calls and if it happens again I'll reset them to what they were at default and try again.

edit.. one last thing.. on that page with the settings the first number was 15 followed by 25 for screen. It would not let it go as low as 15 and would go back to the original number.. lowest I could use was 20.. did you have the same ?

As this all seems to stem from me, all those values were ripped from an arrays.XML file that I was given, but as I was not using cm at the time didn't know it didnt work.

And I'm afraid there's little I cab help with. I think I'm still getting black screen, and auto adjust just isn't working, really :D

Guest rayraven

Great work Tom & Jacob!

On a side note, isnt the proximity sensor that governs when the screen goes off & on during a call and not the light sensor?

So, changing the light sensor calibration values wouldn't affect it?

Guest vareBlade

May i ask something a bit offtopic?

Lets say a new Android version comes and Cyanogen "8" comes with it, will it be able to work on our blades? (if it meets the minimum requirements)

Guest SWOriginal
May i ask something a bit offtopic?

Lets say a new Android version comes and Cyanogen "8" comes with it, will it be able to work on our blades? (if it meets the minimum requirements)

If it meets the minimum requirements then i see no reason why it wouldnt, but... it may or may not be stable, fast, or even usable at all so theres just no knowing until google release either the "2.4 ( supposed gingerbread update)" or the "2.4 ice cream"(next known android version), :D

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Frankish
Is there even a stable CM7 for any phone?

Wouldn't making a stable CM6.1 for our blades easier at this point, making it an officially official device? That way we'd be entertained for a while :D

They are pushing our RC1's for a lot of phones right now i think.

Guest rayraven

^Doubt we'll get the next version in 3 months mate, they said they'll follow a six months cycle, but arent we looking at 2.4 before Ice cream?

My time frame was closer to a year when i said that.

Guest Frankish

Can someone tell me what page number the fix for proximity is on? Each link posted takes me to the main modaco news page and adblock is turned OFF.

Just a page number will suffice.

Guest Frankish

Can someone tell me what page number the fix for proximity is on? Each link posted takes me to the main modaco news page and adblock is turned OFF.

Just a page number will suffice.