[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 [Beta2 - 05 Feb 11] & 7 [Beta3 - 11 Feb 11]

Guest Tom G

Guest suriya83
Dont agree in some cases you need if a app crashes a taskmanager is the way to go.

settings --> applications --> manage applications -->running

then click on app and then force stop

maybe you can also make a shortcut to your home screen of manage applications

or use go launcher

or download one taksmanager!

i don't see where is the problem at all

Edited by suriya83

Guest Mushroom_Lord

FLB FROYO IS MILES BETTER.

The official cyanogen mod is slow, and doesnt even support overclock!?!?! what are the advantages of this laggy 2.3 over a much faster and simpler 2.2!?!?

Guest Pelemane

The official cyanogen mod is slow, and doesnt even support overclock!?!?! what are the advantages of this laggy 2.3 over a much faster and simpler 2.2!?!?

It's slow only if you use that crappy ADW that comes in it.

New nigthly supports overclock.

Games run a lot better on it and it is cool to have CM. :D

Guest Len Ash

In your opinion. CM7 is not exactly there yet, so comparisons are somewhat irrelevant.

And FLB, despite its relative "maturity", is still very much work-in-progress. As are most of the 2.2 ROMs. None of them are 100%.

Different strokes for different folks....

Guest Mushroom_Lord
In your opinion. CM7 is not exactly there yet, so comparisons are somewhat irrelevant.

And FLB, despite its relative "maturity", is still very much work-in-progress. As are most of the 2.2 ROMs. None of them are 100%.

Different strokes for different folks....

Apologies for the ranting.....

Yes, I understand and believe that cyanogen will, be the better tom. However, for the meantime I will continue using froyo, due to the fact it is faster and much simpler.

Also I take put it the beta versions no longer available and you can only download the "official" cyanogen ones?

Edit: Even stupider me, the below use wrong! Anyway I am downloading the latest nightly as we speak.....

Damn...i think somehow I still managed to get the wrong cyanogen zip, I think there are more than one on that site. Maybe that one is faster :D

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Lost_Animal

Yes, I understand and believe that cyanogen will, be the better tom. However, for the meantime I will continue using froyo, due to the fact it is faster and much simpler.

Also I take put it the beta versions no longer available and you can only download the "official" cyanogen ones?

Edit: Even stupider me, the below use wrong! Anyway I am downloading the latest nightly as we speak.....

Damn...i think somehow I still managed to get the wrong cyanogen zip, I think there are more than one on that site. Maybe that one is faster :D

CyanogenMod is still on VERY BETA stage.

So you can't compare it with older 2.2 Froyo mods.

I am sure that in a few weeks CM will be much better than every Froyo releases.

Guest shadowninty
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

disable wallpaper hack in ADW launcher settings

Guest fredewis
How you get wifi-tethering (mobile hotspot) on CM7 ...

1.) You need the "hostapd"-binary from any 2.2-rom (for the zte blade) - it's located in /system/bin (extract it from a update-zip-file).

2.) Now copy the hostapd-binary to /system/bin

adb remount

adb push hostapd /system/bin/.

adb shell chmod 0755 /system/bin/hostapd
3.) Install wifi/wireless-tether from the google-code page - I recommend the latest experimental version (version 3): http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list This version comes with/supports a toggle-widget, infrastructure/master-mode, wpa-encryption, access-control ... and other useful stuff like mss clamping ... IT'S NOT AD-HOC!
adb install wifi_tether_v3_0-pre5.apk

I'm sure it will be integrated into CM7 soon ... but in the meantime ...

Happy Tethering!

........anyway of using terminal emulator on phone...

Guest footynutdyl

just a quick question,

i downloaded cm7 from from manager, just wondering what the superuser option in extras are?

also, with cm7 do you find it sometimes turns off randomly and the only way to reboot is by taking out battery? it is happening to me quite often.

when i reboot it from one of these 'crashes' the widgets on launcherpro say 'unable to load'.