04/Feb Fr1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

My Samsung Apps thing was fixed by installing the Root File Manager and deleting the file mentioned earlier in the thread...

Was wondering what the solution was with the Car Mode, though... Anyone? Should I just get a replacement from the market?

Guest dominationk1
Very nice, feels all very smooth.

was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as me, but the game "tank hero" has not worked since beta 1 and even after full wipes it force closes as soon as i hit the icon. its a really cool game and its a pity it dosent work at all.

can use it with verizon usa.. or is just for gsm????

Guest Desertfox3363

Hi Paul,

I signed up for MoDaCo Ad Free because I wanted my provider-unlocked Galaxy Tab to have a different ROM and to try out the ones that are in the kitchen (hate some of the apps that came with my Tab). I have rooted using SuperOneClickV1.7 and installed ROM Manager. I was following your instructions above and "Rebooted into Recovery" from ROM Manager but there was no "Nandroid Backup" or any backup option available from the menu ! The only options I get are: 1) reboot system now; 2) apply sdcard:update.zip; 3) wipe data/factory reset; and 4) wipe cache partition.

I'm stuck and wouldn't want to continue until I know that I have a backup in place in case something goes wrong. Please let me know how to proceed. Any advise/tip/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Romel

Guest UKJeeper

Having an odd problem. I've successfully installed Pauls kernel and the custom rom. However now the Tab is not 'seeing' the phone/3g part. WiFi's fine. just the GSM part. Baseband is shown as 'unknown'. Is there a modem.bin i can access?

Any help please?

Edit. Never mind, found it. All sorted.

Edited by UKJeeper

Guest budalica
I have tried the kernel rfs and ext4 convert and both fail in odin and also this rom with ext4 convert but i cant get cwm to work it just will not install is this because i have samfirmware JMI rom installed after i bricked it trying to do the rfs kernel first how can i rectify this

mifran

Maybe this comes late maybe you fixed it .... get a load of this

http://theunlockr.com/category/howto/andro...xy-tab-how-tos/

Guest tralivali

I wanted to fix the GPS.

I enter *#*#3214789650#*#*

It shows me a message: com.sec.android.app.servicemodeapp stopped.

And I get nothing.

It seems LbaTestMode does not work.

Why?

I'm using the latest Modaco kitchen firmware.

Guest budalica

I love the rom . There is virtually no FCS and no errors and it's fast .. BUT . The screen is little jerky when you move it up and down and on the browser . any way to increase FPS or smooth out a screen somehow ??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eclipseman1980

I KEEP GETTING

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted

What am i doing wrong

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scottN0H

I bought my tab last february from ebay.

It was rooted by previous user using MoDaCo Rom. I have used it very well.

I can make and receive a call by this thab.(I'm tmobile user)

But...

I taped the button "factory data reset!" few days ago.

After that, phone calls and receiving calls are still working. On the contrary, there is no button "Market", I also cannot install some applications using "*.apk" files. What's the problem??

I am not good at rooting or hacking this android device, but I am trying to act for my tab.

can you help me? :mellow:

Edited by scottN0H

Guest stevenz
I KEEP GETTING

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted

What am i doing wrong

a) Don't quote 2 screens of text to merely add a few lines.

:mellow: Check the md5 on the file to make sure it matches (http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/md5sums/) - if not, try redownloading it, I've found that the fileservers here often drop out before downloads complete.

Guest stevenz
I bought my tab last february from ebay.

It was rooted by previous user using MoDaCo Rom. I have used it very well.

I can make and receive a call by this thab.(I'm tmobile user)

But...

I taped the button "factory data reset!" few days ago.

After that, phone calls and receiving calls are still working. On the contrary, there is no button "Market", I also cannot install some applications using "*.apk" files. What's the problem??

I am not good at rooting or hacking this android device, but I am trying to act for my tab.

can you help me? :mellow:

Seeing as you're posting in a ROM topic, why not download and reflash the ROM? It sounds like something strange has been done to it. The instructions are pretty straightforward as per the original post.

About the only thing you need to know is turning the tab on while holding down the volume-up button puts it into recovery mode.

Guest seanchk

Oh boy am I having problems....

Earlier today I successfully upgraded my Galaxy Tab to use the overcome rom, played around with that a bit then thought I'd try the MoDaCo rom (mainly because I liked the idea of baking a rom *without* all the apps that Samsung include)

So I paid my 29.99 and downloaded a new rom

Followed all the instructions but got stuck when recovery said it couldn't mount /sdcard

Now my phone seems to be bricked....

I'm stuck (or rather it is) on the Samsung screen and just keeps sitting there with the occasional flash (which I assume is it looping)

Can someone please help as this is my only phone and without it I am stuck big time :-(

Thanks in advance

Sean

Guest jda180
Oh boy am I having problems....

Earlier today I successfully upgraded my Galaxy Tab to use the overcome rom, played around with that a bit then thought I'd try the MoDaCo rom (mainly because I liked the idea of baking a rom *without* all the apps that Samsung include)

Followed all the instructions but got stuck when recovery said it couldn't mount /sdcard

Silly question - you had a large enough external sd-card inserted?

And made a backup first?

Try recovering to your previous ROM...

Jonathan

Guest seanchk
Silly question - you had a large enough external sd-card inserted?

And made a backup first?

Try recovering to your previous ROM...

Jonathan

I had no external SD-Card inserted, there was nothing to say I needed one and I had already read about flashing other roms with no mention of needing an external SD card.

I had also successfully 'upgraded' my tab with another rom so I was pretty confident that I knew what I was doing and could follow the instructions.

I had a backup (registered titanium backup and the nandroid backup from recovery)... of course they are no longer relevant.

My Tab is now stuck on the 'phone - warning - PC' screen

I've read every thing I can find on fixing this and nothing helps.

Odin won't see it, Kies won't see it

This really sucks :-(

Its 5am and I have a 10am meeting..... can't sleep though cos I need my phone working

Thanks for the comment

Sean

Guest jda180
I had no external SD-Card inserted, there was nothing to say I needed one and I had already read about flashing other roms with no mention of needing an external SD card.

I had also successfully 'upgraded' my tab with another rom so I was pretty confident that I knew what I was doing

"Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - your device will auto convert to EXT4 on installation. You MUST have a microSD installed with enough space to back up your /data and /system partitions!"

Quote from Paul's original post...

Good luck - try again with a an SD card inserted. It's needed to support the upgrade.

Jonathan

Guest seanchk
"Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - your device will auto convert to EXT4 on installation. You MUST have a microSD installed with enough space to back up your /data and /system partitions!"

Quote from Paul's original post...

Good luck - try again with a an SD card inserted. It's needed to support the upgrade.

Jonathan

Thanks for the advice Jonathan.

I took my bricked (it would not go past the "phone - warning - PC" or the "Power Reset or Unknown Download Mode" screens) Tab to Samsung's repair center here in Bangkok, the girl took one look at it and said the engineer would put the OS back on in 2 hours. 45 minutes later they sent me a text message saying it was ready to collect.

Came back with

Firmware Version - 2.2

Baseband Version - P1000DXKM1

Kernel Version - 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S604 #3

Build Number - FROYO.DXKM3

I should have purchased a microSD card whilst I was out but can do that next time.

Having a problem rooting the device using Kies 2.0.0.11044_11 and SuperOneClick vers. 1.7 or 1.91 Any advice to get properly rooted would be great.

Cheers,

Sean

Guest jda180

Hi Sean

Glad you've got it working again.

I rooted using the Visionary app available from this site.

Paul's tweeted that he's planning a new release so maybe wait before you upgrade again - though the current release works pretty well. You might find it a good idea to read the whole MCR r1 thread before flashing this time.

Jonathan

Guest Gobert

Hi Paul!

Today was my first day doing a more serious research about my Galaxy Tab...to have such an expensive gadget, you have to put it into your routine, otherwise...

Well, I came here and signed up since this forum looked pretty nice to me.

After reading your post, I followed the instructions and downloaded a baked version of your rom, copied it into the sd card, performed the recovery boot (not using clockworkmod, since the boot into recovery is not working) and when I select the update zip I get an error, saying the zip file cannot be found.

I have a galaxy tab GT-P1000, com Froyo.JPJJ2, FIRMWARE 2.2, kernel 2.6.32.9root@mea04#1 and using Launcherpro.

My computer is a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.

Thanks,

Gobert

Guest Dan Mullen

In Paul's original post he says that we need to have CWM Recovery installed, either through MCK or ROM Manager. I have ROM Manager but I get the impression that the "Galaxy Tab - T-Mobile" recovery listed is for US users. Can I safely flash this recovery to my UK T-Mobile Tab? If not, what's the best way of getting a custom recovery on my Tab?

Thanks,

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
Guest arunshen
In Paul's original post he says that we need to have CWM Recovery installed, either through MCK or ROM Manager. I have ROM Manager but I get the impression that the "Galaxy Tab - T-Mobile" recovery listed is for US users. Can I safely flash this recovery to my UK T-Mobile Tab? If not, what's the best way of getting a custom recovery on my Tab?

Thanks,

Dan

Gosh, it's quiet in here!

Either via Odin, or with a Euro Tab Bootstrapper app in the Market. I initially used the Euro Tab Bootstrapper option and used Paul's MCR for a while. I've since gone down the Overcome route (had to use ODIN, which worked well enough). The Overcome ROM seems more responsive to me, plus it's 2.3

Guest nmesisca
Gosh, it's quiet in here!

Either via Odin, or with a Euro Tab Bootstrapper app in the Market. I initially used the Euro Tab Bootstrapper option and used Paul's MCR for a while. I've since gone down the Overcome route (had to use ODIN, which worked well enough). The Overcome ROM seems more responsive to me, plus it's 2.3

Im waiting for Paul to come out with his MCR based on gingerbread.

I think I have the flasher's hitch.. :D hopefully MCR will be out soon..