Calls and texts after 2.1 upgrade not coming through

Guest abyssunderground

Guest abyssunderground

Hello all,

I've recently updated to 2.1 via various methods, both the LG official ROM and some custom ROM's from this forum, however all have the same issue.

When the phone is left idle, no calls or SMS's are received. This happens in 2g and 3g mode.

The phone came back from LG today after being "repaired". They have changed the ROM on the phone to a later version, but the same thing happens. It did however fix some other issues I was having (Email layouts, mobile data > wifi > mobile data switching). But the calls and texts are still an issue and it's getting really annoying. I need to have a phone that is reliable enough to accept calls.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? It didn't happen on 1.6, and I have read on other forums that I'm not the only person having this issue. At first I thought it was because the data connection was preventing incoming calls, but it does it all of the time when the phone is idle. If I turn the screen on, the phone eventually allows incoming calls. Some say its LG's fault, some say O2, and some blame both. This isn't right so there must be something more going on.

If I use my old trust Sony Ericsson phone it accepts calls and texts just fine (it's 2g only).

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Andy

Guest abyssunderground

I may have come up with a temporary solution. It's not great, but it appears to have helped.

Set the mobile data to "Always Ask" and select "no" when you're not using mobile data. This will stop background data such as e-mail from working, but should allow calls and SMS.

I will report back if I find any issues with this temporary solution.

If anyone else has any ideas, please do reply.

Guest Rikki B
I may have come up with a temporary solution. It's not great, but it appears to have helped.

Set the mobile data to "Always Ask" and select "no" when you're not using mobile data. This will stop background data such as e-mail from working, but should allow calls and SMS.

I will report back if I find any issues with this temporary solution.

If anyone else has any ideas, please do reply.

I had the same problem twice! had to get a replacement both times because I couldn't find what was causing it.

Edit: I'm on Orange not o2.

Edited by Rikki B

Guest Simon  P
I've got the same problem! I'm on O2 Germany.

Rikki, now with the new replaced phone, is it fixed?

I had a similar problem with mine on Orange UK but it disappeared when I got the phone unlocked so I can use foreign SIM's when I'm abroad. I'm not sure if it was the solution or just a coincidence the problem went away.

Guest abyssunderground

I believe my phone is already unlocked so I shouldn't be having this issue if that were the case. Perhaps just coincidence?

It looks like after my afternoon of tests yesterday that turning mobile data to "always ask" or "always off" does work. It's slightly annoying but it's a small price to pay to have a reliable phone again.

I'll do more tests today with data back on and see if it stops working again.