Anyone using the Samsung Mobile Print app? How?

Guest KevinCTofel

Guest KevinCTofel

Thanks to Paul's MCR, my T-Mobile USA Galaxy Tab has Samsung's mobile printing app. And, as luck would have it, I have a Samsung laser printer on my home network: shared via the iMac it's connected to. Only thing is: the mobile app never sees the printer. Anyone have experience configuring or troubleshooting? I thought maybe there's some server app that has to run on the connected computer, but I can't find a even the smallest bit of info on Samsung's support site. Thanks in advance!

Guest cellgak
Thanks to Paul's MCR, my T-Mobile USA Galaxy Tab has Samsung's mobile printing app. And, as luck would have it, I have a Samsung laser printer on my home network: shared via the iMac it's connected to. Only thing is: the mobile app never sees the printer. Anyone have experience configuring or troubleshooting? I thought maybe there's some server app that has to run on the connected computer, but I can't find a even the smallest bit of info on Samsung's support site. Thanks in advance!

I am in the same fix. I have a T-Mobile MyTouch 4G that I just installed this app on, but it never finds the printer either.

I had installed another app (Print Bot) and it gave the option of manually entering the Network Address of the printer. It printed, but only in Black & White, and they wanted money to print more than 3 times.

I sure hope Samsung issues an upgrade or some other fix for this 'cause I too have a Samsung Laser Printer.

Guest seamonkey420

same here. i have an epson and connected to a pc that i am using and sharing it via Windows 7. i wonder if we have to connect the printer to our routers to get it to work? or perhaps the lpd print sharing? i'm doing some messing around w/my setup tonight and wlll report any successes i may have. :D

Guest bcmobile

I don't think it works with shared print queues (ie those shared by your OS). It would need to be a wifi or ethernet printer connected to the same network as your Tab

Guest cellgak
I don't think it works with shared print queues (ie those shared by your OS). It would need to be a wifi or ethernet printer connected to the same network as your Tab

I finally figured that out. Therefore, I have moved on to the Cloud Print App, which handles this issue just fine.