StreakDroid 1.7.0 ( aka HD7 Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

mine locks up too....I'm still testing....I get to the desktop, but as soon as I do something or hit menu/home, ect... It locks up!

perfmod

adwlauncher

bios

volboost

tabmail

post-770071-1297034390_thumb.png

This is what I get after boot up... the AUO_TOUCH is when I touch anything on the screen....

you'll get the same on any build from dells sources... its been there since a long long time ago :P

Guest auswims
The menu issue was also there for 161...

easy solution..

use the sliders that are there.. don't press the menu key

Actually, menu to unlock worked flawlessly on 1.6.1

Guest trhildebrand96

Anyone got HDMI video out working? I ran the script, but it dosen't work in Music (using HDMI button gives "No Connection Detected"), Videos, DRM Player, or in RockPlayer (I knew it wouldn't here.)

Edited by trhildebrand96

Guest trhildebrand96

I tried running the app before and after connecting HDMI; it didn't work. Could the problem be my dock? The cable and monitor work fine with my computer. I also tried runnning the HDMI test in Fastboot and it worked (saw the color bars).

Guest jsm7483

**Disregard found some more info in post regarding dial app from Steve. Just leaving this here for reference**

Been a loyal follower since the first beta's were up for Froyo. Below is just my observations of 1.7.0.

- 240 DPI does not play nicely with ADW, in terms of fit and finish, but works great with gingerbread launcher.

- 160 DPI does not work with dialer correctly (the buttons smashed onto the bottom of the screen), but the dialer was nice. Landscape kinda sucked but I really liked it in portrait and the call screen was very polished.

Overall I didn't mind 1.7.0 but rolled back to 1.6.1 just because this seemed more of a 240 DPI release. If the dialer would play nice at 160 DPI I would've stuck with 1.7.0 but the buttons got all smashed up and you couldn't read the text. (These were the buttons on the in progress call screen, are they supposed to scale also?)

Also my data dropped inconsistently and could not be revived without powering down.

Edited by jsm7483

Guest foxhoundep3
**Disregard found some more info in post regarding dial app from Steve. Just leaving this here for reference**

Been a loyal follower since the first beta's were up for Froyo. Below is just my observations of 1.7.0.

- 240 DPI does not play nicely with ADW, in terms of fit and finish, but works great with gingerbread launcher.

- 160 DPI does not work with dialer correctly (the buttons smashed onto the bottom of the screen), but the dialer was nice. Landscape kinda sucked but I really liked it in portrait and the call screen was very polished.

Overall I didn't mind 1.7.0 but rolled back to 1.6.1 just because this seemed more of a 240 DPI release. If the dialer would play nice at 160 DPI I would've stuck with 1.7.0 but the buttons got all smashed up and you couldn't read the text. (These were the buttons on the in progress call screen, are they supposed to scale also?)

Also my data dropped inconsistently and could not be revived without powering down.

you could have installed the stock dialer app by selecting in from your installer.txt.

but like you i went back to 1.6.1 as well because of issues with the keyboard, I couldnt select different keyboards, also had issues rebooting.

Guest phenomboy

Seems like i'm on 140 screen density, did factory reset, get back to 1.6.1 then reflashed to 1.7.0 but nothing has changed. I still got the same huge icons !

Anyone have the same issue and how to fix it ? (also tried modify build.prop with root explorer but lcd_density is set to 240)

adwlauncher

density240

volboost

tabmail

bios

Guest Stephen Hyde

icons will be huge at 240, the lcd_density works backwards ie larger number is eqivilent to lower res (bigger icons) and smaller num is higher

Guest phenomboy
icons will be huge at 240, the lcd_density works backwards ie larger number is eqivilent to lower res (bigger icons) and smaller num is higher

Lol thanx Hyde i was on my Blond mode

Guest baastien

All data wifi and GPS issues fixed with reinstalling and then factory reset. FC at first boot and libskia libs needed to be fix again.

Since I did that, everything works great !

Thank you guys.

Guest auswims
Not according to some of the errors posted to pastebin it didn't.... Exactly the same exception error

Sorry about that. I should have added "on my unit". I started using menu to un lock prior to 1.5.x and this is the first time I have ever had any issues with it.

Would be great to have it working.

Guest LorD CLockaN

I did a nandroid restore back to 1.6.1

1.7.0 was draining my battery like mad... in standby in 6 hours about 25%

I installed only adw ex, widgetsoid, root explorer and setcpu...

That was after 2 factory resets and few reboots..

And quadrant scores with I/O were lower, sluggish window transitions... perfmod was enabled...

And that was all with my gorilla glass broken :P

edit:

and yes, strek 7 dialer doesn't fit well in 160dpi and it's very anoying if I want to end call I must press menu, than End Call...

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest cowballz
I did a nandroid restore back to 1.6.1

1.7.0 was draining my battery like mad... in standby in 6 hours about 25%

I installed only adw ex, widgetsoid, root explorer and setcpu...

That was after 2 factory resets and few reboots..

And quadrant scores with I/O were lower, sluggish window transitions... perfmod was enabled...

And that was all with my gorilla glass broken :P

edit:

and yes, strek 7 dialer doesn't fit well in 160dpi and it's very anoying if I want to end call I must press menu, than End Call...

U can download dialerone as the dialer , also i have hit the end button with my cheak many times so having ro hit menu first is a plus

Guest LorD CLockaN

I allready use dialer one and I could ylso install 1.7.0 with stock dialer, but I was just saying my opinion..

Not dialer screen, but screen while you talk to someune.. and how can you hit end call key with your cheek when the screen is off??

Guest spacecat46

Is the general consensus that this one is too problematic?

I'm very happy on 1.6.0. but only want to update if its a significant improvement all round

Guest Molesticus

I tried 1.6.1 and it froze at the start up logo, the 'DJ_Steve' glows for a bit and then freezes and it doesn't start up. Installed 1.7.0 and it does the exact same thing. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?

Guest ClippinWings

I've now attempted to install this several times.

1st try: completely unresponsive after boot, hardware and screen buttons do nothing

Nandroid

2nd try: locks up on streakdroid screen for 30+minutes

Pull battery, reboot

completely unresponsive after boot, hardware and screen buttons do nothing

Nandroid

3rd try: locks up on streakdroid screen for 30+minutes

Pull battery, reinstall 1.7.1

everything works, SWEET ROM... Until the unit sleeps and the screen goes black... button works to wake it up, but then completely unresponsive, hardware and screen buttons do nothing

Nandroid

I'll go back and read this thread to see if others have the same issues... just wanted to put it out there for Steve and Fards