StreakDroid 1.7.0 ( aka HD7 Edition ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest rockymtnbri
Is the general consensus that this one is too problematic?

I'm very happy on 1.6.0. but only want to update if its a significant improvement all round

I'm in the same boat - after the heartburn I got from 1.6.1 (twice) I've decided to stick with 1.6.0 for the duration.

Guest ClippinWings
This could explain my issues.

I was wrong.

This was not the problem.

Just tried to install again and got the same unresponsive device after boot.

Well PERFMOD enabled! great speed!

I still think steve should have called it placebo, not perfmod...

Theres no real world speed body from it, quadrant just reads from the cache.

161 is a bit smoother than 170 on ui because 170 has the kgsl perpage process disabled, to let badly written gameloft games to work...

I have a kernel with it enabled and 170 it's faster smoother and more stable with it.

Most of the issues ive seen reported so far are down to something the user has done, the menu on lockscreen is a but odd, but I still dont see any reason for pressing it

Guest superutp

161 is a bit smoother than 170 on ui because 170 has the kgsl perpage process disabled, to let badly written gameloft games to work...

I have a kernel with it enabled and 170 it's faster smoother and more stable with it.

Most of the issues ive seen reported so far are down to something the user has done, the menu on lockscreen is a but odd, but I still dont see any reason for pressing it

hmmm interesting..

Guest alexmoi

While using apps when i press the back button on the streak sometimes the notification bar will pop up in front of the app and stay there until you close the app. Anybody have this prob?

Guest LorD CLockaN

Steve should do the install option with our kernel!

1.7.0 was kind a sluggish for me and don't play games

Guest alert_bri
While using apps when i press the back button on the streak sometimes the notification bar will pop up in front of the app and stay there until you close the app. Anybody have this prob?

Yes, I've seen this a few times.

Guest mmmputch

Could you please share how to enable the kgsl perpage process or share the kernel? I don't game at all and would like the smoothness of 1.6.1 back.

@Steve

Could you please give the option to re enable this for the users who don't game at all and want smoother performance please?

Thanks

Edited by mmmputch

Guest killerbz

Okay 1st I would like to say that I love Steve's ROMs, but 1.7 has been giving me some issues.

My install file has the following:

Transparent

Zeam (which I love by the way)

us140

volboost

bios

noswype

perfmod

Everythign was perfect for the 1st few hours, then I started to get fc on the dialer everytime I used it, that resolved itself after an hour.

Now today my phone is restarting over and over again and eating battery like crazy! The after about 5 restarts the screen goes black and I have to pull the battery to get it going again, only to have the restart issue start.

I read all the posts and there was 1 mention of this issue, but nobody responded.......any suggestions...Fards/Steve?

Guest killerbz
Okay 1st I would like to say that I love Steve's ROMs, but 1.7 has been giving me some issues.

My install file has the following:

Transparent

Zeam (which I love by the way)

us140

volboost

bios

noswype

perfmod

Everythign was perfect for the 1st few hours, then I started to get fc on the dialer everytime I used it, that resolved itself after an hour.

Now today my phone is restarting over and over again and eating battery like crazy! The after about 5 restarts the screen goes black and I have to pull the battery to get it going again, only to have the restart issue start.

I read all the posts and there was 1 mention of this issue, but nobody responded.......any suggestions...Fards/Steve?

I tried re-flashing...factory restart?

Guest kirkla79
Could you please share how to enable the kgsl perpage process or share the kernel? I don't game at all and would like the smoothness of 1.6.1 back.

@Steve

Could you please give the option to re enable this for the users who don't game at all and want smoother performance please?

Thanks

I also miss the smoothness of 1.6.1 and dont care about gameloft games. It would be nice to have this enabled again. (only game I care about is Angry Birds)

Guest alert_bri
for me battery life is great. I'm over 16h and i'm at 67% and i always have wifi and gps on and i use it regularly

Ouch, I'm running at 1.2GHz, play music all day at full blast on my internal speaker while browsing the net, full on facebook, twitter and several news feeds and I'm at 98.7% after 3 days!

Oh, and I have over 300 apps loaded ;-)

Lol

Edited by alert_bri

Guest killerbz
Go back to 1.6.1, fastest, most stable and smooth ROM imo

May have to do that...bummer, this is the 1st time I have had to revert to a previous ROM because of issues.

I am going to play around and see if I can get it to stop.

Guest bhull521
Ouch, I'm running at 1.2GHz, play music all day at full blast on my internal speaker while browsing the net, full on facebook, twitter and several news feeds and I'm at 98.7% after 3 days!

Lol

Your joking right?

Guest Spectre51

Lol

Don't know why but I doubt your stats.....you're saying you haven't plugged it in during those three days of listening to music all day and surfing the net and you are at 98.7.......call me suspicious.

Guest alexmoi
Don't know why but I doubt your stats.....you're saying you haven't plugged it in during those three days of listening to music all day and surfing the net and you are at 98.7.......call me suspicious.

And i thought that 16h and still over the half point was alot lol

I've been going for months without recharging. My bluetooth, wifi, gps, and missile launcher is on. I threw out my charger because I just don't image I'll ever need it.

Edited by kentt

Guest RSullivan

Lol

Yeah I'm suspicious of this too, even running in airplane mode.... Post a shot of your battery usage screen for proof.

I get about 24-30 hours on 1.6.1 overclocked to 1.15 with moderate use and a few background apps running.