[ROM] CM7 Liquid (kang) 1.2.18 -CM7RC1-

Guest koudelka

Guest koudelka
use liquid settings to enable compcache

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ttings-v-0-4-2/

in setcpu, choose nexus one as your device

CM7 has native compcache settings in Cyanogenmodsettings - Performance. I recommend using this instead of liquid settings. (Liquid settings compcache option is made for other roms that does not have such settings by default, like MIUI)

I experienced wired reboots once or twice a day. It usually happen when it was idle, I noticed that because reboot was not successful (problem of my A1, soft reboot not successfully sometimes, halt on Acer logo without back light, not caused by the ROM)

I am using the latest kernel(1.2.13) with compcache enabled, OC to 998mhz and using interactive governor.

try lowering your cpu speed, not all phones are stable at that frequency. (usually best to see if you can reproduce problem with default clock settings)

Edited by koudelka

Guest koudelka
Applications like xbmc remote / transoid do not work anymore. They launch but do not connect to the server. i have attached the logcat

are you connected to wifi?

wifi not obtaining IP address :D it stays on obtaining IP address and then drops..

are you sure you entered the correct passkey? if it is wrong it don't takes an ip address, it will not say your passkey is wrong.

i'm using it succesfully with wpa2-psk encryption.

Guest The Duke of Hazard
CM7 has native compcache settings in Cyanogenmodsettings - Performance. I recommend using this instead of liquid settings. (Liquid settings compcache option is made for other roms that does not have such settings by default, like MIUI)

Koud, i noticed that when you go in Cyanogenmodsettings - Performance-cpu settings the Cyanogenmodsettings menu crashes and force closes!

Guest fear_factory84
Applications like xbmc remote / transoid do not work anymore. They launch but do not connect to the server. i have attached the logcat

Are you connected at your wifi? Can you reach with web browser http://192.168.1.2:8080 ?

It seems the phone can't contact that address.

also for me cyanogenmod -> performance -> cpu settings -> FC

same here with logcat (seems a kernel lack):

I/ActivityManager(  158): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/.activities.CPUActivity } from pid 5984
E/CPUSettings( 5984): IO Exception when reading /sys/ file
E/CPUSettings( 5984): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies (No such file or directory)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.open(Native Method)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at dalvik.system.BlockGuard$WrappedFileSystem.open(BlockGuard.java:232)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:80)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:132)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:66)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at com.cyanogenmod.cmparts.activities.CPUActivity.readOneLine(CPUActivity.java:145)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at com.cyanogenmod.cmparts.activities.CPUActivity.onCreate(CPUActivity.java:52)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1706)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1768)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:123)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:936)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3812)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)
E/CPUSettings( 5984): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
D/AndroidRuntime( 5984): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 5984): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/com.cyanogenmod.cmparts.activities.CPUActivity}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1752)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1768)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:936)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3812)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at com.cyanogenmod.cmparts.activities.CPUActivity.onCreate(CPUActivity.java:52)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1706)
E/AndroidRuntime( 5984): ... 11 more
W/ActivityManager( 158): Force finishing activity com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/.activities.CPUActivity
W/ActivityManager( 158): Force finishing activity com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/.activities.PerformanceSettingsActivity
D/dalvikvm( 5984): GC_CONCURRENT freed 169K, 52% free 2744K/5639K, external 883K/1033K, paused 3ms+28ms
W/ActivityManager( 158): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{408be710 com.cyanogenmod.cmparts/.activities.CPUActivity}[/codebox]

also for me...

OPS...

sorry, all .... I thought you were always speaking of the menu indicated by Koudelka, to activate the compcache ..... I felt strange, I was the only one that works .... my bad ... :D

FC then to me, opening that menu. :D

Short feedback:

I installed it yesterday and I am still completely excited :D

All important things work fine so far (except the mentioned bugs in the first topic) and the speed is just tremendous! I especially like the possibility to change a playing song with the volume keys, great work!

But I have determined some minor problems:

• Gmail was missing. I expected it to be included in the google apps package. Is that wrong?
  • DSPManager doesn't work; it just causes a forced close. Since I installed the latest version, I am able to start it, but dynamic range compression has an very extreme effect now. Even on the weakest intensity, it almost destroys my earphones - or at least my ears :)
  • SetCPU just works fine, in particular overlocking :D But the interactive governor is buggy. I made my phone change the profile to "powersaving" when the screen turns off. When I turn it on again, the interactive governor is shown in SetCPU, but the clock frequency stays at the min value. When I choose the ondemand governor, everything works as expected.

also google search and chrome to phone need to be integrated into the rom to get them working.

right now i moved apks to /system/app to get them working (same issue with chrome2phone with other roms where it is missing)

Guest The Duke of Hazard
Realized the gmail not syncing was a simple fix but theres still the handcent notification light issue, just so that is cleared up :D

Use Go sms, it is the BEST sms app and the led light works perfectly

Guest koudelka
Short feedback:

I installed it yesterday and I am still completely excited :D

All important things work fine so far (except the mentioned bugs in the first topic) and the speed is just tremendous! I especially like the possibility to change a playing song with the volume keys, great work!

But I have determined some minor problems:

• Gmail was missing. I expected it to be included in the google apps package. Is that wrong?
  • DSPManager doesn't work; it just causes a forced close. Since I installed the latest version, I am able to start it, but dynamic range compression has an very extreme effect now. Even on the weakest intensity, it almost destroys my earphones - or at least my ears :)
  • SetCPU just works fine, in particular overlocking :D But the interactive governor is buggy. I made my phone change the profile to "powersaving" when the screen turns off. When I turn it on again, the interactive governor is shown in SetCPU, but the clock frequency stays at the min value. When I choose the ondemand governor, everything works as expected.

We include minimal google apps (basically just market and maps permission) Gmail and other applications can be downloaded from maket for the people who wants that.

also google search and chrome to phone need to be integrated into the rom to get them working.

right now i moved apks to /system/app to get them working (same issue with chrome2phone with other roms where it is missing)

Humn? you can just install them from market, works great for me. There is no need to have them in system/app

Guest The Duke of Hazard
Koud, i noticed that when you go in Cyanogenmodsettings - Performance-cpu settings the Cyanogenmodsettings menu crashes and force closes!

Force close on me too.. :)

also for me cyanogenmod -> performance -> cpu settings -> FC

also for me...

OPS...

sorry, all .... I thought you were always speaking of the menu indicated by Koudelka, to activate the compcache ..... I felt strange, I was the only one that works .... my bad ... :D

FC then to me, opening that menu. :D

Humn? you can just install them from market, works great for me. There is no need to have them in system/app

:D it was not working for me until i moved them to system/app ...

same behavrior as with t&l rom :|

maybe a different version on market?