Huawei UM840 stuck at bootscreen after hard reset.

Guest gustavoi

Guest gustavoi

Hi, Good Morning! I'm from Venezuela, Huawei launched a phone called UM840 based on the U8500, i had it rooted, and i was trying to instal some apps, then it said i had low space, so i unninstalled some apps, after i did that, i went to the menu, and saw that my widget control for turning ON/OFF the Wi-Fi, GPS, Updating, was gone! then i tried to add it again, and it wasn't on the "menu - widgets".

Then i tried to turn off my wi-fi and realized i couldn't enter in the "Menu (buttom), Settings" cause it said something live "Menu Canvas Android.Launcher ended abrouptly" then i went to the menu (Touchpad), and the "settings" icon was gone! after that i was like... Ok, something is wrong, let me do a hard-reset (BAD CHOICE).

And after i did wipe data cache, hard reset, my phone rebooted and then i saw the initial steps when you first boot, but i can't pass the fourth option, i click on the "Skip" buttom and it doesn't do anything! I need some help guys! sorry about the loooong explanation, but i wanted to be specific, i'm new to android, i had the celphone only 5 days, and now is stuck :P, it seriously have zero scratches, ok, i'm getting sentimental, Hope you can help me with this problem.

Edit: I found the firmware i think, for my phone, http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/down...R001C32B251.zip

What can i do with that?

Thanks,

Gustavo.

Edited by gustavoi

Guest gustavoi

Thanks for the reply guys... very helpful.

Anyways, as i found out, that .zip from Huawei did the trick.

i had to force update the phone.

I downloaded the Zip file, extracted it and moved the dload folder to the root of the SD card (With a card reader off course, btw, i formated my card, FAT format, don't know if matters, but i did.)

Then i inserted the SD Card.

(With the phone turned OFF) Pressed "Vol up" + "End" while turning on my phone, Everything fixed!

Edit: We can now use this topic to talk about this phone instead? If mods allow this? Thanks!

Edited by gustavoi

Guest xtremepr0

I downloaded the Zip file, extracted it and moved the dload folder to the root of the SD card (With a card reader off course, btw, i formated my card, FAT format, don't know if matters, but i did.)

(With the phone turned OFF) Pressed "Vol up" + "End" while turning on my phone, Everything fixed!

Edit: We can now use this topic to talk about this phone instead? If mods allow this? Thanks!

Hi gustavo, im José, de CARACAS!! xD... i also bough this phone and i wan't to know how you rooted it??? Also, do you know if there is a froyo rom available? Thx in advance...

Guest AntonioPT

First of all, this is a Huawei U8220 forum. 99% of the people here don't even have your phone; how can you expect anyone to help you?

Secondly, most of the people on these forums are helpful and friendly guys. If no one has replied to you it's because it's the wrong forum.

Please don't act like this, it's bad mood for every forum/community. Most of the people help because they want, not because they have to.

Guest gustavoi
First of all, this is a Huawei U8220 forum. 99% of the people here don't even have your phone; how can you expect anyone to help you?

Secondly, most of the people on these forums are helpful and friendly guys. If no one has replied to you it's because it's the wrong forum.

Please don't act like this, it's bad mood for every forum/community. Most of the people help because they want, not because they have to.

Like i said, this celphone is rare, it's not avaliable in other countries yet, so i dropped it here, since they are a little similar and made by Huawei. My question was generical, a newbie asking what to do if your phone doesn't start, but anyways... i admit i was having a rough day and dropped that little sarcasm, sorry. And another question, if i have more doubts about my phone where should i post them?

Edited by gustavoi

Guest gustavoi
Hi gustavo, im José, de CARACAS!! xD... i also bough this phone and i wan't to know how you rooted it??? Also, do you know if there is a froyo rom available? Thx in advance...

Its very simple.

- Just download Superoneclick (Newest version 1.6.5) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

- Follow this instructions:

Edit: About a rom avaliable... I don't have a clue.. :S (I don't even know how to flash an android phone. :P )

Edited by gustavoi

Guest dark8899

gustavoi te recomiendo que te leas como flashear la rom del u8220 que esa la guia aki mismo en el foro. es basicamente lo mismo para cualquier huawei. despues viene lo dificil que es encontrar una rom para el um840 ya que esta muy nuevo y ademas no se que tanto este recorrido el tema de u8500. por lo menos aca en modaco el u8500 no vas a conseguir nada; Echa una buena buscada en google aver si encuentras una rom para el u8500. salu2