Cyanogen mod 6.2.1 help !!!!!

Guest russel619

Guest russel619

Hi guyz,

recently I've installed cyanogen 6.2.1 rom. Is there any way to install & run adobe flash player plug-in? This rom has a nice feature of moving applications, but when it moves applications to sd card, then it also consumes some space from phone memory. That means it doesn't move whole programme. Is there any way to install applications completely in sd card?

I also have a question about 2.1 update- I've heard that if I use sd card partitioning tweak to install applications in sd card, then I can't unmount sd card. If I do so, then the tweak will be dead!! Is it really true?

Frndzzz... help me ASP!!!!

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Hi guyz,

recently I've installed cyanogen 6.2.1 rom. Is there any way to install & run adobe flash player plug-in? This rom has a nice feature of moving applications, but when it moves applications to sd card, then it also consumes some space from phone memory. That means it doesn't move whole programme. Is there any way to install applications completely in sd card?

I also have a question about 2.1 update- I've heard that if I use sd card partitioning tweak to install applications in sd card, then I can't unmount sd card. If I do so, then the tweak will be dead!! Is it really true?

Frndzzz... help me ASP!!!!

Firstly it's 6.1.2

Secondly you. CAnt install flash player because our CPU doesn't support it but you can put flash lite(only ads and some videos)

Nope you can't move everything because if u suddenly remove the SD card the cache and some things have to neon the phone

u. Can remove the SD card after turning off your phone but there is a risk and you may get all kinds of FC'S and you will have to reflash your rom

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Who have back up android 2.1 of gt540 ? please send to me :P(

Sorry because my english :D(

dint get you?

do you want to move back to 2.1?

Guest max-greece
dint get you?

do you want to move back to 2.1?

He wouldn't be the first if he did. I had 2.2 on my phone for about 2 months and have just gone back. The problems are not really with the Cyanogen build but with 2.2 itself. In simple terms 2.2 is not designed for a phone with as little available internal storage as ours. In fact the only way this phone is really usable is to run 2.1 with App2sd and around a 500 Mb or more partition on the SD card (I run 1 Gb).

2.2 has frankly terrible handling of storage. Its not such a problem if you have 512 Mb internal storage to play with on your unit, but the GT540 has a farcical 130 Mb. Install a few apps that won't operate on the SD card, add a few more that you have to run in the internal storage just to have widgets that work and then factor in that even applications that do move leave a very variably sized footprint in your internal storage and its just not really workable - for me anyway.

I spent so much time juggling apps and managing them continuously that it just became not worthwhile. Problems included:

Apps that were installed on the SD card would be upgraded back into internal storage.

Setting the default installation to SD card meant that corresponding widgets not only didn't work - but continued not to be available even after moving back to internal storage.

Of those apps some widget would reappear after a reboot - but not all. I couldn't get Facebook and Twitter widgets to load at all - ever.

Widgets that were running would suddenly stop responding - for no apparent reason, needing a reboot to get them going.

Additional speed was not what it seemed. Right now Quadrant reports my system score as something around 460. When I was running 2.2 (clocked to 900 Mhz) I got it up to 1400 but in real terms it didn't seem to make much difference - plus I couldn't keep it stable at that speed. Even at 600 MHz it scored something around 900 - but again - in real terms the system just didn't perform faster except for Angry Birds when the ads popped up.

Memory management under 2.2 was problematic too. It was hard to see what was going on but I could run my task killer - kill everything and still only have 40 Mb RAM available. Compare that to 2.1 where I usually get over 80 Mb available. I think this was the cause of many of the slow downs I experienced. The systme could fly one minute and then take an age to do the simplest tasks - and the problem was getting worse with each passing day.

The final straw for me came the other day. I clicked on the power widget to increase the brightness and nothing happened. I was about to reboot when I got called away. I came back 40 minutes later and as I did so the brightness increased.

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
He wouldn't be the first if he did. I had 2.2 on my phone for about 2 months and have just gone back. The problems are not really with the Cyanogen build but with 2.2 itself. In simple terms 2.2 is not designed for a phone with as little available internal storage as ours. In fact the only way this phone is really usable is to run 2.1 with App2sd and around a 500 Mb or more partition on the SD card (I run 1 Gb).

2.2 has frankly terrible handling of storage. Its not such a problem if you have 512 Mb internal storage to play with on your unit, but the GT540 has a farcical 130 Mb. Install a few apps that won't operate on the SD card, add a few more that you have to run in the internal storage just to have widgets that work and then factor in that even applications that do move leave a very variably sized footprint in your internal storage and its just not really workable - for me anyway.

I spent so much time juggling apps and managing them continuously that it just became not worthwhile. Problems included:

Apps that were installed on the SD card would be upgraded back into internal storage.

Setting the default installation to SD card meant that corresponding widgets not only didn't work - but continued not to be available even after moving back to internal storage.

Of those apps some widget would reappear after a reboot - but not all. I couldn't get Facebook and Twitter widgets to load at all - ever.

Widgets that were running would suddenly stop responding - for no apparent reason, needing a reboot to get them going.

Additional speed was not what it seemed. Right now Quadrant reports my system score as something around 460. When I was running 2.2 (clocked to 900 Mhz) I got it up to 1400 but in real terms it didn't seem to make much difference - plus I couldn't keep it stable at that speed. Even at 600 MHz it scored something around 900 - but again - in real terms the system just didn't perform faster except for Angry Birds when the ads popped up.

Memory management under 2.2 was problematic too. It was hard to see what was going on but I could run my task killer - kill everything and still only have 40 Mb RAM available. Compare that to 2.1 where I usually get over 80 Mb available. I think this was the cause of many of the slow downs I experienced. The systme could fly one minute and then take an age to do the simplest tasks - and the problem was getting worse with each passing day.

The final straw for me came the other day. I clicked on the power widget to increase the brightness and nothing happened. I was about to reboot when I got called away. I came back 40 minutes later and as I did so the brightness increased.

I agree with you.....I had the same problems but I upgraded my kenrel version and everything's seems to be running smooth now for a week...

I tried to sell this phone but no ones buying it even for 190$ because of its crappy resistive touch screen and low internal memory....

Guest max-greece
I agree with you.....I had the same problems but I upgraded my kenrel version and everything's seems to be running smooth now for a week...

I tried to sell this phone but no ones buying it even for 190$ because of its crappy resistive touch screen and low internal memory....

The funny thing is that the resistive screen doesn't bother me at all. Its the memory that's the killer. Having used capacitive screens only briefly I found that they were less accurate - you have to zoom in a lot more on web pages to click on links. Having said that - I do have one long finger nail just for the job of using the screen (which obviously wont work on capacitive).

Guest kyuuketsuki

I haven't had any memory problems, i guess i just don't use my phone as much as some, only problem i have is with my sd card, and that might just be the card.