Just brought samsung B7610 help me about things

Guest squallxheart

Guest squallxheart

Hi u can just say im retarded but i really need to know some following so i can relate things first

what is a rom??? :P i read lots of this but i really dont know about this... is it an application? what is it all about??

then what is the best and most updated rom for my samsung b7610?

how to flash??? how to run some games... im depress of buying my b7610 and not able to play and run some applications and games.. =(

guys i know i'll take ur time to answer my question but i really appreciate those who can help me, thank you

Guest sakisds

Welcome in the forums!

About what is a ROM, ROM means Read Only Memory but we usually use it with this meaning:

A complete image of the phone's internal memory. Windows mobile version, apps, pre-installed ringtones, everything.

When a chef cooks a ROM he can remove apps, test tweaks or add apps from other phones.

Also there is no 'perfect' ROM. You need to experiment a bit. Most info you need is here: http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...lection-thread/

And some suggestions: If you need something that works out of the box without a lot of setup, try a full ROM. If you need speed try a light ROM(ROMs that have most default apps removed). Also the fastest ROMs are the 6.1 light ones. That's my personal opinion though :P.

Good luck with your new phone. If you need anything else feel free to post in the b7610 forums here.

Edited by sakisds