[RECOVERY] : ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Joe/Vodafone 945

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Please find attached *MY* build of the latest version of Koush's ClockworkMod Recovery for the ZTE Joe/Vodafone 945.

It was built with on the latest 2.6.29 kernel source from ZTE. It is not officially supported by Koush, please do not bother him with support questions for this build.

I have tested it as much as I can, but I'm always open to any more constructive feedback.

WARNING

Support for the old style update files that use the Amend scripting (update-script) method is no longer supported With ClockworkMod Recovery from v3 onwards....

if you require support for the Amend scripting method, use v2.5.1.8..

Please see one post down for a change log for THIS build.

Koush seems not to publish a change log (unless you know of one).

To install

fastboot method

• Unplug the USB cable, turn off your device and take out the battery
  • Replace the battery and turn the device on holding the 'volume up' key. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.
  • Plug the device into the PC.
  • From a command prompt run 'fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-joe-3.0.0.5.img'
  • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot reboot'
      If you have a previous version or another recovery install, install the update.zip and restart your device.
        Download the img file to your SD card, and then you can use the Recovery Manager application to install your recovery.

The Device Config to build ClockworkMod Recovery in CyanogenMod can be found on my GitHub
          The Latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery can found HERE
          • Older versions of Clockwork recovery can be found here.

Official release

[*]The offical version of ClockworkMod Recovery if available for this device can be found here

Warning:

[*]Support for the old style update files that use the Amend scripting (update-script) method is no longer supported With ClockworkMod Recovery from v3 onwards, if you require support for the Amend scripting method, use v2.5.1.8.

Source

[*]The Device Config to build ClockworkMod Recovery as part of CyanogenMod can be found on my GitHub.

Kernel Information

[*]Information about the Kernel used in this ROM can be found on this thread.

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Know issues:

None (?)

Build Change Log:

2011-02-07 - v2.5.1.8 b1 - Initial release

2011-02-07 - v3.0.0.5 b1 - Initial release

2011-02-16 - v3.0.0.6 b1 - Initial release

2011-03-12 - v3.0.1.4 b1 - Initial release

2011-04-25 - v3.0.2.8 b1 - Initial release

Edited by Sebastian404

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Ondra_K

Hi,

I had just installled 3.0.1.4, with recovery manager, I can boot in it, select using volume keys but i cant run it ... I've found that as enter I had to use power key, but it doesn't work. To restart back to main system I had to get battery out. How can I do "enter"

Thanks

EDIT: select is done by photo button :D.

Now I don't know how to convert VF945-MSM7227-V02c-Sep032010-Vodafone-PT1/system.tar.gz to system.img ... so i can't use it to reflash my phone.

Edited by Ondra_K

Guest djiribundi

Could you make a demo video? I'm quite a newbie and I would like to have a visual idea of what I might be getting into.

(I'm also not english, so I apologize for any mistake)

Guest aqopita

hi

this is my first android phone, and i've tried to install APP2SD, but the phone goes into loop boot (vodafone logo repeated)

if i press volume up and power, it will not stop on the android screen, it will continue to vodafone logo.

when i connect to the phone tp PC and use the CMD from windows, and type ADP SHELL.... it will give either device offline or the device not found.

if i press the volume down and power, it will go to white screen written on it FTM, and also the device not found.

please any ideas????

Guest cuttysark76
hi

this is my first android phone, and i've tried to install APP2SD, but the phone goes into loop boot (vodafone logo repeated)

if i press volume up and power, it will not stop on the android screen, it will continue to vodafone logo.

when i connect to the phone tp PC and use the CMD from windows, and type ADP SHELL.... it will give either device offline or the device not found.

if i press the volume down and power, it will go to white screen written on it FTM, and also the device not found.

please any ideas????

APP2SD is Android 2.2 and up feature, not available for 2.1. After you solve your problem you can you use LINK2SD app from market and get a similar experience.

1st - Install Clockwork Recovery Mod - Choose one from Sebbastian's list.

2nd - Perform a Nandroid Backup

3rd - Perform a factory reset - Everything will be wipped from your phone.

4th - Restart phone

If factory reset doesn't work, please install one of the ROM's here (http://android.modaco.com/content/other/332562/rom-zte-joe-vodafone-945-stock-roms/) that suits you

If you don't find your country ROM, please ask someone to the DUMP it and upload it. Sebbastian might update this thread with it.

Good luck

Guest aqopita
APP2SD is Android 2.2 and up feature, not available for 2.1. After you solve your problem you can you use LINK2SD app from market and get a similar experience.

1st - Install Clockwork Recovery Mod - Choose one from Sebbastian's list.

2nd - Perform a Nandroid Backup

3rd - Perform a factory reset - Everything will be wipped from your phone.

4th - Restart phone

If factory reset doesn't work, please install one of the ROM's here (http://android.modaco.com/content/other/332562/rom-zte-joe-vodafone-945-stock-roms/) that suits you

If you don't find your country ROM, please ask someone to the DUMP it and upload it. Sebbastian might update this thread with it.

Good luck

thanx alot

but as i wrote, i cannot connect to the PC, how to connect??

i've tried to press volume down + power and all the buttons... but i cannot connect

it will give white screen with FTM and when type adb shell on CMD, it will give device not found

i've used DroidExplorer, when the phone continue in the loop boot, it will connect but i cannot do any thing since the mobile is not rooted.

please advice.

Guest cuttysark76
thanx alot

but as i wrote, i cannot connect to the PC, how to connect??

i've tried to press volume down + power and all the buttons... but i cannot connect

it will give white screen with FTM and when type adb shell on CMD, it will give device not found

i've used DroidExplorer, when the phone continue in the loop boot, it will connect but i cannot do any thing since the mobile is not rooted.

please advice.

press volume UP + power, you'll get an hourglass, then connect the USB cable to your phone and PC.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rushank2112

Hey guys, is there anyone who can port a custom recovery for Micromax Andro A60? This phone has a pre installed Android Eclair 2.1 with a 2.6.29 kernel. This could be challenging because "drellisdee" from XDA Forums tried his level best to do so, but unfortunately he didn't succeed. Is there anyone else, who is willing to help. Your help will be heartily appreciated.

Further information regarding the Micromax Custom Recovery can be obtained from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1013698

This is a thread opened by "drellisdee", for porting a custom recovery for Micromax A60 custom recovery.

I have started a new thread regarding the same, if anyone wanna help, pls post on the following thread/topic

http://android.modaco.com/content/general-...ustom-recovery/

Regards,

Rushank.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daponte

Guys, I'm having a problem with clockworkmod 3.0.1.8.

If I reboot the phone to recovery from adb, the recovery works like a charm. If I start the phone normally using Power+Volume Up, it enters the recovery menu but I can't select anything, it's like the buttons don't work. :mellow:

I wanted to flash a rom but I'm afraid it goes bad and then I can't access the menu to recover my old backup.

Any ideias?

Guest starbuck79
Guys, I'm having a problem with clockworkmod 3.0.1.8.

If I reboot the phone to recovery from adb, the recovery works like a charm. If I start the phone normally using Power+Volume Up, it enters the recovery menu but I can't select anything, it's like the buttons don't work. :mellow:

I wanted to flash a rom but I'm afraid it goes bad and then I can't access the menu to recover my old backup.

Any ideias?

you need universal androot and recovery manager on you phone.Open universal androot and root you phone, then open recovery manager, install recovery and reboot into recovery. And that's it, no bottons need to press

Guest daponte

Thanks for the reply :o But that doesn't really answer my question. My phone is rooted and I have recovery manager, that isn't the problem. I just want to access the recovery menu without having to boot the system. The problem is, when I do, Power+Volume Down method, the menu shows up but I can't select anything :mellow:

Guest SeSSiZ_CoCuK

recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.8-joe

kurdum ancak hiçbir tuş çalışmıyor recovery mod da

Recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.8-joe

I installed with recovery mode, but no key does not work

Edited by SeSSiZ_CoCuK

Guest djhr

x2

Recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-joe -> same problem.

Recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-joe -> OK

Edited by djhr

Guest daponte
x2

Recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-joe -> same problem.

Recovery-clockwork-3.0.1.4-joe -> OK

Cool. Can you or someone upload 3.0.1.4 please? I only have versions above on my computer. Thanks.

Guest ahmet__01

+1 it's not running

• 1 month later...
Guest bilbo78

hello i have this phone and its not booting, i download the recovery-clockwork-

but the proble is i cannot make it go to fastboot t is still thinking, and also i dont have usb drivers to try something wit adk

any help is welcome

thanks

• 2 months later...

Sebastian, I've updated CWM with your latest version at android.podtwo.com (4.1.0.5) and it looks way better (also solves an issue that would mess up adb connection upon reboot into recovery).

But mounting SD card is not working though...

It says

"E: unable to open ums lun file (No such file or directory)."

It worked before with 3.xxx