yawn ive been bored tonight

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest jmhalder
from where i can download DJ steve roms for my streak 2.2 froyo?????/plz guide :( :( :)

you should seriously be banned for bumping this, you clearly will never provide any useful input on this forum.

Guest jitin sharma
you should seriously be banned for bumping this, you clearly will never provide any useful input on this forum.

I just askd for a favour. If that pinch inn ur a.... Then u are a ass hole

Sorry

Guest jitin sharma

Sorry

Guest synaptic.flaws

Sorry

Actually it is you who are an ashore!

Read the first post in the thread!

Guest popetodd
from where i can download DJ steve roms for my streak 2.2 froyo?????/plz guide :( :( :)

First off: bumping this was pretty dumb, you should have actually bothered to read the thread ALL the way through and you would have found out that this one is not coming any time soon and that no one but Steve had it running.

In short: Honeycomb is not forthcoming and nobody has it so asking is a waste of time.

You would have known this had you bothered to read as you should always do from now on.

Think of this as a harsh lesson in forum etiquette.

Second: Steve's ROMs are clearly marked by version numbers on the main Dell Streak forum index pages, if you want a StreakDroid Rom download 1.8.1 and follow the instructions on how to install it.

They are there, they work and ONLY after you have tried and fail ask for help and instruction.

You will make no friends being completely helpless around here.

If that is too tough then you should NOT try to run a custom ROM and just be happy with the one you got on it.

Consider yourself schooled. Let this thread disappear again until Steve revives it.

Guest jitin sharma
First off: bumping this was pretty dumb, you should have actually bothered to read the thread ALL the way through and you would have found out that this one is not coming any time soon and that no one but Steve had it running.

In short: Honeycomb is not forthcoming and nobody has it so asking is a waste of time.

You would have known this had you bothered to read as you should always do from now on.

Think of this as a harsh lesson in forum etiquette.

Second: Steve's ROMs are clearly marked by version numbers on the main Dell Streak forum index pages, if you want a StreakDroid Rom download 1.8.1 and follow the instructions on how to install it.

They are there, they work and ONLY after you have tried and fail ask for help and instruction.

You will make no friends being completely helpless around here.

If that is too tough then you should NOT try to run a custom ROM and just be happy with the one you got on it.

Consider yourself schooled. Let this thread disappear again until Steve revives it.

Dear popetodd,

sorry , as i just missed the topic page 5th & 6th .

and regarding your last post above , i would like to say on the u said {If that is too tough then you should NOT try to run a custom ROM and just be happy with the one you got on it.} never say that again to any one , as if someone is finding somthing lil difficult if u cant help so dont even post ur -ve comments

Guest jitin sharma

i apologize again,

have a questn,

rooted my streak and installed rom manager & clockwork recovery using rom manager successfully , but the difficulty is the option ' INSTALL FROM SD CARD ' DOESNT WORKS , WHEN TRY TO USE THIS OPTION the phone restarts dell logo apears, and then again back to android os , doesnt goes to recovery.

I TRYD ALREADY READING THE POSTS , BUT NO SOLUTION FOUND PLEASE GUIDE , I KNOW THIS IS A PAIN IN ASS FOR U , BUT I AM A STARTER WITH STREAK , WANT TO LEARN , I WOULD APPRECIATE UR HELP .

M KIND OF PRO WITH MY HTC DIAMOND , BUT THIS STREAK IS JUST WEEK OLD . THATS Y ASKING UR HELP.

THANKS FOR HELP

Guest rahulkadukar
i apologize again,

have a questn,

rooted my streak and installed rom manager & clockwork recovery using rom manager successfully , but the difficulty is the option ' INSTALL FROM SD CARD ' DOESNT WORKS , WHEN TRY TO USE THIS OPTION the phone restarts dell logo apears, and then again back to android os , doesnt goes to recovery.

I TRYD ALREADY READING THE POSTS , BUT NO SOLUTION FOUND PLEASE GUIDE , I KNOW THIS IS A PAIN IN ASS FOR U , BUT I AM A STARTER WITH STREAK , WANT TO LEARN , I WOULD APPRECIATE UR HELP .

M KIND OF PRO WITH MY HTC DIAMOND , BUT THIS STREAK IS JUST WEEK OLD . THATS Y ASKING UR HELP.

THANKS FOR HELP

You have to go into recovery to be able to install the zip file. Do this by holding the Volume up/down buttons while booting and you should boot into recovery. In recovery there is an option to install Update.pkg from card, select that by pressing the camera button and point it to where your Zip file is and it will do the rest :(

AND NEXT TIME DON'T USE CAPITALS IT SHOWS PURE DISRESPECT AND IS CONSIDERED IMPOLITE

Edited by rahulkadukar

Guest jmhalder
You have to go into recovery to be able to install the zip file. Do this by holding the Volume up/down buttons while booting and you should boot into recovery. In recovery there is an option to install Update.pkg from card, select that by pressing the camera button and point it to where your Zip file is and it will do the rest :(

you're too polite, which is why I called him out on it. Followed by him calling me an asshole. At least I use capitols and punctuation correctly (for the most part). Oh yeah, and I didn't beg anyone in a random thread to show me how to do anything to my Streak. ALL of the information necessary is on this forum, there's no reason to ask simple questions like you have, they have simple answers and have been answered before.

Guest popetodd
Dear popetodd,

sorry , as i just missed the topic page 5th & 6th .

and regarding your last post above , i would like to say on the u said {If that is too tough then you should NOT try to run a custom ROM and just be happy with the one you got on it.} never say that again to any one , as if someone is finding somthing lil difficult if u cant help so dont even post ur -ve comments

Hey jitin,

You can bet your ass I'll say it again.

If you can't read, follow written direction and do a search BEFORE you start asking simple, already answered questions then you should NOT try to install custom ROMs.

PERIOD.

From your responses, your original questions and your continued reluctance to look up what has already been posted I can say with a fair bit of accuracy that YOU will in all likelihood NOT be successful in playing with these ROM's.

Doing this sort of thing requires you to be independent in thought and action and technically capable of uncovering and correcting minor issues all by yourself.

These ROMs are NOT supported in any way, they are experimental in nature, and they require you to be resourceful.

You do not seem to be resourceful.

But you do seem extremely stubborn and overconfident, so go right ahead and brick your Streak (oh, I see you already have started down that road).

Oh, and don't ever tell me what or what not to tell someone ever again. You don't know enough about the subject at hand to even begin telling those that do what to say.

BTW - get the hell off this thread, it has nothing to do with your inability to listen, installing ROM's or fixing your Streak.

There are proper threads to post your screw ups to, this is NOT one of them.

Do you understand yet? I'd bet not.

Edited by popetodd

Guest jitin sharma
Hey jitin,

You can bet your ass I'll say it again.

If you can't read, follow written direction and do a search BEFORE you start asking simple, already answered questions then you should NOT try to install custom ROMs.

PERIOD.

From your responses, your original questions and your continued reluctance to look up what has already been posted I can say with a fair bit of accuracy that YOU will in all likelihood NOT be successful in playing with these ROM's.

Doing this sort of thing requires you to be independent in thought and action and technically capable of uncovering and correcting minor issues all by yourself.

These ROMs are NOT supported in any way, they are experimental in nature, and they require you to be resourceful.

You do not seem to be resourceful.

But you do seem extremely stubborn and overconfident, so go right ahead and brick your Streak (oh, I see you already have started down that road).

Oh, and don't ever tell me what or what not to tell someone ever again. You don't know enough about the subject at hand to even begin telling those that do what to say.

BTW - get the hell off this thread, it has nothing to do with your inability to listen, installing ROM's or fixing your Streak.

There are proper threads to post your screw ups to, this is NOT one of them.

Do you understand yet? I'd bet not.

leave it , dnt wana say anything

need one more help if u can really help this time, any one can help.

red every topic about rooting dell streak ,, using superoneclick. doesnt work .

worked once but as usual after flashing default rom back my streak unrooted . now cant get through rooting ,

Can Anyone guide.

and yes Z4root doesn't work

Guest popetodd
leave it , dnt wana say anything

need one more help if u can really help this time, any one can help.

red every topic about rooting dell streak ,, using superoneclick. doesnt work .

worked once but as usual after flashing default rom back my streak unrooted . now cant get through rooting ,

Can Anyone guide.

and yes Z4root doesn't work

Wrong thread jitin, again.

Guest jitin sharma
Wrong thread jitin, again.

Ok, popetodd

will take of before posting anything, to read carefully :(

Well tried dj steve's 1.8.1 & 1.7.0 they are awsome . But the only thing, 1.7.0 didn't booted when the device battery 20%.

Now back to froyo 2.2. MUIU & stevecm didn't worked,

As in MUIU : No sound & Swpye keyboard was not working.

And in Stevecm : No sound, rest everything's in stevecm & MUIU is Sexxxyyy.

Anyy help for stevecm & MUIU ?? :((

Guest superutp
One Question for u popetodd,

Do u have interest in Classic Bicycles. if yes .... and also if no please have a look at http://www.safaribikes.com . this is what i do. {ya ya i know wrong thread, :()}

Also would appreciate if you can spread this to anyone else who likes bicycles . All Range.

WTF???

Guest borisdamole
One Question for u popetodd,

Do u have interest in Classic Bicycles. if yes .... and also if no please have a look at http://www.safaribikes.com . this is what i do. {ya ya i know wrong thread, :()}

Also would appreciate if you can spread this to anyone else who likes bicycles . All Range.

Thanks for ruining a great thread on ANDROID/STREAK/HONEYCOMB development... Go on Facebook if you want to ask random questions...

There are plenty of tutorials on every streak related question you asked.

EVERYONE else on this forum spent plently of time reading and re-reading all the info so we didnt have to bother the people that already took the time to make a tutorial!!!

please, can we get back to the fact STEVE is awesome and is developing something that ATT and Dell will never give us.

Has anyone else had luck with the honeycomb music cloud sync?

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

does anyone know where i can buy some bread and cheese as my local tesco express is shut.

fyi i live on cloud 9 in gaga land

Guest kentt

Has anyone else had luck with the honeycomb music cloud sync?

Nope. I feel like I've tried everything. Have other people got the syncing to work?

does anyone know where i can buy some bread and cheese as my local tesco express is shut.

fyi i live on cloud 9 in gaga land

I want bacon. Do you like apple pie?

Guest superutp
I wonder if he knows what STFU means?

lol..i dont even think he knows what 'wrong thread' means...

i just realised...neither do i...LOL..

seriously this threads got diluted...i think only steve can bring it back with further advancements with 3.0

• 1 month later...
Guest garbagecanman

Whats the word on this? Any chance there is a stable release coming anytime soon? Just order my 16gb unlocked 2.2 and 3.0 would be sweet! Good work

Guest coronet
Whats the word on this? Any chance there is a stable release coming anytime soon? Just order my 16gb unlocked 2.2 and 3.0 would be sweet! Good work

Looks like Steve is working on other projects, and when he returns to the Streak 5, will focus on 2.3? Did I get that right?

Guest garbagecanman
Looks like Steve is working on other projects, and when he returns to the Streak 5, will focus on 2.3? Did I get that right?

Ok good to know im new here and word of his 3.0 port is all over so i was just curious. 2.3 would still be a step forward so i'd be happy with that :)