Froyo Kernel Source Code

Guest Achmet Schachbrett

Guest koudelka
no updates for the touchscreen, maybe also a fix for multitouch working well?

no big changes to touchscreen, they changed some debug print outs and made this change. that's all.

old: h353_data->early_suspend.level = EARLY_SUSPEND_LEVEL_STOP_DRAWING;

new: h353_data->early_suspend.level = EARLY_SUSPEND_LEVEL_BLANK_SCREEN - 1;

Guest Edward.W
oh, this was recently added :P not when they posted the link

-edit- I have done a fast check of the sources, and it is nothing major new really. Mostly it is just the new wifi and rndist driver for wifi/usb tethering. I don't think it will be too difficult to include their changes into our sources

what does it really improves? :D

Guest Winston Ma
no big changes to touchscreen, they changed some debug print outs and made this change. that's all.

old: h353_data->early_suspend.level = EARLY_SUSPEND_LEVEL_STOP_DRAWING;

new: h353_data->early_suspend.level = EARLY_SUSPEND_LEVEL_BLANK_SCREEN - 1;

I used WinMerge and find out the different file between 2.1 & 2.2. I compiled that on an excel file. All the changes are made on those 80 files/15 directories.

Excel Sheet

I could only include the difference in file level. If you really want to know which line. You have to run code editing tools.

Edited by Winston Ma

i have seen diff betwin previous and current sources. noving intresting, some debugging added. but there some changes in avr(less vibration time, seems more smooth), usb(changes in rndis(we dont need it, windows must die)) and some changes in mmc, vfp and audio(seems it good)

Guest Winston Ma
I couldn't find fast dormancy. And also not sure wifi driver has SoftAP.

You can find those Fast Dormancy code from Liquid Metal Source. It's pure Hardware Independent so you could add the code on Liquid E source.

Guest Vlad Pisarev
anyone know if the liquid metal still uses 2.6.29? if so then Acer is really lazy upgrading their linux kernels.

Now acer are going to lost all clients :P

anyone know if the liquid metal still uses 2.6.29? if so then Acer is really lazy upgrading their linux kernels.

Liquid Metal does use 2.6.29 kernel...

Later model will use 2.6.32 (Liquid Mini and S300 at least).

Hey, maybe this update to the wifi stuff will mean my phone can finally connect to my college's wifi! that'd be cool, i'd settle for that

there nothing about wifi. i wrote what changed