CustomClown R2 2.2 ROM

Guest gremlinman

Guest gremlinman

post-829984-1297285883_thumb.pngpost-829984-1297285844_thumb.png[attachmen

=69801:screenshot_4.png]post-829984-1297285895_thumb.pngpost-829984-1297285838_thumb.png

After my previous FAIL on R1 i belive that this is alot better and im sure that anyone that tried R1 will agree!

My rom contains all the basic google apps:

Maps

GMAIL

Latitude

places

News and weather

(removed) talk

Youtube

It also comes with titanium back-up.

NO ORANGE BLOATWARE

Cutomized boot logo

It uses an already copiled/hack kernel THAT I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH!

FULL CREDIT TO PAUL O'BRIAN! (i do not yet have the knowledge to create my own yet, although i hope to in the future)

DOWNLOADS:

Gremlinmans Custom Clown R2

R3:

Gremlinmans Custom Clown R3

Gremlinmans Custom Clown R3 hardware acelaration! - only R3

Gremlinmans Custom Clown R3 circular battery indicator - only R3

Gremlinmans Custom Clown R3 overclocking- only R3

Faults/issues:

- None!

Trust me this rom is alot better than the previous one!

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR BLADE

IT WILL WORK WITH OLED AND TFT

wifi is fixed by an advanced option in the wifi menu. (nothing new)

I am very young (12) so dont comment badly of my work!

Feel free to comment on any Faults!

This was more of a personal project. But i thought i would share to modaco!

•Fixed email app

•HSDPA icon differentiation

•FM radio app

•NON ALPHA!!!!

•Updated Spare Parts

•Menu button doesnt unlock the screen

•Semi transparent notificantion bar pulldown

Installation

To install this ROM:

•Download the zip file of your choice from the links above and copy to your SD card

•Restart your device in clockwork mod

•Wipe cache and systa

•Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

post-829984-1297285874_thumb.png

Edited by gremlinman

Guest Kthulhu
I am very young (12) so dont comment badley of my work!

Feel free to comment on any Faults!

I would be good if you could tell us with your words how is this rom? Do you think will work with TFT and OLED? Any tweaks -hardware accelaration, wifi fix, etc..?

Any case: Well done my friend! :P

Guest gremlinman
I would be good if you could tell us with your words how is this rom? Do you think will work with TFT and OLED? Any tweaks -hardware accelaration, wifi fix, etc..?

Any case: Well done my friend! :P

R u gonna try it?

is your blade oled or tft?

Guest Matty-p
Personally, I'm not going to use it.

Don't see any real benefit, or anything I couldn't do myself.

Gratz on making a ROM at your age though.

+1 on both counts well done tho !

Guest IronDoc

OK so this is based on MCR?

For clarity, could you list exactly what you changed? At the moment the description doesn't explain what wasn't in the original afaict

Just fyi, if you're talking about stopping wifi sleeping, that advanced option (wifi sleep policy) doesn't work.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest Skillganon

Guy's his only 12 so take it easy. Gremlinman check out the other rom threads and try make a similar layout. Giving information is the key and no one would try it if they don't know fully what it is. Keep up the good work.

Guest targetbsp
Woow, Google Talk really shouldn't be removed, it's required for market.android.com ...Or maybye you can download Talk from Market? :D

You don't need it on 2.2 - It's amongst the first things I always remove from any rom I download. :P

Guest gremlinman
Woow, Google Talk really shouldn't be removed, it's required for market.android.com ...Or maybye you can download Talk from Market? :P

I doesn't make a difference in 2.2

Guest gremlinman

Has anyone tried it yet??

Just wondering!

Hopefully ,after finding that on some san frans the key board force closes, R3will be out in a week or so!

This R3 wont be based on mcr!

It will have:

hardware acellaration (optional)

50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon (optional)

And a circular battery indicator (optional)

Any comments on ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

Guest Matty-p
Has anyone tried it yet??

Just wondering!

Hopefully ,after finding that on some san frans the key board force closes, R3will be out in a week or so!

This R3 wont be based on mcr!

It will have:

hardware acellaration (optional)

50% AHB bus overclocking at speeds above 600MHz addon (optional)

And a circular battery indicator (optional)

Any comments on ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

what will it be based on or will it be asop

I am very young (12) so dont comment badly of my work!

if you don't accept criticism you will hardly ever really learn anything. there will always be people that tell you what great work you did, how do you want to get better if all comments you get are "great work"? makes it sound like there is nothing to improve... (and there is always something to improve)

Edited by kendon

Guest Matty-p
if you don't accept criticism you will hardly ever really learn anything. there will always be people that tell you what great work you did, how do you want to get better if all comments you get are "great work"? makes it sound like there is nothing to improve... (and there is always something to improve)

yea sure i guess he was just saying that he isn't a pro developer and not to expect that theres a fine line betwwen helpfull critism and rude/ignorent 'mean' 'harsh' coments

Guest Martin Watson
yea sure i guess he was just saying that he isn't a pro developer and not to expect that theres a fine line betwwen helpfull critism and rude/ignorent 'mean' 'harsh' coments

Go for it Gremlinman, but please drop the bang character at the end of each line of your posts... it gives us 'oldies' (50+ years) nightmares - some of us still remember the early days of email and 'bang paths'. Only joking, just keep learning - you'll be fine.

Guest Rotmann

That's strange to read from a brilliant developer who gave up developing the best 2.1 ROM just because apparently some n00b bashed his ROM and misspelled his name. Still have a SanFran rocking BladeVillain 1.0.1 though :P

Guest fredewis
That's strange to read from a brilliant developer who gave up developing the best 2.1 ROM just because apparently some n00b bashed his ROM and misspelled his name. Still have a SanFran rocking BladeVillain 1.0.1 though :P

lololol

Guest gremlinman

Exactley what i mean!

Guest ThrashMan
That's strange to read from a brilliant developer who gave up developing the best 2.1 ROM just because apparently some n00b bashed his ROM and misspelled his name. Still have a SanFran rocking BladeVillain 1.0.1 though :D

Can't wait to see how far kendon can take 2.2 :P

Edited by ThrashMan

Guest Martin Watson

@ IronDoc and targetbsp...

This is well off-topic, but...

Yes, we still know the exclamation point as a 'bang'. A bang path was a method of addressing to get a message from one computer to another - there was no DNS or TCP/IP, so the path between hosts had to be explicitly defined, and was delimited by 'bangs'. Well out of date now, but it does crop up on networking courses, usually when discussing the pre-facebook era.

More up-to-date and relevant is this combination - #! - seen at the top of unix/linux scripts (probably seen in Android as well). What is it? It's a 'shebang' - a corruption of hash-bang or sharp-bang if you're musically inclined.

In context, after spending a day scripting something and running it successfully, if asked by a colleague how much of it ran, you can reply 'The whole shebang'. Must be some ideas for pub quiz questions in there...

Time to head back to my cave I guess.

Martin.

Edited by Martin Watson

Guest Martin Watson

@Gremlinman,

Don't give up. Take your time looking at the filesystem of a ROM, open scripts etc in a text editor (Notepad++ or similar not MSWORD), and read the files from top to bottom. Hopefully they'll be well commented and you'll soon learn how they 'work'. Try and try again - time is on your side.

And if it turns into a career for you, that's great. You got it wrong first time, but it's the initiative that matters. Stick with it. :P

Martin.

Guest IronDoc
@ IronDoc and targetbsp...

This is well off-topic, but...

Yes, we still know the explanation point as a 'bang'. A bang path was a method of addressing to get a message from one computer to another - there was no DNS or TCP/IP, so the path between hosts had to be explicitly defined, and was delimited by 'bangs'. Well out of date now, but it does crop up on networking courses, usually when discussing the pre-facebook era.

More up-to-date and relevant is this combination - #! - seen at the top of unix/linux scripts (probably seen in Android as well). What is it? It's a 'shebang' - a corruption of hash-bang or sharp-bang if you're musically inclined.

In context, after spending a day scripting something and running it successfully, if asked by a colleague how much of it ran, you can reply 'The whole shebang'. Must be some ideas for pub quiz questions in there...

Time to head back to my cave I guess.

Martin.

An interrobang is my favourite

?!