Class 10 32Gb Micros SD

Guest lufchigh

Guest alex_hk90
Ok, have been running A2SD+ version of the rom for 2 days without any problem! Looks like this 32GB class 10 card is a keeper!

Out of interest, how much was it and where did you get it from?

Both of these post seem to refer specifically to a single (ext2/3/4 partition) , what I want to know is how should you partition your sd card when it is two partitions ( fat32 followed by ext (234) ) which I believe is the case for most of us.

as far as I understand the guide (aligning FAT32!!! partition) can be applied for multi partition flash memory cards since you have FAT32 partition on it.

I have a FAT32 + ext4 and I managed to align the FAT32 partition.

There is also two utilities that I know for aligning the ext4 as well just before flashing the a ROM. The only drawback you should repeat the process after every wipe.

Out of interest, how much was it and where did you get it from?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...010%20microsdhc

Newegg, I bought it when there was a coupon to lower the price to about $90.

If you read the user reviews there a lot of people reported having problem with the cards. On the day the card I arrived I filled it up and verified the files 3 times with h2testw to make sure that the card was not DOA or had any problem to start with. Let's hope I won't get data loss in a month like some people reported!

Guest OpusX11

I bought the 8gb class 10 version of that card and had terrible write speeds. The read speeds were incredible, but write was similar to class 2. I've returned it and instead going with an A-DATA that others that use A2SD swear by, hope you have better luck!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...010%20microsdhc

Newegg, I bought it when there was a coupon to lower the price to about $90.

If you read the user reviews there a lot of people reported having problem with the cards. On the day the card I arrived I filled it up and verified the files 3 times with h2testw to make sure that the card was not DOA or had any problem to start with. Let's hope I won't get data loss in a month like some people reported!

I bought the 8gb class 10 version of that card and had terrible write speeds. The read speeds were incredible, but write was similar to class 2. I've returned it and instead going with an A-DATA that others that use A2SD swear by, hope you have better luck!

Did you test it on your Desire or on your PC? I haven't test the speed on the Desire yet, but when doing write&verify test with h2testw on my laptop, the read and write speed were both always above 10MB/s. Do you know any good apps to test the card speed on your phone?

Did you test it on your Desire or on your PC? I haven't test the speed on the Desire yet, but when doing write&verify test with h2testw on my laptop, the read and write speed were both always above 10MB/s. Do you know any good apps to test the card speed on your phone?

Googled. People recommend "SD card speed tester" but I couldn't find it on the market, so instead I tried "SD Tools".

I got 10.7MB/s write and 21.4MB/s read speed, not too bad :D

The apps doesn't allow one to set the block size, and I've no idea what block size was used when running the test above. Do you know another free speed test app that can set different block sizes?

• 2 months later...