[Themes]Unified Theme Thread

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish
for your MNML theme, for fibble's rom, have you only modified the framework-res.apk?

because if you have, i can incorporate it into my rom (currently under progress).

if you have modified something else, can you please tell me? :huh:

thanks in advance. :)

Only framework-res.apk and services.jar. That is all.

Guest Miracle Boy
All FLB themes updated to R10, will keep notification power widget

Thanks Frankish!! Love your theme ports man!!

Just a quick question, just to confirm.

You previously updated all your themes a few weeks ago back to having a white notification (status) bar at the top of the screen, Right?

I'm currently still using your "thin circle GB theme" with the black notification bar at the top, I'm now using FLB G2 R8a ATM, but intend to update my ROM to R10b.

I know that Flib has included the 0x90 mod that shows the power settings in the Notification (status) bar, and I see you have updated your themes so this mod will not be lost when installing your updated theme.

So, (getting to the point finally!) What colour will the Notification (status) bar be when I flash to R10b & install your Thin circle GB theme on top of that?? Will it be White or Black?

Sorry for the noob question!!!

Thanks again for all your hard work!!

Cheers

Guest Paden
wait one sec.

Fibble says he has the status bar power widget:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1617636

he also says that if a theme changes the services.jar, it will disable it

is that the case with your themes?

Frankish has tweaked his themes (I'm guessing the services.jar) so it no longer disables the power widget.

I've just installed it on top of 10b & the power widget is still there!

Great work Frankish !

I don't know if it's possible but could you make the clock colour the same as the rest of the status bar info an option?

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden

Guest Miracle Boy
It will be identical to stock gingerbread more or less. So any active notifications will be white background.

O.K. Thanks Frankish for letting me know. Would you willing (or have the time) to tell me how I'd go about modifying the older theme version I have, with the black background notification bar, so I could install it on R10b & not loose the power settings in the notification bar? Would that be a big job?

I'm a total noob to Android, but I'm willing and able to learn. I'd be up for having a go at trying to mod it myself, I just don't have the slightest idea where to even start. I'd really like to keep the black bar.

Thanks again!!

Guest Frankish
O.K. Thanks Frankish for letting me know. Would you willing (or have the time) to tell me how I'd go about modifying the older theme version I have, with the black background notification bar, so I could install it on R10b & not loose the power settings in the notification bar? Would that be a big job?

I'm a total noob to Android, but I'm willing and able to learn. I'd be up for having a go at trying to mod it myself, I just don't have the slightest idea where to even start. I'd really like to keep the black bar.

Thanks again!!

Ok here is the massive task...

Open your theme file and delete services.jar, now take the services.jar from one of my newly upped files. Copy that in. Flash.

:huh:

That should work.

Frankish has tweaked his themes (I'm guessing the services.jar) so it no longer disables the power widget.

I've just installed it on top of 10b & the power widget is still there!

Great work Frankish !

I don't know if it's possible but could you make the clock colour the same as the rest of the status bar info an option?

Cheers, Paul

ok, thanks for the confirmation!

Guest Miracle Boy
Ok here is the massive task...

Open your theme file and delete services.jar, now take the services.jar from one of my newly upped files. Copy that in. Flash.

:)

That should work.

Oh, wow!! that easy!! :P :D Cool!! I had assumed it would be more complicated than that. :huh: That's brilliant!! :P

Thanks again!!

Guest reddwarfiscool

Your skins are great Frankish!

Currently I am using Gingerbread Circle Mod on FBL R10 - I love the colour scheme, the transparency and the battery indicator.

Do you think you could do up the same using a grey background (i.e. same as stock) instead of the jet black for Gingerbread Circle Mod?

I tried building a battery mod for FLB at http://uot.dakra.lt/ but it does not install properly in Clockwork 2.38?

Guest cedge

Thanks for the cracking theme, I've used Blue Gingerbread Thin Circle, However I've just changed the wallpaper, is there anyway I can revert back to the standard wallpaper for this theme?

Guest rascas

Just tried GenerationX on blade - (Base Lutea)

flash seemed ok but after the green android screen turns black and phone get stuck (tested 3 ties). Had to remove battery and flash another theme to get phone working again. true-gingerbread an blue-gingerbread worked without any problem. I am on FLB R10b.

Update: seems as if installing original ROM before theme fixes it. So if you encounter same problem install base rom, boot, install theme

Edited by rascas

Guest Frankish
Is there anyway to revert to stock theme without re-flashing the rom. I found a link in another thread but it was broken http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1536273 (link is in first post, just before first image)

Yes @DownloadLinks there are files named "StockTheme-XXX.zip" for each rom. Not sure if i updated the FLB one but you can take the framework-res.apk and services.jar from the FLB rom and add them to any of my zips to flash and return to stock.

Guest kaherdin

Rebooted into recovery (clockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.6)

Located the files in my download folder.

Tried to apply the update

Recovery said

"Amed scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was nessasary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update.zip packages.

Installation aborted."

- What the heck??!! Please advise!

MUST the file be in the sd-root maybe? Or is the recovery version messing with the themes?

Edited by kaherdin

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Rebooted into recovery (clockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.6)

Located the files in my download folder.

Tried to apply the update

Recovery said

"Amed scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was nessasary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update.zip packages.

Installation aborted."

- What the heck??!! Please advise!

MUST the file be in the sd-root maybe? Or is the recovery version messing with the themes?

Did you choose apply update.zip or choose zip from SDCard.

I've flashed these in 3.0.0.6 plenty of times and never had an issue :(

Guest kaherdin
Did you choose apply update.zip or choose zip from SDCard.

I've flashed these in 3.0.0.6 plenty of times and never had an issue :(

"Choose zip from sd card" alternative. And it was "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip" I think.

It is located in my sd-card\download\ -folder

Guest kaherdin
"Choose zip from sd card" alternative. And it was "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_circle_battery.zip" I think.

It is located in my sd-card\download\ -folder

Ok. I messed up.

I now "magically" works. Im a noob. Please dont hit me.

and for the record I now downloaded TrueGingerbread-circlemod-JJELLY and rebooted, flashed and it installed ok.

Edited by kaherdin