2.3 based on CM7 aka swiftdroid project

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK

Guest Mals_UK
also, this curve slider is quite annoying since it hides the contact details (like name, nickname) when receiving calls...

you can change that, but I guess you already knew that...

:(

Guest Dr.Alani
link for 1.5 posted

How is it going with you? I have not tried it yet. Dunno why actually.

Btw, add a link to the camera fix in the start post, please.

Guest Jamie :)

ANOTHER stupid mistake LOL!

I flashed 1.5FM lastnight , (It's amazing , Thanks Mur4ik! :( )

And me being stupid ... Tried to install a different Camera.apk through Root Explorer,

and that failed... So I would really love it if anyone could send me the .apk :(

Guest AerospaceMango

Am looking forward to having a spare hour or so, to install 1.5 this evening.

However, here's a strange battery related thing for you all to mull over.

Last night, on the way home from work, I had my phone on the in-car charger....As I plugged it in, I noticed that the battery was at 45%.

Oh good, I thought, it should get to about 80-80% by the time I get home.

As I was driving along, I saw it go up to 50%....then drop down to 40%.....then go to 45%.....then drop to 35%.....then back to 45%, and on and on and on, like this, all the way home.

Strange, but true!!!

Guest Quinny898
i dont get how to install? i got the file downloaded with the 3 .bat files and stuff, but dont know how to install

Step 1:

To install this rom you need fastboot, you can check whether you have it by turning it off and on again whilst holding the camera button. Keep holding it until the LG Logo disappears, if the screen goes black you have fastboot and you can move onto step 2. If it doesn't go to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8699877/KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip and download the file, and unzip it Download http://kitaupload.com/download.php?file=827out.kdz and flash the kdz using the instructions here, just using the kdz downloaded above rather than the 2.1 kdz here: http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-gt540/...2-1-update.html

Step 2

Download this and extract it to the same folder as the bat files earlier: http://www.mediafire.com/?ttdkgamud3j now copy the file in the fastboot folder of the extracted zip called fastboot-windows to the folder with the bats in it, and rename it fastboot

Step 3

Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32 on your computer. Copy the file cmd.exe to the folder with the bat files in it.

Step 4

Open the cmd.exe in the folder with the bats in it. Type fastboot.exe -w

then fastboot.exe erase system

then fastboot.exe erase boot

then fastboot.exe flash system system.img

then fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img

then fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery_clockwork_3.0.1.3_swift.img

then fastboot.exe reboot

DONE!

Guest LinxAndroid

@Quinny ok so i got fastboot mode on but when im doin the CMD commands, i get 2 errors, : fastboot.exe is not a command or something or AbidWinApi.dll is missing??

Guest Quinny898
@Quinny ok so i got fastboot mode on but when im doin the CMD commands, i get 2 errors, : fastboot.exe is not a command or something or AbidWinApi.dll is missing??

Are you using the cmd.exe in the same folder as the fastboot.exe? if the fastboot is named fastboot-windows, rename it fastboot

You can download and put adbwinapi here and extract it and put it in the same folder: http://www.4shared.com/file/45i32bXB/AdbWinApi.html

Note that these files are found by googling the filename.

Guest Mals_UK

isn't this topic with regards to the custom rom and not how to install it. The same questions have been answered elsewhere in the forum and google is your best friend...

" YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER LEARNT TO WIPE YOUR ARSE IF SOMEONE KEPT DOING IT FOR YOU "

Guest ohoosong

Now I got 1.5 2days ago, that is good. However, I hope to correct coordinates of my thouch screen.

you guys have some idea? many time I miss to type.

Anyway thanks Mur4ik

Guest LinxAndroid

H

Anyone got a link to 1.5?

Both the links on here have expired/used too much traffic.

Have you tried the megaupload link? Worked fime for me

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Anyone else experiencing power issues?

As in the battery is drained from 100% to 80-85% within a minute or so?

battry count is not accurate it goes from 100>85 really fast 80 for like 20- 30 mins 70 20-30.. 60 2-3 hours 50 1 hour 40>30>10>0

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Am looking forward to having a spare hour or so, to install 1.5 this evening.

However, here's a strange battery related thing for you all to mull over.

Last night, on the way home from work, I had my phone on the in-car charger....As I plugged it in, I noticed that the battery was at 45%.

Oh good, I thought, it should get to about 80-80% by the time I get home.

As I was driving along, I saw it go up to 50%....then drop down to 40%.....then go to 45%.....then drop to 35%.....then back to 45%, and on and on and on, like this, all the way home.

Strange, but true!!!

yup happend in 2.1 also when u use the phone a lot and run heavy games and then leave it to rest it reenergizes its battery

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Now I got 1.5 2days ago, that is good. However, I hope to correct coordinates of my thouch screen.

you guys have some idea? many time I miss to type.

Anyway thanks Mur4ik

here u go

credit to fishears for this

Guest LinxAndroid

Aah ok. Like to see hotspot working. But maybe that'll come another time. Still loving it. Overclock to 806 mhz and is faster than ever. Only problem is the battery usage. Drains quicker than b4.

Guest killbot87

Hi,

After upgrading to native 2.1 and then Cyanogen6 mod for 2.2, I decided to take a look at 2.3.3. I used SwiftDroidv1.5, downloaded March 10th off this thread. It flashed without any issues except for the minor fact that on its first boot, most of the menus (e.g. SIM card pin) and apps appeared to be in Russian. However after another reboot they returned to normal.

THE ISSUE: I haven't been able to get WiFi or 3G to work, period. Yes, I set up the APNs manually (no issue as I am on Meteor here in Ireland and there is no username or password (http://www.meteor.ie/support/smartphone/)) but still no joy.

I understand that earlier builds had issues with the radio but that v1.5 fixed that. I read somewhere that formatting System in the cmd screen would help, but to be honest without verification there is no way I'm going to do something like that, however my knowledge is painfully limited in this area..

So, apologies for the noob-ish question, but does anyone know how I can fix this issue? I could re-flash the entire rom but at this stage I've made so many tweaks I'd rather not have to if there is a simpler solution at hand.

Thanks for your time guys, any help is appreciated and thanks for all the awesome work so far :(

EDIT: Solved. Really stupid error, had a misspelled APN address. Sorry!

Edited by killbot87

Guest LinxAndroid

I know thie has been asked before but does anyone else notice that the battery is draining quicker than usual? My phone is on for 1 - 2 hours and the battery status is 65% ...

Guest FearlessRetard

I have flashed it .. and quite honestly it still has work to be done on .. russian language on first boot .. aplications are with russian name's ...

For the time being 2.2.1 Froyo - CyanogenMod 6.1.2 OpenSwift-4.4 is way better and way more stabile .

Edited by FearlessRetard