11/FEB - Advent Vega - Firmware update with Flash coming

Guest MonkeyBoy451

Guest jacquisue

Hi, I bought my Vega just the other week v1.08 with no Flash and I havent installed any of Paul's roms or made any other changes therefore do I simply sit back and wait for the Feb 15th update? Or do I need to install the USB and 1.09...thing? Thanks

Guest gingercat
Hi, I bought my Vega just the other week v1.08 with no Flash and I havent installed any of Paul's roms or made any other changes therefore do I simply sit back and wait for the Feb 15th update? Or do I need to install the USB and 1.09...thing? Thanks

You can either install this update which will wipe your apps and settings or wait for the later update which won't wipe.

Guest Jisonga

Well not sure why but i had all kinds of problems with this new update.

The biggest was with the new flash. Everytime i went to view any form of video i would be dumped straight back to the home screen.

Also i used the new version of flash with Pauls rom and had sync issues wit both youtube and iplayer.

Gone back to pauls latest room and previous version of flash and once again my vega is flying.

Jason.

Guest brucelee666
Hi,

I'm running 1.08 with MCR R7 and R2 Kernel (and was running Adobe 10.1.120.1 unsigned)

Tried the signed Flash Player (10.1.120.10) and it's a complete no go - on IPlayer it's a second of audio and dumped back to the Homescreen.

Sounds like the only way the Flash Player performs is if its on a stock 1.09 system ... wonder what they've changed? Wish they would be more transparent with their change logs.

Ah well ...

Yes same here, ran a few logs since my first post.

Found that the new 120.10 which works on flash on the ufc.com website but the log showed that uses vp6 and mp3 as its format, the logs also showed that iplayer/youtube/itvplayer use h264 and aac which is where it seems to crash.

May have nothing to do with h264/aac but it is where the log shows the browser crashing when trying to start the video.

So looks like they possible updated a few files so that 120.10 is able to run.

Guest jacquisue
You can either install this update which will wipe your apps and settings or wait for the later update which won't wipe.

I have Advent with v1.08 and none of Paul's roms...just straight from the box as it were. I want to update to v1.09 from the Advent download site but cant get it to work. According to the manual:

To perform an software update on your device

On the Home screen, touch APPLICATION LAUNCHER and touch SETTING icon, scroll down and touch SOFTWARE TOOL, touch SOFTWARE UPDATE and then finally touch the update file that you saved to the Micro SD Card.

Once the Device has been updated, it will reboot to complete the installation.

Thing is, though I follow these instructions and I can see the USB update file on my SD card, once I click on it I get the android icon with what looks like a box with an arrow (as if it is downloading) but nothing happens. It just hangs there for hours till I switch it off and reboot. Also when I click on the v109 firmwear it tells me the application is not available. Very confused and ready to throw the thing at the wall! Help pleeeeese!

I have Advent with v1.08 and none of Paul's roms...just straight from the box as it were. I want to update to v1.09 from the Advent download site but cant get it to work. According to the manual:

To perform an software update on your device

On the Home screen, touch APPLICATION LAUNCHER and touch SETTING icon, scroll down and touch SOFTWARE TOOL, touch SOFTWARE UPDATE and then finally touch the update file that you saved to the Micro SD Card.

Once the Device has been updated, it will reboot to complete the installation.

Thing is, though I follow these instructions and I can see the USB update file on my SD card, once I click on it I get the android icon with what looks like a box with an arrow (as if it is downloading) but nothing happens. It just hangs there for hours till I switch it off and reboot. Also when I click on the v109 firmwear it tells me the application is not available. Very confused and ready to throw the thing at the wall! Help pleeeeese!

use http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/full_system_...nstructions.pdf as this is a FULL UPDATE

Guest jacquisue

Thanks for your reply and I have tried this once before but when I get this far:

If this is the first time you have completed this you will need to install the Advent Vega recovery driver

o Windows should automatically prompt you for a driver

Windows doesn't prompt me for a driver. Any ideas? Thanks again

Guest HunteronX
Thanks for your reply and I have tried this once before but when I get this far:

If this is the first time you have completed this you will need to install the Advent Vega recovery driver

o Windows should automatically prompt you for a driver

Windows doesn't prompt me for a driver. Any ideas? Thanks again

Was this at the point where you pressed the button combination?

Also, did you hear a notification sound as you did this (from the pc)?

Thanks

Guest jacquisue
Was this at the point where you pressed the button combination?

Also, did you hear a notification sound as you did this (from the pc)?

Thanks

Yes it was at the point I pressed the button combo and no, no noise from the PC when I did it

UPDATE: Sorted it myself by using desk PC running XP instead of laptop running Vista.

Edited by jacquisue