trying to build a boot.img

Guest Boony123

Guest Boony123

i've try to added a2sd to the init.rc but after i rebuild it just gets stuck on the android screen. is there any way to debug it to see where its getting stuck?

this is where i got the init.rc code to add from http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=158823170833688 for adding darktremor

im doing this to stock 2.1 uk im just trying create my own 2.1 rom (just for practice)

thanks for any help.

Edited by Boony123

Guest AntonioPT
well i guess windows and vbox dont want me to create a working boot.img guess its back to messing with other peoples roms :P thanks for all your help tho :D

I think you have to add the kernel command line arguments when packing the boot.img:

./mkbootimg --cmdline 'mem=128M console=ttyMSM2,9600n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0' --kernel zImage --ramdisk boot.img-ramdisk.gz -o boot.img

(don't forget to change kernel and ramdisk names to yours)

Guest Boony123

did that remcompiled it fine but the boot.img dont seem to work when i edit the init.rc file I can edit the build prop in there and it will boot but i think the code i add to the init.ic file isn't right or the getit on my vbox is adding something to the file when i edit, there are coloured spots just before the the android boot screen pops up.

start a2sd

on property:cm.filesystem.ready=1

class_start default
and at the end of the file
service a2sd /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/sh /system/bin/a2sd

disabled

oneshot

Edited by Boony123

Guest AntonioPT

I would say you should download FLB-Mod, extract the ramdisk from the boot.img and check init.rc so you can see what Fibblesan added there to enable A2SD. Then add that to your init.rc and repack the boot.img.

Guest Boony123
I would say you should download FLB-Mod, extract the ramdisk from the boot.img and check init.rc so you can see what Fibblesan added there to enable A2SD. Then add that to your init.rc and repack the boot.img.

downloaded 1.7 will take a look now :P thanks