Cannot mount sd card to update to 2.2 froyo

Guest cjbigboy

Guest cjbigboy

Hi

Just got an Orange San Francisco yesterday and thought I'd go straight onto 2.2.

I previously had a Nokia 5800 with an 8gb sd card and took the card from that and but in the new phone.

Everything worked, could navigate around the card when connected via USB in My Computer.

So I followed the instructions on http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/ and rooted the phone, installed clockworkmod recovery, downloaded japanese jellyfish but here is where it falls down.

Phone boots ok into clockworkmod recovery, go to mounts & storage-->mount usb storage and removable disk shows up as G: in My Computer, but every time I click on the drive it tells me to "Please insert a disk into Drive G:" and I can go no further.

I have tried rebooting with usb cable attached, not attached etc but still nothing.

I did no reformat the card before putting it in the san fran, but as it appeared to work ok I didnt bother, could this be the problem, and if I do reformat, will I have to re-root, reinstall clockworkmod etc again?

thanks

CJ :P

Guest cjbigboy
Are you having trouble putting Japjelly on yor phone or are you having trouble installing it?

Once booted into clockworkmod, I cannot access sd card from My computer on my pc to copy jap jelly zip onto the sd card.

Just keep getting "Please insert disk in drive G:"

thanks

CJ

Guest vermat17

Don't boot into clockwork.

Turn your phone on, mount the sd card, and just drag and drop onto it.

Then boot the phone into clockwork, select install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card, then install japjelly.

Guest cjbigboy
Don't boot into clockwork.

Turn your phone on, mount the sd card, and just drag and drop onto it.

Then boot the phone into clockwork, select install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card, then install japjelly.

Brilliant, worked like a dream.

A few nervous moments while Japjelly installed and the phone rebooted, but works perfectly

thank you very much

CJ

Guest gremlinman
Hi

Just got an Orange San Francisco yesterday and thought I'd go straight onto 2.2.

I previously had a Nokia 5800 with an 8gb sd card and took the card from that and but in the new phone.

Everything worked, could navigate around the card when connected via USB in My Computer.

So I followed the instructions on http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/ and rooted the phone, installed clockworkmod recovery, downloaded japanese jellyfish but here is where it falls down.

Phone boots ok into clockworkmod recovery, go to mounts & storage-->mount usb storage and removable disk shows up as G: in My Computer, but every time I click on the drive it tells me to "Please insert a disk into Drive G:" and I can go no further.

I have tried rebooting with usb cable attached, not attached etc but still nothing.

I did no reformat the card before putting it in the san fran, but as it appeared to work ok I didnt bother, could this be the problem, and if I do reformat, will I have to re-root, reinstall clockworkmod etc again?

thanks

CJ :D

My story exatly same! even had nokia 5800 before! wierd!

download the zte blade drivers