MIUI 1.5.27 for Liquid (Android 2.3.4) update

Guest truecolor

Guest MoNzAi1988
Hello !!!

Flashed 1.3.5 after all wipes ( wiped also ext. partition ) on a clean nandroid I had with bin 4.002.14, everything looks working fine. Restored app2sd with Malez Rec. and OK.

One question : I saw sometime ago a tutorial as to flashing language packs on MIUI, would like to have Italian language on the phone, looks as there is the pack but it is all in one with the addon for the previous release.

Seeking advice

Regards

hi, mind to teach me how to restore apps2sd with mael recovery? i already got ext2 partition, jz wipe, flash 1.3.5, then what should i do?

Guest arkoudigr

Hello ppl.

I have to say that this is the best looking rom I've ever tried, but I have also problem with the browser.apk. It does not start at all. Every time it ends unexpectedly. Also when I tried adb logcat to see what's going on I reallised that adb does not see my liquid. I reinstalled the drivers but nothing. Any ideas? Everything else works just fine. Very nice rom truecolor :( I had the T&L rom and I perfomed a full wipe before upgrading to miui 1.3.5.

Guest TheShak
Hello ppl.

I have to say that this is the best looking rom I've ever tried, but I have also problem with the browser.apk. It does not start at all. Every time it ends unexpectedly. Also when I tried adb logcat to see what's going on I reallised that adb does not see my liquid. I reinstalled the drivers but nothing. Any ideas? Everything else works just fine. Very nice rom truecolor :( I had the T&L rom and I perfomed a full wipe before upgrading to miui 1.3.5.

So this is what i did to fix gmail, browser issues etc.

Install titanium backup, uninstall browser and gmail plus some other rubbish (home screen tips etc.) then install Miren Browser and re-install gmail etc.

Works great now.

Also installed Android 3.0 Theme which is ace...

Thanks all for a great ROM!

Edited by TheShak

Guest medievalspawn

hi, I have flash miui 1.3.5 + ita pack but I have problem with proximity sensor and call in and call out (black screen). I have disactivated and the phone work correctly.

Solution???

Guest arkoudigr
So this is what i did to fix gmail, browser issues etc.

Install titanium backup, uninstall browser and gmail plus some other rubbish (home screen tips etc.) then install Miren Browser and re-install gmail etc.

Works great now.

Also installed Android 3.0 Theme which is ace...

Thanks all for a great ROM!

Thank you very much TheShak. Browser is Ok now but gmail did not work so I upgraded market to 2.3.2 and gmail works now :(

The only thing left for me to fix is adb.

Guest TheShak
hi, I have flash miui 1.3.5 + ita pack but I have problem with proximity sensor and call in and call out (black screen). I have disactivated and the phone work correctly.

Solution???

on the english one it works ok, did you try the sensors patch from the first post? I remember when getting langs from miui-dev (for nexus) when ever you'd flash them the sensors would fail...

On another note the battery life not that impressive, had everything turned on, 3G, Wifi, GPS etc. Turned Wifi off now to see what diff it makes. Also does anyone know what does CompCache settings do for batt life ???

Thanks

p.s Edit? The best battery life I've had is the CM7-RC1-Liquid-kang_v1.2.18_FULL_ed3 from Kouldelka & Co... form it's lasts as long as stock with the crapware removed.

Edited by TheShak

Guest Alexzandro
hi, mind to teach me how to restore apps2sd with mael recovery? i already got ext2 partition, jz wipe, flash 1.3.5, then what should i do?

After flashing I discovered I had some apps on SD ( looking at Titanium home screen, shows use of internal and external memory, included A2sd partition, I believe ), nevetheless I went back in recovery: You have to look under "others" on the main page of Malez Reco and You will find a section reserved to A2SD, cache, dalvick to be moved, not tobe, or status check ( this is called A2sd OLD METHOD- system doesn't recognizes difference, hence you can move system apps to SD also ) .

Remember not to duplicate A2sd ( in froyo a2SD is native but has to be activated by user, cannot locate at this moment in MIUI settings ), if You choose it in one place, do not choose it also in the other one ( there is a way to do it in Titanium apk also, don't know how it works) .

Hope this helps

Edited by Alexzandro

Guest ribollito

I have to report a little bugs :-(

On my Liquid E, when screen is on, soft keys backlight non-stop flashes on and off. Obliviously, flashes continue even if I don't press any soft keys. Any fix?

Oh, battery drain is terrifying, and I had same issues of @thedoctorita.

I've wiped all before install this rom.

Anyway, this rom looks great and works fine so, good job guys!

Edited by ribollito

Guest foreman

Hello, very good work!

I have these two problem:

• wifi not working
  • SIM card disconnect form network

About the wifi, i used titanium to restore my apps and data. It's possible the something had replace wifi configuration?

If i enable wifi and run a network scan, wifi go to off.

For the disconnection: i use juicedefender, so, when the screen is of my mobile switch only in gsm mode, it's possibile that in some cases this not working and disconnect the sim card? (Android don't ask to re-enter the PIN number, so i must turn off and on the phone).

Thanks.

Edited by foreman

Guest pirika
Per the disconnection: i use juicedefender, so, when the screen is of my mobile switch only in gsm mode, it's possibile that in some cases this not working and disconnect the sim card? (Android don't ask to re-enter the PIN number, so i must turn off and on the phone).

I have the same problem...

This last rom can be used on top any froyo releases?

Guest foreman
  • wifi not working

About the wifi, i used titanium to restore my apps and data. It's possible the something had replace wifi configuration?

If i enable wifi and run a network scan, wifi go to off.

I solve the wifi problem, search on Titanium: "Wi-Fi"

This apps must not be restored. If have restored, just clean the app data.

Guest Alexzandro
Thank you very much TheShak. Browser is Ok now but gmail did not work so I upgraded market to 2.3.2 and gmail works now :(

The only thing left for me to fix is adb.

Toooo late for me ! I tried THE SHACK procedure and I lost data completely !!!

Had no chance to look at the patch provided by DEVS in first post.

Anyway I need a full working ( and reliable one ) phone, so revert to RC7 for the time being, will certainly take a look at MIUI2.3 later on.

Regards

Guest The Duke of Hazard
Toooo late for me ! I tried THE SHACK procedure and I lost data completely !!!

Had no chance to look at the patch provided by DEVS in first post.

Anyway I need a full working ( and reliable one ) phone, so revert to RC7 for the time being, will certainly take a look at MIUI2.3 later on.

Regards

RC7???????????????????

Guest The Duke of Hazard

My only problem with thus rom is that softkeys are always blinking with screen on, just using the phone normally...

Guest TheShak

Anybody try the compcache settings?

For me you get some laggyness when this is turned on even with kernel OC'd to 998MHz

Also some +ve feedback the Blutooth Audio hook up for ICE works great! plus file transfers etc.

Thanks

Edited by TheShak

Guest xdxdxdxdxdx
RC7???????????????????
yep,for the time being.this one is RC6(MIUI release RC1(froyo)@2010,8,16,).BTW,MIUI will updata to 2.3.3(RC7) at this weekend. Edited by xdxdxdxdxdx