MIUI 1.5.27 for Liquid (Android 2.3.4) update

Guest truecolor

Guest Splux
Looks like compcache doesn't work on 2.3 MIUI.

Could someone enable it in 2.3 MIUI? It's really useful :D

Ah, that might explain why I did not notice any difference in free RAM or anything when I enabled compcache :D

After doing some tests, it seems that the SMS app has a memory bug/leak... so i killed the app when it's running and ram comes back. this does not affect getting sms messages as they still come.

So, a work around I guess would be to have this app on an auto task killer so you don't run out of memory or need to reboot every few hours...

CM7 has got that feature to always keep SMS-app in memory so it will always receive new messages, and I actually hope they know what they are doing :(

I hope you understand what I mean, I just cannot find a way to write it to make it more understandable at this moment... x)

Edited by Splux

Guest TheShak
Another work around may be to push another Mms.apk, like the one from CM7, yeah I know the UI's not the same, but at least you don't have to kill the SMS app every time. Tried it and the app seems to work and my launcher didn't close after I checked gallery and downloaded all the needed apps on Market, which is good. Need to try further though.

Anyway this week's release looks very promising on the UI side. (check miui-dev) Let's just hope it won't be an april fool xD

Good idea! see below.

maybe try the Mms.apk from miui 1.3.18 or 1.3.5 to see if it works fine ?

Tried the old one but the FC'd

CM7 has got that feature to always keep SMS-app in memory so it will always receive new messages, and I actually hope they know what they are doing :D

I hope you understand what I mean, I just cannot find a way to write it to make it more understandable at this moment... x)

Anyway tried the MMS.APK from LeoGingers (i guess you need a 2.3.3 mms) and it works great without eating RAM, the only issue is that I don't see the liitle alert on the SMS icon to see if you have any unread messages, however I'm not sure if it was there before... been using too many diffrent roms :D

To make it easy to try here is the link http://www.multiupload.com/MRQ8IR4OS5 you need to flash in recovery, this puts the CM7/LeoGingers mms.apk so the UI does not look all the same but beats rebooting the phone gubbins.

Cheers

Guest Splux
To make it easy to try here is the link http://www.multiupload.com/MRQ8IR4OS5 you need to flash in recovery, this puts the CM7/LeoGingers mms.apk so the UI does not look all the same but beats rebooting the phone gubbins.

Cheers

Well, I do not have enough free space on my SD-card, so I cannot make a nandroid backup... So tell me one thing before I try, can you guarantie me that it will not make my phone bootloop? x)

Guest Splux
gah. I was just thinking about how great the MIUI sms app is. hopefully there is a different version that works.

Anyway tried the MMS.APK from LeoGingers (i guess you need a 2.3.3 mms) and it works great without eating RAM, the only issue is that I don't see the liitle alert on the SMS icon to see if you have any unread messages, however I'm not sure if it was there before... been using too many diffrent roms tongue.gif

Guest TheShak
Well, I do not have enough free space on my SD-card, so I cannot make a nandroid backup... So tell me one thing before I try, can you guarantie me that it will not make my phone bootloop? x)

Basically this is mms.apk from CM7 so the UI is different than MIUI, thus normally bootloops are not caused by applications, only FC's - I've tested this as much as possible and it's good on RAM useage. So, it's upto you if you want to try it :D

gah. I was just thinking about how great the MIUI sms app is. hopefully there is a different version that works.

Well I've got some help from MIUI-DEV and this is an updated version of the mms.apk for MIUI 1.3.25 with the ram bug fix

http://www.multiupload.com/ILUFCZKON4 version2, i've tried this from yesterday and this does take more RAM than the CM7 version, because of the beautiful UI etc. Everthing works in terms of alerts etc. and it does release memory.

So please try and let me know ... feedback thanks B)

Edited by TheShak

Guest komienski
Basically this is mms.apk from CM7 so the UI is different than MIUI, thus normally bootloops are not caused by applications, only FC's - I've tested this as much as possible and it's good on RAM useage. So, it's upto you if you want to try it :D

Well I've got some help from MIUI-DEV and this is an updated version of the mms.apk for MIUI 1.3.25 with the ram bug fix

http://www.multiupload.com/ILUFCZKON4 version2, i've tried this from yesterday and this does take more RAM than the CM7 version, because of the beautiful UI etc. Everthing works in terms of alerts etc. and it does release memory.

So please try and let me know ... feedback thanks B)

awesome!! gonna try it. Thanks. Maybe this patch should be in the first post- if it solves the ram issue it pretty much fixes this.

Edited by komienski

Guest TheShak

MIUI 1.4.1 was released today, just hope that this has better memory mangement than the previous one.

Edited by TheShak

Guest Lens_flare

Effective MM is not all that we need..

SD faults(2.3.3 bug?), camcoder(devs fault?), and some optimisations, that's what we need I think..

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest The Duke of Hazard
Effective MM is not all that we need..

SD faults(2.3.3 bug?), camcoder(devs fault?), and some optimisations, that's what we need I think..

look at mark II's new miui 1.4.1

Guest MCAlex

Hi all,

I saw that when I receive a sms, the "missed calls led" starts blinking.

I think this is what you mean with "led not workin".

However, yesterday I saw in the settings that you can modify the led color: so I thought to change it.

BTW, when I received a sms, the "sms led" started blinking.

So I think u can fix this problem, if u know that u can fix just changing this.

Hope to be helpful.

BTW, This ROM is AMAZING!!!!! :D B) ;) :D

Thanks to all devs!

Guest elgubbo
any mirror?

Changelog? I'm from Russia, as you see, and MIUI got rid us because of east europe spam :/

cant provide a mirror, but here is the changelog:

2011/04/02

Release Notes:

1, based on MIUI 1.4.1 (Android 2.3.3)

2, phone (call waiting is available) / GPRS / Camera / GPS / WIFI (WIFI tether) / Bluetooth / light sensor / proximity sensor, the normal

3, integrated QuickBoot, RootExplorer

4, the initial time zone setting for the Chinese Standard Time (+8)

5, Integrated Liquid setup program, you can set the program button feedback, adjust the touch screen sensitivity.

Not signed, the proposed election without signature brush.

Known issues:

1, the camera does not work

2, missed calls / unread message light does not work

Guest TheShak
Hi all,

I saw that when I receive a sms, the "missed calls led" starts blinking.

I think this is what you mean with "led not workin".

However, yesterday I saw in the settings that you can modify the led color: so I thought to change it.

BTW, when I received a sms, the "sms led" started blinking.

So I think u can fix this problem, if u know that u can fix just changing this.

Hope to be helpful.

BTW, This ROM is AMAZING!!!!! :D B) ;) :D

Thanks to all devs!

What colour did you change it too? I've only seen the missed call light flash when getting messages.

Thx

Guest Lens_flare
prox sensor is REALLY working?

not working.. sorry..

same as Markll one..

But BT is ok.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest MoNzAi1988
not working.. sorry..

same as Markll one..

But BT is ok.

how about sd mount?