Message: "Sorry Activity X is not responding. FORCE CLOSE - WAIT"

Guest avenn

First of all thank you Richard_Arkless, totiadrenalin, AntonioPT, twrock, and all the other contributors that made these ROM's possible. What has been done with these ROM's is pretty amazing for the pulse. My phone is faster and more responsive then ever. And the additional space thanks to the moved apps and dalvik via dta2sd is just mind blowing.

Now I have a problem that (if possible) I would love to get rid of and maybe one of you guys know a solution.

One/two times by day when using the phone I get a message pop up with the text you will see below here.

If I have ADW installed it will say that message about ADW, if I have Launcher pro installed it will say that message about Launcher pro.

Sometimes I get the message also about RepliGo Reader (PDF) when i'm using it, but I guess because it takes time and performance to load a full PDF file.

------

! Sorry

Activity Launcher pro (in application launcherpro) is not responding.

FORCE CLOSE - WAIT

------

I had this exact same thing pop up on AIO V6, AIO v7(the first one from Toti), with and without dta2sd and/or swap activated, before installing any apps and after installing apps, with a 1GB standard SD and a 8GB class 6 SD, directly after a reboot and/or after a day of using the phone.

I always tap on 'WAIT' and when I do that everything keeps working fine. But it is just a hassle of seeing that stuff pop up a few times by day.

Maybe there is a way to fix it, or to change some settings that it will take a longer time (more seconds) before the pop-up pops up. Like this it waits basically automatically, maybe there is an app that could help with it. I did extensive search on this before putting this post up, but i did not find a solution/sugestion.

I have not tried the 691Mhz kernel as I thought it would not fix this. If you think however it would fix it let me know please.

Big thanks for your help and insights!

Edited by avenn

You're welcome :P

You should really try the 691/710 MHz kernel, your phone will be even more fast and responsive (and it may fix your problem).

Hey Antonio,

Thanks for the answer, I guess i'm already on the 710 MHz kernel since I flashed the AIO V6, AIO v7 ROM's. I did a full flash, wiping all existing stuff and I thought I read that if you do that you will have the 710 MHz kernel automatically installed together with the ROM. Right? I believe both (V6 & V7) use the 710 MHz kernels.

But I have not flashed the separate 691Mhz afterward. (downgrading it)

Should I try that you think?

Thanks again

Guest AntonioPT
Hey Antonio,

Thanks for the answer, I guess i'm already on the 710 MHz kernel since I flashed the AIO V6, AIO v7 ROM's. I did a full flash, wiping all existing stuff and I thought I read that if you do that you will have the 710 MHz kernel automatically installed together with the ROM. Right? I believe both (V6 & V7) use the 710 MHz kernels.

But I have not flashed the separate 691Mhz afterward. (downgrading it)

Should I try that you think?

Thanks again

Well, if you're using a 710 MHz kernel, there's not much point in moving to 691 MHz...

Ĩ would try wiping the data of Launcher Pro (backup your settings & homescreen), and if that didn't work, I would install either AIO v5 or twrock's modified 0.40 rom.

Well, if you're using a 710 MHz kernel, there's not much point in moving to 691 MHz...

Ĩ would try wiping the data of Launcher Pro (backup your settings & homescreen), and if that didn't work, I would install either AIO v5 or twrock's modified 0.40 rom.

Great, thanks for the info...

I will try that...