'New' ZTE devices

Guest aleckxander

Yep, noticed that as well. So maybe it's Adreno 205 after all?

In any case, MSM7230 would mean ARMv7.

Or it could be original Snapdragon - QSD8250 downclocked to 800 MHz that came with Adreno 205... but my bet is that someone made mistake and inside is MSM7230 with Adreno 205

Or it could be original Snapdragon - QSD8250 downclocked to 800 MHz that came with Adreno 205... but my bet is that someone made mistake and inside is MSM7230 with Adreno 205

That would be my guess as well. The MSM7230 is used in the HP/Palm Veer and Huawei IDEOS X5, and I expect it will turn up in a lot more low-end smart-phones, it looks like it will be as popular as the MSM7227 was. Sooner or later, there will be a cheap and good MSM7230 Android phone.

Guest renegade027

Yeah! Why is nobody jumping up and down?

Very few specs in the news about this Skate device.

One thing - 800 Mhz and Adreno 200? I thought the Adreno 200 goes with the 600 Mhz chip and the 800 Mhz one is with Adreno 205 and this chip supports Flash. Anyway, I'm sure there would be more details coming soon.

800x480 @ 4.3 in. is a bit....grainy. But! If they manage to offer this thing in the UK at under 150 quid, I could probably live with grainy for a year.

Edited by renegade027

Guest oh!dougal

Sadly, I think that if the Skate COULD run Flash, that would have been exactly what they would have been demonstrating.

And without Flash, its a Flounder, not a Skate.

Its starting to look like Flash is one significant landmark for market-segment-differentiation.

No Flash means its a low-end phone, whatever the size of the screen.

And that definitely applies to the 'Light' tablet too.

Guest 90180360
Its starting to look like Flash is one significant landmark for market-segment-differentiation.

No Flash means its a low-end phone, whatever the size of the screen.

Only that few customers actually care about Flash. Never have I missed it so far. I think that thanks to Apple it has lost its relevancy and I'm not too sad about that.

Guest oh!dougal
Only that few customers actually care about Flash. Never have I missed it so far. I think that thanks to Apple it has lost its relevancy and I'm not too sad about that.

For ordinary UK retail customers, the BBC says 'Apple or Flash only'.

That's significant, and what is becoming more widely known to purchasers is that some devices are "iPlayer compatible" and some are not - which defines the 'incompatibles' as down-market. Plenty consumers care about iPlayer, even if they don't know that in turn means Flash.

Vendors will pre-install an official BBC iPlayer app - but not myPlayer v1, BeebPlayer or Skyfire ...

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest The-One

Flash is important. You cant say you have a full web experience on any device without flash, sadly of course, cause flash sucks more than anything. Unfortunately nowadays many sites still work with flash, and imo at 3.5' its not that big of a deal having flash cause the screen is small and you wouldn't enjoy anything. No point in having a Desire HD look alike if you cant really experience the web like it should be done.

And hell, above that, if it can run flash means armv7 and even if it couldn't play flash it would mean its an allot more advanced cpu. Its like comparing a P4 to a i7 or a C2D. They can even have the same mhz but the P4 gets trashed anywhere any day in performance charts.

Edited by The-One

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/zte-ska...ndroid-2-3-4-3/

hopefully there some providers sponsor it as pay2go so we can get it for same price like the blade.

flash and big display. camera have to be better than blade because you can not get a more worse cam.... :D

i really like it :D

i will definitly upgrade...

Will people PLEASE use the search before posting new topics

or even look a couple of posts down on the page which is where they were discussing this when it was posted - you can't miss if it you had even glanced at the page

I'll merge the posts

Guest The-One

Well then i guess its an QSD8250 underclocked like they did on the A1 to save battery. I was hopping for a second gen but if it really has an adreno 200 then is a no go.

The good part is that it uses armv7 instructions.

Edited by The-One

Well then i guess its an QSD8250 underclocked like they did on the A1 to save battery. I was hopping for a second gen but if it really has an adreno 200 then is a no go.

The good part is that it uses armv7 instructions.

Think the adreno 200 isnt such a big issue. if they keep the frequency of releases we will have on christmas a phone thats in the range of a galaxy.

also the cpu power of the blade is fine for me. also compared to my galaxyits really ok. but the screen is sooooo small.

and if it is a underclocked version, perfekt, there will be an overclockable CM for this soon :D

so the perfekt replacement for the blade until christmas to get something better.

A bit of Googling and I've found references to an MSM7227-1 Turbo, apparently an 800 MHz version of the MSM7227, that is used in the Samsung Galaxy Ace. That said, I can't find any reference to this chip on Qualcomm's site. But assuming it exists that would explain the 800 MHz clock with the Adreno 200.

Guest 90180360
A bit of Googling and I've found references to an MSM7227-1 Turbo, apparently an 800 MHz version of the MSM7227, that is used in the Samsung Galaxy Ace. That said, I can't find any reference to this chip on Qualcomm's site. But assuming it exists that would explain the 800 MHz clock with the Adreno 200.

So basically an overclocked MSM7227 :D

Guest renegade027
Meanwhile at HTC...

Wildfire S

600 MHz, 3.2-inch touch screen with 320 x 480 resolution, how do they think they can still get away with this?!

a) They won't

or

:D put it on cute colourful billboards around town and ..you know...dumb folk is easily impressed.

Guest vareBlade
Meanwhile at HTC...

Wildfire S

600 MHz, 3.2-inch touch screen with 320 x 480 resolution, how do they think they can still get away with this?!

You know whats the funny thing? they will sell for like double the prize of Blade and people will still prefer it, lol