Fuji-Vega Rom, Fast and Smooth, Overclock 1.4 ghz (25/04/2011)

Guest alphaola

Guest alphaola

FUJI-VEGA ROM

Hi Guys, After looking around both on Gtab and Vega resources. I decided to make my own rom. Am not a dev, just tring to piece resources together.This is my first Rom,as such have tested it to make sure its stable,smooth and fast.

All your comments are welcome. Constructive criticism also welcome.

Can you guys let me know how you get on and what you think

Latest News (25/04/2011)

Uploaded Fuji-Vega v0.7

Download

Here

Features

Kernel updated to 1.4 ghz

Wifi Options now include never sleep

Vtl Launcher v1.62

Visionary included for quick rooting. - Instructions below.

Honeycomb wallpaper included

and other tweaks

Old News (19/04/2011)

Uploaded Fuji-Vega v0.6

Download Here

Features

Removed some apps - more space to install other apps

Add more honeycomb flavor

Setting icons changed

Transblue market

Changed some icons to honeycomb style

honeycomb music app

Vtl Launcher v1.5

Installation

ClockworkRecovery

Copy downloaded file to the root of SD

Restart your device in recovery mode

PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU

Wipe Cache

Select the option to install zip from SD

Then select the zip you copied to your SD

When complete, Restart your device.

FAQ

Q: How do i install fuji-vega using clockwork

A: To do a new rom install with cwm ,download directly onto your vega the rom zip you want.

using vega tools install paul o briens clockwork recovery and recovery app.

then on vega use recovery app to get into recovery mode

once you are in recovery mode ( vega will reboot and enter clockwork mod recovery if you have it installed properly ) easy to tell, then at this stage you will have a number of options on the screen which before you flash a new rom should be done.

first do a complete backup, move to the header you want with the volume as up/down keys and use the power button to select.

backup takes a while but is essential

then after backup, wipe the cache partition and under advanced the dalvik cache which removes any lingering stuff from the old rom you backed up

then after all this go to the heading marked install from a zip file ( or something like ) and search normally in downloads for the rom file you downloaded.

select it and let cwm do the rest.

once it is finished it will go back to option to reboot ,,,, so reboot and enjoy.

if it goes wrong re flash in the same way or to return to your original rom just do a restore from cwm.

Q: Vega not rooted

A: Download com.modaco.visionaryplus_1.rarThen unzip it and install the apk

click temp root (do it twice)

vega should now be rooted.

then click attempt permroot now to permanent root vega so you dont lose root after reboot

Q: How to OC vega to 1.4ghz

A: Download CPU tunner from the market, it should detect the freq. then you can change the freq.

or

put sdtxt to the root of your sdcard, then open setcpu. scroll down to click load from sd/txt. If you already have setcpu setup. just click options,then device,then sd/txt.

Note: Make sure you tick "set on boot" option.

Screenshots

post-793638-1303729680_thumb.png

post-793638-1298738263_thumb.png

Archives

v0.1 (14/02/2011)

Based on Modaco Custom Rom For Vega R8 - Thanks to @Paul O'Brien

Links2sd

Replaced the Vega email with the Samsung Galaxy tab email

Sniffer from Notion Ink Adam - Thanks to gojimi

Canvas from Notion Ink Adam - Thanks to gojimi

Miui Music app

Some of the system apps have been optimised - thanks to tjohnsonjr

Changed Boot animation.

ADW launcher as default

Download Here

v0.2 (15/02/2011)

Changes:

Changes in the notification area like Gtab

Nice animations like Gtab

32bit Gallary3D mod added. - thanks to SilentMobius

Wallpaper just dark after install,needs to be changed.

Download Here

v0.3 (16/02/2011)

small notification - thanks to sir Gash for the quick fix and tdroza

Download Here

v0.4 (26/02/2011)

Honeycomb boot animation thanks to Wobblydoggy

Honeycomb Status bar

Replaced email from previous version to default email

Honeycomb live wallpaper.

And some other tweaking

Download Here

v0.5 (10/04/2011)

Status bar icons tweak

Corvus kernel included

some apk optimised

blue overlay on textbox removed

other tweak cant remember

Download Here

thanks

Pendo

Corvus

Paul

Bumble-bee

tjohnson

Mad-Murdock

and others cant remember now

Other Downloads

setcpu.txt

Edited by alphaola

Guest alphaola
Everything present that is mentioned but the mail app is force closing?

Thanks,

Ryan.

thanks ryan,will take a look.

Did you wipe cache and go into settings---->>applications, force stop it and reopen.

I cant reproduce the issue but still looking into it.

Edited by alphaola

Everything present that is mentioned but the mail app is force closing?

Thanks,

Ryan.

Settings / Applications / Manage Applicatiosn (all) / Email / Clear data

Should sort that out :D

Guest Robert Niel

@alphaola, Nice Rom thanks for posting. :D I've been looking around at the plethora of additions so your posting was quite timely. I loaded it on my Vega yesterday (via USB and the Windows installer) and so far it's working pretty well. Really nice and responsive! I only found one minor issue and that's through the Android installed apps there's a Video icon which having clicked on a particular video file offers two ways to open it. The one that's there as an alternative to the standard Vega video player app force closes immediately. But it's no biggie, I just set it to default to using the Vega one (or play with another video player with files which are in formats which aren't otherwise recognised).

I also made one further addition afterwards and that's to update to the 32bit Gallery 3D mod - I had the same issue other people have had with the default Gallery app namely it force closes if you try to scroll through a folder with a large number of pictures. That's not an issue that's due to your Rom though, it's been present in all the Vega rom images.

Robert

Edited by Robert Niel

Guest alphaola
@alphaola, Nice Rom thanks for posting. :D I've been looking around at the plethora of additions so your posting was quite timely. I loaded it on my Vega yesterday (via USB and the Windows installer) and so far it's working pretty well. Really nice and responsive! I only found one minor issue and that's through the Android installed apps there's a Video icon which having clicked on a particular video file offers two ways to open it. The one that's there as an alternative to the standard Vega video player app force closes immediately. But it's no biggie, I just set it to default to using the Vega one (or play with another video player with files which are in formats which aren't otherwise recognised).

I also made one further addition afterwards and that's to update to the 32bit Gallery 3D mod - I had the same issue other people have had with the default Gallery app namely it force closes if you try to scroll through a folder with a large number of pictures. That's not an issue that's due to your Rom though, it's been present in all the Vega rom images.

Robert

In the next release, will change to gallery 3d-mod. cheers

Edited by alphaola

Guest alphaola
Could I please ask, what is the difference with the animations and notification bar from the g-tab?

I think its alil bit of try and see. The animations are definitely much cooler.

Guest Sir Gash

Good work alphaola, interesting ROM. Really liking the new transitions!

I have a few questions/requests:

- Is there a way to get the small notification bar working on this ROM?

- Does the MIUI music player only work in portrait?

- Any chance we could have a 50% transparent notification bar with your ROM :D

Seems to perform well after my brief testing so far. A tip to others trying out this ROM:

- Leave it 5-10 minutes after installing for ROM to settle (rebuild dalvik cache etc.)

- My apps that were moved to EXT2 using Link2SD disappeared. I had to launch it 2 or 3 times then it will say it created an auto-mount script, reboot the Vega and they should be back (with the exception of Flash for some reason)

Also, are all the transition effects and visual tweaks like the Gingerbread transparent menus all stored in Framework-res.apk? I was going to try this: Gingerbread notification bar to get the small notification bar back but I do not want to loose your transitions and tweaks!

Cheers, good work so far! Hopefully we will see an update from Advent with new version of Flash which maybe you can include in V3 :D

Guest spacecadetuk

just taken this for a spin and i quite like it, the transitions are nice, i like the boot screen, not to sure about the e-mail app think i prefer the notion ink one and i like the sniffer app but all in all good work and thanks for the effort.

Also would like small notification bar.

Guest Sir Gash

OK, I figured out how to get the small notification bar and retain the cool transitions from this ROM:

- Copy the framework-res.apk from this ROM onto your PC (located in \system\framework on the Vega or just extract it from Fuji-Vega.zip)

- Open framework-res.apk using WinRar or 7zip

- Extract just the 'anim' folder to your PC (located in the 'res' folder)

- Close WinZip/7zip and then put the framework-res.apk somewhere as a backup (just in case!)

- Download the framework-res.apk file from here: Gingerbread notification bar

- Open it using WinRar or 7zip

- Delete the 'anim' folder in 'res'

- Copy the 'anim' folder you put on your PC into 'res'

- Close WinRar/7Zip

Now, using ADB push the file to the Vega:

adb remount

adb shell stop

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk

adb reboot

This is the first time I have moded the framework-res.apk, I have tested it out and it works for me, but use at your own risk!

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get the darker, slightly transparent menus. If anyone knows which files I need for these, please let me know!

Edited by Sir Gash

Guest alphaola
OK, I figured out how to get the small notification bar and retain the cool transitions from this ROM:

- Copy the framework-res.apk from this ROM onto your PC (located in \system\framework on the Vega or just extract it from Fuji-Vega.zip)

- Open framework-res.apk using WinRar or 7zip

- Extract just the 'anim' folder to your PC (located in the 'res' folder)

- Close WinZip/7zip and then put the framework-res.apk somewhere as a backup (just in case!)

- Download the framework-res.apk file from here: Gingerbread notification bar

- Open it using WinRar or 7zip

- Delete the 'anim' folder in 'res'

- Copy the 'anim' folder you put on your PC into 'res'

- Close WinRar/7Zip

Now, using ADB push the file to the Vega:

adb remount

adb shell stop

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk

adb reboot

This is the first time I have moded the framework-res.apk, I have tested it out and it works for me, but use at your own risk!

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get the darker, slightly transparent menus. If anyone knows which files I need for these, please let me know!

Thanks. Can't do anything now as at work. Hopefully to iimplement some the changes suggested when I get home. Thanks to sir Gash already make my work easy. Itd funny having 2 updates in 2 days.I don't mind as long as we progressing with making the vega a better experience.

Guest merlin_1492

I can't see the cursor of the mouse when I connect it..Can you make that I can see it??With the firsts firmwares I don't have any problem to see it...In any case the firmware is fast and seems stable...

Guest Robert Niel
I can't see the cursor of the mouse when I connect it..Can you make that I can see it??With the firsts firmwares I don't have any problem to see it...In any case the firmware is fast and seems stable...
This seems to be an issue that's been carried across from the Modaco R7 custom ROM (and still present in R8). Hopefully, it can be fixed at some point.

Robert

I tried renaming this zip update.zip ,and installed using Clockwork Recovery, now I get

"The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly Please Try Again" I am on Modoco Custom rom r7. Should it have worked?

Is there any way for me to remove again.... thanks

Guest alphaola
I tried renaming this zip update.zip ,and installed using Clockwork Recovery, now I get

"The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly Please Try Again" I am on Modoco Custom rom r7. Should it have worked?

Is there any way for me to remove again.... thanks

Have you tried going to applications ->>>email and clear data.

Guest spacecadetuk

After using for a while i've noticed flash is giving me some agro, i've had to re-run the flash apk after cold boot several times to get it to work and when its not working i go to check the apps managment and its stuck saying computing and i cant force close or uninstall or do anything with it until i rerun the apk then it seems fine again.

I've just put V3 on unistalled flash then reinstalled from the apk, done a cold boot gone into manage applications-all and for flash it says "Unable to compute package size", so i have to go into ifile manager, system/app and run flash apk to get it to install and work. I have to do this after every cold boot.

Edited by spacecadetuk

Guest alphaola
After using for a while i've noticed flash is giving me some agro, i've had to re-run the flash apk after cold boot several times to get it to work and when its not working i go to check the apps managment and its stuck saying computing and i cant force close or uninstall or do anything with it until i rerun the apk then it seems fine again.

I've just put V3 on unistalled flash then reinstalled from the apk, done a cold boot gone into manage applications-all and for flash it says "Unable to compute package size", so i have to go into ifile manager, system/app and run flash apk to get it to install and work. I have to do this after every cold boot.

Try downloading flash from the market. That should cure it.

Guest spacecadetuk

Thanks for the suggestion, tried it still the same i've also tried pushing the apk over adb but still have the same problem with the same error no matter which way i try to install flash :D

Guest alphaola
Thanks for the suggestion, tried it still the same i've also tried pushing the apk over adb but still have the same problem with the same error no matter which way i try to install flash :D

Ok,I was able to replicate it. Use this version it should fix it.

Download adobe flash

Let me know how you get on.

Guest spacecadetuk

right, i've download that flash apk and installed it ok, check in app manager and its version 10.1.10.106.1 but when i reboot i get version 10.1.120.1. The 120.1 version is in system/app and when i try to delete it ifile manager force closes and if i go to the market place all it says for flash is update, so i know i've got to get the 120 version off because for some reason thats overriding the 106 version you've given me on boot up but i just can't seem to get the bloody thing off my vega, and i can't rename it either,

thanks for the help by the way

Guest spacecadetuk

right i've reflashed with Pauls standard R8 ROM and that seems to have gotten rid of the flash version that was giving me grief, i'm now going to put your version back on and see what happens